* * * * * 11 votes

Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

#7771 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

Do arjay and daver live near each other or something?

Yeah after I joined the cag clan we found out that we live pretty much in the same city.

#7772 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

Played some mayhem and its pretty fun. One of the more fun modes of the game. I was using warlock with nova bomb and double scatter grenade. I almost always have a grenade because of the recharge rates. Its pretty insane, and fast paced. I think i like it! :)

I played it too last night and boy was that fun. So much going on  :twoguns: 

#7773 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=3ka3dqXx4gQ

Something about having one player hold the "orb" or whatever that feels like artificial difficulty. I mean it's a little puzzle-y but to then spawn a million enemies makes it seem like  :bs:

#7774 ludwigfrech   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

ludwigfrech

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

Played mayhem a lot yesterday and some today and I have just one comment... Golgengunzfest!
Gunslinger's super have so much edge over other supers mainly because it doesn't have travel time or animation (other than the initial one but you can activate it in a corner) its just stupid how a match can be totally unbalanced if one team have 3 or more gunslinger's on it... Even more if they are camping an area together.

It can be a fun mode but I can imagine that even with the new classes it will remain as a golgengunzfest

#7775 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3086 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

You know, thinking about Mayhem... a group of bubble bros. might end up be the most annoying teams to play against.

Set it up right with 4-5 titans wearing No Backup Plans, running armor of Light, orb gen upon bubble damage, orb gen on melee kills and you'll have a nonstop bubble party.  Hell, bubble parties are already annoying in regular crucible, can you picture Mayhem? :lol:

BTW, anyone else experiencing long, dragged-out crucible matches?  Not sure what it is, but the games are moving along too slow.  It's a bit boring, really.  Even blowouts seem to be taking longer than they should to wrap up.

#7776 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

You know, thinking about Mayhem... a group of bubble bros. might end up be the most annoying teams to play against.
Set it up right with 4-5 titans wearing No Backup Plans, running armor of Light, orb gen upon bubble damage, orb gen on melee kills and you'll have a nonstop bubble party. Hell, bubble parties are already annoying in regular crucible, can you picture Mayhem? :lol:

BTW, anyone else experiencing long, dragged-out crucible matches? Not sure what it is, but the games are moving along too slow. It's a bit boring, really. Even blowouts seem to be taking longer than they should to wrap up.

Don't forget the suppression grenades so the other team can't use their supers! Yeah I notice control was taking a really long time yesterday when I was doing it

#7777 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

I love me some mayhem, its awesome, fast, and fun. I wouldnt mind trying to get a few bubble bros with armentarium for double suppressor grenades, and bubble over the heavy non stop, maybe even try to split 3 and 3 to camp both heavy. one void walker and two bubble bros at each spot. LOL That could be fun. Honestly the titan is my least favorite to play as in this mode. Titan smash is so bad because you need to be so close. Even with death from above its hard to get close sometimes. Warlock is my favorite, because i just rush around throwing scatter nades and throwing nova bombs. Last night i was doing better with my gunslinger now that i wasnt trying to rush in. I usually just tried to keep my range from enemies and pick them off with midi, sniper, golden guns. Bladedancer is just annoying because for me, i can hit people with bladedance and not get kills.

Man i CAN NOT WAIT for tuesday. I kept the exotic armor i use on my characters, threw the ones i usually never use into the vault. I have maybe 4 guns in each slot, 4 or less armor in each slot. All so i have room to get new weapons and armor, but at the same time have guns with each burn just in case. Most of my characters are ready for tuesday, need to get a couple more vanguard bounties done on my warlock, and do some crucible bounties on my hunter to get that closer to rank up on tuesday with a commendation. After that im all set. Might have to go play some gears later tonight and monday until TTK drops.

First thing i want to do on tuesday is the quests to get my new subclass for each character. Then probably use the red bull code, rank up cryptarch, vanguard, crucible, and my faction.... hopefully get some new armor or weapons, then turn in all 19 of my daily public event packages, then turn in the rest of my bounties, and i have like 10 quests done to the point where i have to talk to people in the tower or reef and the reward is more xp. LOL. So hopefully i can get these subclasses and my rank high fast!

PS. Last night i was charging my controller and i forgot, so when i leaned back my controller fell to the floor because the charge cable is so short, and my ear piece broke open and the wires broke off. So now i cant hear people talk. And i looked all over and no one sells this cheap little ear bud that came with the system. :( So im going to have to solder the wires back on or just buy some cheap earbuds before tuesday.

#7778 langdon_alger   Phlebitis! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

langdon_alger

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

if soldering (I hate that word) doesn't work, let me know. I have enough headsets now that I could probably part with one my 2 tiny earpieces that came with the PS4. 

#7779 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

If anyone can recommend some good earbuds that work with ps4 controller, that would be great. Im having a hard time finding something i like. There is some PS Vita earbuds on amazon for 15 dollars but they go in your ear and i dont know if i would like that. I know apple earbuds give off some buzzing feedback when others have used them with me. I want something that hangs by your ear, and has a mute button. Needs to have a 3.5mm jack.

#7780 Revanchist   Revan CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

I finally popped destiny back in and was taken aback by all the UI changes. I also saw someone with an exotic warlock bond. Where do exotic class items drop from?

#7781 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4405 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

I finally popped destiny back in and was taken aback by all the UI changes. I also saw someone with an exotic warlock bond. Where do exotic class items drop from?

That's from the $80 collectors edition or you can pay $20 for the digital goodies.

#7782 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

Someone just sent me a message saying I was "Camping in the corner with Felwinter's like a little bitch."

1. It was 3v1, so I was sticking to the back corner of the Sector 618 map so I wouldn't get surrounded.

2. The dude was using Party Crasher +1 with stats almost identical to my Felwinter's Lie.

3. I won anyway.

#7783 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

Someone just sent me a message saying I was "Camping in the corner with Felwinter's like a little bitch."

1. It was 3v1, so I was sticking to the back corner of the Sector 618 map so I wouldn't get surrounded.

2. The dude was using Party Crasher +1 with stats almost identical to my Felwinter's Lie.

3. I won anyway.

Its too much for some people to say good game, they have to make an excuse why they lost.

#7784 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

3. I won anyway.

Did you reply back? Saying "I love you" usually throws them off. 

#7785 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

Some guy called me out for T-bagging once. And I replied with "I only t-bag people I love <3"

...there was a really odd string of messages back and forth after that...

#7786 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

i ended up ordering those ps vita earbuds for 15. Should get them by tuesday.

#7787 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

grinding bounties trying to maximize my shitssss...leveling crucible like never before with the new easy ass bounties...just get one person to play with and they are done in like 2-3 games...

#7788 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3086 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

chubbyninja1319 from the xbox Destiny thread posted info on the Red Bull strike, Trials and Iron Banner. 

http://www.redbull.c...ll-quest-reveal

Time limits during the strike, wow.  No more goofing off with buddies.

http://planetdestiny...on-banner-gear/

Sounds like Trials and IB will only be gone for a few weeks, at most.  Probably to give people time to get good gear

#7789 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:10 PM

The Mercy Rule is so god damn awesome. 

#7790 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

I can understand Trials of Osiris armor having a perk like reviving teammates gives more super, but why would Iron Banner armor have that? You cant even revive anyone in their game mode. Unless the game mode is being changed.

Did i mention I CANT WAIT FOR TUESDAY!?

#7791 Motiv  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to dive into the new TTK content as well. I've just been getting my crucible and vanguard ranks up to the edge this week with bounties, NFs, and the weekly strikes. I cleaned up my armor and weapon inventory a little bit but with all of the added space I thought I might as well just wait to delete some of the year one stuff.

Mayhem is awesome! I mostly ran that with my Titan Striker and Hunter Gunslinger. Both were fun and rarely did using a super end without getting at least a double kill (depending on the map). It seemed like most people still ran around with hand cannons, shotguns/snipers, and rocket launchers. Shotguns still feel pretty powerful up close and even at a reasonably close range do pretty well. I also liked how the end game stats showed everyone's kill streaks.

I'm kind of torn on the new maps as they seem to be alright. I don't think I disliked any of them after getting a good feel running around. Once you've played them enough the layouts are easy to navigate. I think they added a good variety of open areas and close range areas for different PvP tactics.

#7792 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:57 AM

I started the void walker quest today since I was bored and thought it was pretty cool. It's still kind of stupid that you have to go back to the quest giver to get a new step. Hopefully they're not all like that. I can understand turning it into them to get the final rewards, but I can just call Ikora up on my ship phone and tell her I made 25 orbs with my nova bomb.

#7793 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:58 AM

I hate that new map on Europe. Just feels like a long narrow path, with the two doorways on both ends to get to a bigger area behind buildings. That map sucks. I also dont really like the new outside earth map with the bridge. Especially for control, that B point is annoying. Im getting used to the tower map, that one is pretty fun. The crossroads map is pretty cool too. The fallen walls map is too cluttered. The rest are okay.

#7794 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:59 AM

Oh and it was rumored a long long time ago that an iron banner skirmish would be coming someday and we never saw it. So that would explain the revive perks on the gear.

#7795 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

Eh, iron banner skirmish sounds lame. I want something i can play casually, not have to be in try hard mode.

Does anyone know when the DLC will drop? My guess is around 1ET like the last update was. But im hoping its sooner.

#7796 NJMane  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

Eh, iron banner skirmish sounds lame. I want something i can play casually, not have to be in try hard mode.

Does anyone know when the DLC will drop? My guess is around 1ET like the last update was. But im hoping its sooner.

TTK will drop 5AM EST (2AM PDT).

#7797 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

So looking at TTK Legendary edition, I'm assuming it contains TTK as a digital download code, but couldn't find any statement from Bungie or gamespot saying that. Does anyone happen to know by any chance?

#7798 NJMane  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

So looking at TTK Legendary edition, I'm assuming it contains TTK as a digital download code, but couldn't find any statement from Bungie or gamespot saying that. Does anyone happen to know by any chance?

From the unboxing videos popping up online, it appears to be the vanilla Destiny disc and a sine code for TTK & Expansions I/II.

#7799 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6999 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

TTK will drop 5AM EST (2AM PDT).

Looks like im getting up early tuesday! 4 am early!

#7800 NJMane  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

Looks like im getting up early tuesday! 4 am early!

4:45 for me. No reason to be up before that (for me). The switch won't be flipped early. 15 mins to get a cup of coffee and fire up the system.