Dark Souls 2: Black Armor Edition (X360/PS3) $39.99 at Best Buy (regular $39.99 at Amazon)

$32 w/ GCU is a great deal for that edition... but I honestly think I'll just wait until Bloodborne. I haven't played through any Souls game yet and if I've waited this long I figure I can wait until Spring of next year.

I think I'll wait till $19.99 -24.99to re-buy this. I traded in mine disc only and kept the black armor edition.

There is one CE still available though, if they'd drop it to $59.99 I'd bite.

I brought this game on Thursday at Walmart for $64.00. Would I be able to take my opened copy, and have the difference price matched on store credit? 

I brought this game on Thursday at Walmart for $64.00. Would I be able to take my opened copy, and have the difference price matched on store credit?
If I'm not mistaken Walmart only PM if you have actual Ad. If it's the same SKU you should be able to buy a copy from BBY and return the new copy to Walmart.

If you have GCU, the easiest would be to return the BBY edition to Wal-Mart.

If I'm not mistaken Walmart only PM if you have actual Ad. If it's the same SKU you should be able to buy a copy from BBY and return the new copy to Walmart.
That wouldn't work for me. I already did to many returns when I did the target deal I brought four copies of Ghost and Assassin's Creed and sold them to Walmart. If I do it again the system will block me for six months, so it's best I wait the 45 days until it renews. I should be able to show them my copy of Dark Souls 2 with a printed Best Buy ad, and get the difference on store credit. Why would it matter if it was opened? I intend to keep my copy. I would just like the difference price matched on store credit, so I can use it to pick up a PSN card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double posting. I wanted to ask you guys if GCU is better then power up rewards? I'm always reading about GCU combined deals, but never anything about power up rewards. What's the deal? Should I cancel power up rewards and get GCU or both?

Sorry for double posting. I wanted to ask you guys if GCU is better then power up rewards? I'm always reading about GCU combined deals, but never anything about power up rewards. What's the deal? Should I cancel power up rewards and get GCU or both?
Well, power-up rewards has its own merits, I guess.

15USD (1year membership) for 10% off preowned games increased points for trade-ins and purchases too. Also nets you two coupons at start.

GCU is 60USD (2year membership) for 20% off new games and 10% off preowned. You get the same bonuses for trade-ins, purchases and coupons.

If you pick up preowned games at Gamestop, it's probably still worth it to get it there. But GCU is the way to go in terms of memberships. I did say it was 60USD for the membership, but it's normal MSRP is 120USD. They just have it on 50% off so much that if you don't get it for that or less, it'll be silly.

That wouldn't work for me. I already did to many returns when I did the target deal I brought four copies of Ghost and Assassin's Creed and sold them to Walmart. If I do it again the system will block me for six months, so it's best I wait the 45 days until it renews. I should be able to show them my copy of Dark Souls 2 with a printed Best Buy ad, and get the difference on store credit. Why would it matter if it was opened? I intend to keep my copy. I would just like the difference price matched on store credit, so I can use it to pick up a PSN card.
I think you just admitted to return fraud. :shame: :shame:

Well, power-up rewards has its own merits, I guess.

15USD (1year membership) for 10% off preowned games increased points for trade-ins and purchases too. Also nets you two coupons at start.

GCU is 60USD (2year membership) for 20% off new games and 10% off preowned. You get the same bonuses for trade-ins, purchases and coupons.

If you pick up preowned games at Gamestop, it's probably still worth it to get it there. But GCU is the way to go in terms of memberships. I did say it was 60USD for the membership, but it's normal MSRP is 120USD. They just have it on 50% off so much that if you don't get it for that or less, it'll be silly.
Thanks for the run down. I appreciate it. I had no idea that you save 20% on new games. That's a lot better in my opinion then the rewards deal. I rarely ever trade though. The games I decide to buy I make sure that they're keepers. It's a shame Best Buy is a half hour drive. I suppose I could do this online as well. Now does Best Buy's 20% stack with price matching amazon or newegg?

Doesn't take any courage whatsoever to admit something behind a keyboard on an internet forum. 

People dont post about it because they realize that nobody gaf about your personal endeavours.

Doesn't take any courage whatsoever to admit something behind a keyboard on an internet forum.

People dont post about it because they realize that nobody gaf about your personal endeavours.
True and if it was such a problem no one would have been coaching members on how to take advantage of illinformed Target employees. So I don't want to hear no bullshit from hypocrites.

Thanks for the heads up OP, picked up one of the last Black Armor editions in my area (only two BBs showed it in stock, and we have a ton in this area, NVA).  The store I got mine from was at Potomac Yards, they had one more on the shelf when I left.  $32 for the Black Armor edition is a great deal!

It's the truth. I'm not the only one on this website that has done it. I read post about other members doing it. At least they have the balls to admit it. Some of you keep it to yourselves.
While it's not specifically spelled out, I believe it is against the TOS for the site. Presuming it falls under illegal activities.

I think I'll wait till $19.99 -24.99to re-buy this. I traded in mine disc only and kept the black armor edition.

There is one CE still available though, if they'd drop it to $59.99 I'd bite.
Namco Bandai webstore had the Collector's Edition on one-day sale for $60 the other week. I was waiting for the regular edition to hit $30 or so, but I bit and I'm glad I did. The quality of the CE swag is pretty great. Especially if you like art books.

$32 w/ GCU is a great deal for that edition... but I honestly think I'll just wait until Bloodborne. I haven't played through any Souls game yet and if I've waited this long I figure I can wait until Spring of next year.
Just buy Demon's Souls. It's the best one out of them all.

exileinoblivion said:
So that mario kart 8 thread is alright but return fraud pushes the boundaries? CAG has been getting downright stupid lately.
I'm not sure what the Mario Kart 8 thread is about but yes, there is a difference. Return fraud is illegal. Buying and selling/trading (or "flipping" if you like) is not.

Is a metal case (& soundtrack) the only extra in this version? Is it a legit steelbook? Thanks in advance.

I still need to play DS1 through. Got demotivated after playing ps3 version, then having to start over after buying PC version (whole game w dlc was same price as dlc on ps3). Still need to play, but the E3 2013 vid looked insane so I was thinking about skipping to DS2. Now that I know the amazing lighting effects was all fake, I can wait til after I finish DS1. Will prob get DS2 on PC, unless I find great deal on the CE or this version.

Of course I had to buy this trash  (regular edition) like 2 weeks ago for more money....

Lol, somebody needs to look up "return fraud" on wikipedia or something before making bold claims, but what can you expect from Cheapy's unpaid minions.

Stele said:
Lol, somebody needs to look up "return fraud" on wikipedia or something before making bold claims, but what can you expect from Cheapy's unpaid minions.
OK, I did. Too bad you didn't before posting:

Types of return fraud

Some examples of the return fraud and abuse problems include:
Wardrobing or renting: Purchasing merchandise for short-term use with the intent to return the item, such as a dress for a special occasion, a video camera for graduations and weddings or a big-screen television for the Super Bowl.
Returning stolen merchandise: Shoplifting with the objective to return the item(s) for full price, plus any sales tax.
Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.
e-Receipt fraud: Utilizing e-receipts issued when purchasing goods online, but returning them in store, to return merchandise for profit. A variation of the receipt fraud using the e-receipts.
Employee fraud: Assistance from employees to return stolen goods for full retail price.
Price switching: Placing lower priced labels on merchandise with the intention of returning the item(s) at the higher price point.
Price arbitrage: Purchasing differently priced, but similar-looking merchandise and returning the cheaper item as the expensive one.
Switch fraud: Purchasing a working item, and returning a damaged or defective identical item that was already owned.
Cross-retailer return: Returning or exchanging an item purchased at another retailer (usually at a lower price) for cash or a similar, higher-priced item at another retailer.
If you are referring to the "illegal" part I suppose an incident or two of it is not really illegal. But doing it a lot can get loss prevention on your ass and potentially lead to trouble. Trading games in (that you bought legit), even excessively, at most will get you a trading ban.

And the semantics don't matter anyway - talk of return fraud is not allowed on CAG, and what was being discussed clearly was an example of that.

bread's done
Back