* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#7501 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

After reading this again it sounds like this could be an LFG type of thing. I was hoping we could create destiny board with only people on our friends list. So save us from seeing messages pop up blocking our radar.

Seven why are you not playing MGSV or borderlands anymore? there are just 13 days left to advance in the backlogs!!!

#7502 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

I can try to help you this coming weekend. Hopefully its not burning shrine. I kind of want some thieves den again. Since we cant have vanilla maps in ToO apparently.

Awesome! I'm actually off Friday and Monday in addition to the weekend so just let me know a good time for you and I'll make sure I have a block of time to give it a go.

#7503 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Does anyone want to do the raids tonight at 8 (VOG and then crotesmgoats) like usual or are you just going to do the small teams and try flawless...Personally it seems like having more people just makes it more likely someone will die. I dont have it but figured it would be a cake walk after the next dlc makes us golden gods vs crota.

If you guys just want to do the flawless raider thing its cool I can take the night off.

Oh yeah nightfalls 10 coins, MIDA, HardLight

#7504 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

Seven why are you not playing MGSV or borderlands anymore? there are just 13 days left to advance in the backlogs!!!

I just lost interest in Borderlands 2 and im playing Gears of War Multiplayer when im not playing Destiny. Ive never really been into MGS, though it does look cool may have to pick it up when its cheap

#7505 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

YESSSS ^^^^^

#7506 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

The hardest part of flawless raider is cheesing the 2nd bridge part. So people need to be able to jump up to the area where you can despawn the thrall. This is probably the part that takes the most time also.

So arjay, cartslave, langdon, daver are all up flawless. Leaves a spot for me and jimmy. Usually we do it with just 3 people, less risk of dying, but id be up for trying it with a 6 man team, or even doing it more than once if everyone isnt online at the same time.

When I got it done was with a Hunter and my Titan. I distracted Boomers/Ghorn Crota, other guy beat the crap out of crota. Took 1 sword to get the trophy popping. 

Did only 1 weekly last night (no burns is so painful) so still lots to do, but almost being done with Batman (what a story!) and DAI (just got my castle) has been keeping me from going harder to get stuff done in Destiny. Still I think just going for coins while they are still so obtainable as a bunch is a good bet

#7507 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

I just lost interest in Borderlands 2 and im playing Gears of War Multiplayer when im not playing Destiny. Ive never really been into MGS, though it does look cool may have to pick it up when its cheap

Borderlands is more enjoyable when playing in groups (send me an invite if you ever want to give it another chance), and for MGSV you should definitely get into the series it is really amazing!

I just bought a Xbox one so the only game that I have is HMCC :( let me know you xbox gemertags to add you and maybe we can play some halo 5 when it comes out!

#7508 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

I'm trying hard not to get halo fever and buy an xbone...

#7509 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

My backlog is getting to be ridiculous on ps4 alone I have so many games I haven't touched like batman and the witcher. Now with ttk and classes I doubt I will have anytime haha maybe after this year when I graduate it will be possible to get caught up

#7510 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Yeah as long as Destiny keeps me interested I doubt I'll buy another system let alone many games. I preordered fallout 4...

#7511 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

So the new raid is unlocked the friday following the release. That is sooner than i thought. But man, the end of that stream, i thought all the live viewers were going to get something by logging in right away. That was disappointing. They hyped me up only to crush my expectations because i dont follow any of those people who came to demo TTK DLC. So i have no shot in getting that Destiny PS4. LOL

The Court of Oryx looked pretty cool. I can see a few of us spending a few hours in there helping each other out. But idk if it will get boring as fast as POE did. I guess it all depends on if the rewards are worth playing it over and over.

#7512 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, my backlog has gotten kinda stupid already for the PS4 and X1, all due to Destiny.  And I've been trying to be careful about buying stuff during bargain sales only.  Thing is... if I'm gonna waste time and BS for a while, I'd rather be doing it in Destiny.

Rare Replay is really the only one I seem to go back to because of the little bite-size challenges it has.

Right now, I only have Super Mario Maker, TTK,  Xenoblade Chronicles X and SW Battlefront lined up as my gaming purchases. 

I'm passing on everything else since I doubt I'll get to it anytime soon.  Hell, I don't know if I'll even get to these games (besides TTK)considering how much time I've sunk into Destiny.

----------          ----------          ----------          ----------

Anyway,  got my 3 NF runs done.  Love it when Rockets McD-Face rolls around since it's easy for me to solo that one.  BH the tank from the cliff entrance, then LDR McD-Face from the roof top.

Got Strange Coins, Sunbreakers and Pest Control Matrix.

Did some Dragon strikes and nothing.  Ran some PvP and had a Hardlight drop.  Pretty tame night really.  Only drama came when I lost a Hawkmoon that was sitting in my postmaster.  Basically one to many strikes pushed it out, oh well.

#7513 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hope it's easy for us to get 3 fire teams into the Court of Oryx. It would be lame if it matched you up with 2 other random teams. I want 9 of us in their lining up our tokens for a turn at loot.

#7514 Motiv  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:58 PM

I like what I saw from the TTK stream today. I'm pretty satisfied with what's been revealed so I'll most likely pre-order before the weekend hits. I'm all in, not that there was much doubt due to Destiny's grasp on my soul.

I finished another Crota HM solo super early this morning but still no Crux. I did however finally get my first Hawkmoon as a drop! Good grief... just about a year late though. 

Does anyone know if the Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo are going to receive year 2 versions? I figure there's a decent chance considering they were PS exclusive weapons for a limited time. Also, what's the point of nerfing Gjallarhorn, Black Hammer, and Ice Breaker if they don't have year 2 equivalents? I don't quite understand that unless there's going to be someway later to boost their damage/level in the future.

#7515 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:31 PM

Pretty sure the PS exclusives will have a Year 2 equivalent, just can't remember where I read it.

And ditto on the Gally-BH-IB nerfs.  I think they're gonna try to win us over with new exotics and if they fail, they'll create updated versions of those three weapons and make them part of a future expansion

#7516 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

I wish I could just pay 100 bucks now and get everything for the year again...no season pass is stupid.

#7517 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:33 PM

I've started and quit probably about 30 salvage matches in the last two days because I keep getting put on the worst teams. 

#7518 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:37 PM

Why are you even playing it?

#7519 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

Haha yeah professor I was looking at the trophies I needed for destiny and the salvage one was one so I figured I would try a few matches and it was so bad

#7520 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

Why are you even playing it?

30 more wins for 5 grimoire points, bro.

#7521 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

30 more wins for 5 grimoire points, bro.

Wrong answer. The crucible if full of excitement and fun. That's why you're playing.

Not one bit of lag EVER found in the crucible.

#7522 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:18 AM

Wrong answer. The crucible if full of excitement and fun. That's why you're playing.
Not one bit of lag EVER found in the crucible.

Crucible with friends/people I know is fun.

Hell, I even like clash 99% of the time.

Salvage sucks without a good group.

#7523 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

I was just poking fun. I know it isnt always fun. Whether its lag or shitty teammates. Ive been in so many control games where I had 6K-10K score and still lost because of bad teammates. Lol.

#7524 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

Nah I know you're just messing around. Salvage just pisses me off that much.

#7525 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:56 AM

I wish they would change the grimiore for 100 rumble games played, not games won. lol

#7526 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:59 AM

I'd take 500 played over 100 won in any of the game types

#7527 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:09 AM

I'd take 500 played over 100 won in any of the game types

That might leave a lot of AFK players though. Im sitting on 35 rumble wins but the game mode drives me insane, especially if i lose right at the end by a few points. Maybe with 2.0 update will help make things better. But i use last word a lot lol. Also sitting at 40 salvage wins. Wish doubles would come back next week, cos normal salvage takes too long. 10 salvage wins and i can be on stotches level.

#7528 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13735 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:15 AM

Pfffft you wish you were on my level, chump!

#7529 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:39 AM

I have a feeling the queens brother is going to die in TTK DLC.

#7530 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

I have a feeling the queens brother is going to die in TTK DLC.

He should.