* * * * * 1 votes

BestBuy. Preorder Disney Infinity 2.0 get Spider-man play set free!

#1 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   1427 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
PS4

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Bestbuy currently has a deal for a free figure if you preorder version 2.0. This actually works with the Spider-man play set, which is $34.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat334300050008

With GCU, I just got both for $60
bleedingwicked.png

#2 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

No PS4...?

#3 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2873 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Thx op. My wife loves skylanders. This is a good price to check out infinity.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#4 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   1886 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
XONE

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thanks OP.  Never play Infinity or Skylanders but for this price I figured I'd check it out.  How will this work with the figures from the first game?

StudentofTruth.png

#5 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Sad to say that I want this even though I still have the Wii U Infinity set I bought right before Black Friday still sitting sealed in my backlog. I'm hoping that there will be a black costume Spider-Man variant figure. I would buy one in a second.

#6 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

Locked in the same deal for the Wii U version! Thanks OP!  :bow:

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#7 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Does the "upgrade" edition not get included in this?  Seems a shame as I've already got the base.

#8 MoCiWe   is a space smuggler CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
XONE

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

Does the "upgrade" edition not get included in this?  Seems a shame as I've already got the base.

Probably not, seems like if you have GCU and get the free Spidey set that $60 will probably be somewhat cheaper then getting the digital upgrade version and all of these figures separately, but we can't say for sure until the prices are out. 

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#9 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Probably not, seems like if you have GCU and get the free Spidey set that $60 will probably be somewhat cheaper then getting the digital upgrade version and all of these figures separately, but we can't say for sure until the prices are out. 

Yea, that's what I'm hedging.  Say it's only $50 for without the base and it's still cheaper to do this (to get the Spidey playset).  So we'll see.  If it's grossly cheaper I can back out.

#10 DocHorror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

DocHorror

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Thanks OP. Had to find something to use my $10 from Watchdogs on and nothing coming out before it expired caught my interest. However, we wanted to move Infinity from WiiU to our XB1 for 2.0 and to get the starter set and the Spiderman play set, $110 for $55 dollars is indeed a great deal.   

#11 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   1939 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Do the Disney Infinity characters from the first game work on 2.0 and vice versa?
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif BF4, Destiny, NBA 2k15
ps3108.gif Destiny: House of Wolves!
1tp4rst.gif Watch Dogs
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Mario Kart 7

#12 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43273 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Preordered...thanks for the heads up!

---------

@Bobby, 1.0 to 2.0 yes, 2.0 to 1.0 no.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#13 Fabs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Does Best Buy charge you now or at release?

#14 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43273 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

They put a constant hold on your card till release, so be sure to use a CC and not a Debit.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#15 TheFreak123  

TheFreak123

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

No PS4...?

It was on there just a few days ago. Was just about to place my pre-order today too, hopefully they add the PS4 version back to the deal soon; no idea why they removed it in the first place though. :(

#16 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

It was on there just a few days ago. Was just about to place my pre-order today too, hopefully they add the PS4 version back to the deal soon; no idea why they removed it in the first place though. :(

the ps4 version gets hulk for free already i think

micbelt.png

#17 TheFreak123  

TheFreak123

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

the ps4 version gets hulk for free already i think

There is going to be an option for people to buy a PS4 collector's edition with the Hulk included before other consoles is all, it's not free with the PS4 version by any means.

Regardless, the deal was available for PS4 users just a few days ago. Guess I'll just have to call them, no big deal I suppose.

#18 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4411 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Jumped on this! Can always return later. I absolutely despised Infinity 1.0 after coming from 3 skylanders games. Hopefully they fix this Infinity 2.0 to not be so boring and restricted to play sets, building your own stuff, etc. Some of that stuff is lost on 3 and 8 year olds..

Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#19 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

They put a constant hold on your card till release, so be sure to use a CC and not a Debit.

I have never PO anything that's months ahead from BBY before. What's difference from using a debit card and a CC? Wouldn't the hold still show up on the CC?

Dariel16.png

#20 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15978 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

I have never PO anything that's months ahead from BBY before. What's difference from using a debit card and a CC? Wouldn't the hold still show up on the CC?

yes but unless you're maxing out your credit card (which would mean your priorities need a check), it's better to put the hold on your credit card and not have any holds on your debit card at all where you can't access the money during that time.   At least that's how my debit works, which is why i never use it for anything other than groceries.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#21 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I use my Debit Card for mainly everything I buy that's why. I like to buy things without putting it on a CC. I use my CC for emergencies only. I look at it as if I can't afford it now then I don't need it, except my mortgage and car payments. I might just get a GC and use that instead.

Dariel16.png

#22 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   3961 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Placed another order just in case.

#23 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Is this online only or is everyone doing it online because it's been easier than going to the store?

#24 KanchoRuri   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

KanchoRuri

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

No longer able to add to cart.

#25 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Wow, they pulled it.  I wonder if they're going to let the ones we already ordered through.

#26 Bobby's Universe   All I Do is Win!!! CAGiversary!   1939 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Universe

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm glad they pulled this...I was so tempted to pre-order it but it's bound to be half off during Black Friday
Currently Playing
Untitled-2.gif BF4, Destiny, NBA 2k15
ps3108.gif Destiny: House of Wolves!
1tp4rst.gif Watch Dogs
wii109.gif Scarface The World Is Yours
3ds120.gif Mario Kart 7

#27 thereefernander   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

thereefernander

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Thanks, OP now I HAVE to buy it :(

Nvm I guess I had it in my cart as was gonna check out but it removed it :O maybe ill give them a call and try to get it
htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#28 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   15978 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I use my Debit Card for mainly everything I buy that's why. I like to buy things without putting it on a CC. I use my CC for emergencies only. I look at it as if I can't afford it now then I don't need it, except my mortgage and car payments. I might just get a GC and use that instead.

I hear you and to each his own but the proper way to build credit is to use your credit card and then pay it off in full every month.  Plus, you get cash back with most good cards.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#29 gueeds   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

I hear you and to each his own but the proper way to build credit is to use your credit card and then pay it off in full every month.  Plus, you get cash back with most good cards.

And if your card ever gets stolen with the ever increasing rate at which  stores  are being hacked, you don't get completely cleaned out in case your card is used. At least with a CC, it's not MY money on the line if that happens. They'll go to bat for that money and you are off the hook. If it's your debit card, you can be cleaned out and it will take some time to get the money back. 

Also paying with debit but selecting Credit does not change any of this. That uses a signature instead of a PIN.

Back on topic, I was able to get in on this when it was still active. But since it is no longer available, this should be closed.

#30 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1961 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

Back on topic, I was able to get in on this when it was still active. But since it is no longer available, this should be closed.

No, the rule is that you have to leave threads like this active for at least a week so everyone can come and post how mad they are that they missed the deal then beg for a fellow cag to pass along any extras they may have ordered at a reduced cost.

It also needs to remain open so people who got the deal can randomly ask others if they have seen any cancellations yet.