Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition

Something is fishy... I find it hard to believe they didn't sell through 5,000 over the past 5-6 months.

Oh well.
Clearly you've never ordered something from Digital River.

---

On-topic: -insert obligatory and hate filled rant about MSRP not being a deal and this forum being used as a news forum-

Last edited by a moderator:
No just 100's of orders in the last six months alone.....

Even shitty fulfillment centers have no problem selling 5,000 units of a limited item--think NECA when they try to do their own fulfillment.

But yes... everything is DR's fault... cause that's like the cool thing to say... or something

From what I understand, there were a lot of people who were cancelling their orders of the CE, as well as some errors in payment processing, which resulted in loss of orders as well.  My guess is this left over allotment of CEs are basically all of those orders.  There's probably not too many left.  

Man I would really like to get my hands on one but god damn that's a hell of a lot of money for one game anymore. I think I'll just waffle on it until it sells out and then kick myself for having all that extra cash... err.. I mean missing out... yea.. that's the ticket!

EDIT: Jeez, it's more than double what the regular edition would cost from Best Buy (thank you GCU). No way I can throw down now. I'm a sucker for art books and such but that's just out of hand for a series that I'm not that big of a fan of. Now if this was the CE for a new Chrono Trigger game then by all means get the shears out and fleece me to death cause I'd probably buy it for anything under $250...

That's what happens when you can't change your CC info or change your address.

Also, at least it's not a $150 'statue' CE? Too many $100+ CE now that just aren't worth it. I'm bitter about the Xillia 2 CE.

---

On-topic: -insert obligatory and hate filled rant about MSRP not being a deal and this forum being used as a news forum-
You forgot the "insert obligatory rant" before you bashed DR. But thats ok, we all know its an over used knee-jerk phrase that everyone spits out to be cool.

But at least you got in on the msrp part correctly

Also, at least it's not a $150 'statue' CE? Too many $100+ CE now that just aren't worth it. I'm bitter about the Xillia 2 CE.
Indeed... one of those is probably from my order that they couldn't fix.

Not understanding the hard-ons some of you have for Digital River. Just because they were/are good for you, doesn't mean the same for others. Nor does it make you the majority. I've had my one and only order from them.

This version is legit.  I really do like the novel that is included.  But eh... this post was mainly for the collectors.  Casual gamers... wait for a sale on the standalone game.

My guess for this as to why it's still available is due to it's lack of popularity.  I can guarantee you most of the pre-orders were for drop-shipping sales on eBay and Amazon.  When they couldn't sell it at a higher price due to the lack of popularity, the sellers cancelled their orders and received a refund.  But... that's my thinking.

Ah... my fault. Apologies CAG. Go ahead and delete. Only deal I can think of is that you won't have to pay the inflated price off eBay/Amazon. Other than that... there is no deal. Sorry again.

This version is legit. I really do like the novel that is included. But eh... this post was mainly for the collectors. Casual gamers... wait for a sale on the standalone game.

My guess for this as to why it's still available is due to it's lack of popularity. I can guarantee you most of the pre-orders were for drop-shipping sales on eBay and Amazon. When they couldn't sell it at a higher price due to the lack of popularity, the sellers cancelled their orders and received a refund. But... that's my thinking.
I actually posted about the Drakengard CE going back in stock last week during E3. I posted it in the Collector's thread and the Japanese niche thread. As you stated not many people are going to jump on this.

My copy is still sealed, don't really have time to play it. In any case, SE does make some nice looking CEs. I love my Lightning Returns as well as my FFX / X-2 CE.

Does it also include the pre-order dlc?
Was this the pre-order DLC? I don't really remember...

• DLC Code for the Caim Costume, based on the protagonist of Drakengard
• DLC Code for a prequel stage featuring Zero’s sister, One as a playable character
• DLC Code for the Giant Baby Hat

Was this the pre-order DLC? I don't really remember...

• DLC Code for the Caim Costume, based on the protagonist of Drakengard
• DLC Code for a prequel stage featuring Zero’s sister, One as a playable character
• DLC Code for the Giant Baby Hat
No, that's just CE bonuses.

Not understanding the hard-ons some of you have for Digital River. Just because they were/are good for you, doesn't mean the same for others. Nor does it make you the majority. I've had my one and only order from them.
Not understanding the hard-ons some of you have against Digital River. Just because they were/are bad for you, doesn't mean the same for others. Nor does it make you the majority. I've had my many and multiple orders from them.

See that works on both sides in terms of opinions :p

And if you cancel your order and try to re-order it they suspend your account. ~_~

Not understanding the hard-ons some of you have against Digital River. Just because they were/are bad for you, doesn't mean the same for others. Nor does it make you the majority. I've had my many and multiple orders from them.

Sure, except for most consumers and I would suspect most CAGs, the expectation is that a retailer will consistently get orders right. When a retailer regularly lets down a substantial number of people, even if you don't happen to be one of those people, it really doesn't make sense to keep heaping praise on that retailer. For example, I have rarely had problems with Gamestop, but I recognize that a lot of other people have had problems and therefore would not hop into every Gamestop related thread with praise of Gamestop and insults for people who share negative experiences.

I also think the complaints serve an important purpose in that people know what potential issues they may face if they use a particular retailer whereas people hopping in and attacking the people who relate negative experiences doesn't really do anything of value for the community as again, just getting orders right most of the time is the baseline expectation, not something to be praised. I suppose if you have stories about DR going above and beyond and providing great customer service, that might serve a purpose, but I'm guessing that you don't have any such stories to share as DR doesn't really have the infrastructure to provide that level of oustanding customer service with their inability to answer their phones and refusal to take responsibility for damaged items.

Sure, except for most consumers and I would suspect most CAGs, the expectation is that a retailer will consistently get orders right. When a retailer regularly lets down a substantial number of people, even if you don't happen to be one of those people, it really doesn't make sense to keep heaping praise on that retailer. For example, I have rarely had problems with Gamestop, but I recognize that a lot of other people have had problems and therefore would not hop into every Gamestop related thread with praise of Gamestop and insults for people who share negative experiences.
I don't think anyone praised Digital River....

but continue.

Translation?
It means they took near 3 weeks to get me the item I ordered, which was in stock. Packaging was fine. Trying to communicate with them...impossible. That's 1 out of 3, no thanks. Don't need it that bad. It speaks volumes that Namco switched to Amazon.

Except that I don't. It's plain fact. And that makes zero sense. How can you have a hard on against somebody? If they work for you, great. You represent like 1 out of 10. That's minority. And when you make posts like you just did, you clearly have an affinity for the company. See how that works?

I love this CE. The included Novella compliments the story really well and I love the poster that comes with it. Too bad it's all folded and creased (understandably). The packaging is high quality too and I like the minimalist style. The DLC is alright. Caim's costume is super useful, but I'm sure it will all be on the store eventually.

It means they took near 3 weeks to get me the item I ordered, which was in stock. Packaging was fine. Trying to communicate with them...impossible. That's 1 out of 3, no thanks. Don't need it that bad. It speaks volumes that Namco switched to Amazon.
It speaks volumes that Lenovo and Microsoft have stayed with Digital River.

See how that works?

But I guess DR is upset they aren't going to fulfill all 15 products that Namco carried

Because when bitching gets old, you need bitching about bitching to shake things up.

-tilts head- I really don't see why people are defending Digital River. I understand that they don't always fuck up (I got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate early from them), but there are a LOT of posts on CAG of people getting screwed by them. Not posts like mine, but people who took a chance and got burned. Everyone who wants to silence these people is basically saying that you don't want people to be informed and make a choice. I mean, if you had a good experience, then instead of trying to silence these people, just post the good thing so people see that they're not all that bad. 

It speaks volumes that Lenovo and Microsoft have stayed with Digital River.

See how that works?

But I guess DR is upset they aren't going to fulfill all 15 products that Namco carried
I'm not gonna argue with you, I dont give a fuck either way. So you can act like DR is pure gold all day long, doesn't matter to me. Whether they are or not, seems to be totally random. I had a horrible experience, I dont bother with them anymore. You acting like a douche doesn't help anything.

Wow, the butthurt in this one.  Guy gets mad over someone just mentioning a decent thing about DR, then gets mad when I say that people can have different opinions than him.  Winner is you good sir.

You guys are something else. Who got mad? I pointed out my experience and get shit on for it with a bunch of condescending sarcasm. Get over yourself.

Seriously this. I've had some decent experiences with DR. And some really ridiculously stupid experiences. It boggles my mind how such amazingly simple things can be fucked up so bad.

We got our hands on a few more copies of the Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition, just for our Square Enix Presents audience! A small amount will be made available on the Square Enix Online Store starting the first day of E3 so be sure to snap them up as soon as possible. Once these are gone, that's it! You'll be glad you did!

That tells me they held back stock.

I don't think I'll ever buy a CE again after Dark Souls II ... 

Guess it was a $120 lesson. 

This is funny. Site says CE is still in stock with a max order of two a person. 

This CE business has gotten so dirty. I'll take a free CE/LE upgrade for preordering, but otherwise I'm done. 5K copies ... LOL yea ok. 

D3_beautyshot_5_sold.jpg

I don't think I'll ever buy a CE again after Dark Souls II ...

Guess it was a $120 lesson.
hahaha, i know that feeling

I also brought DSII at launch (only bc I have Demon Souls CE+Dark Souls CE).

Buying LE/CE is not a good use of money for most gamers.

I'm tempted to just switch over to regular editions as well.

This is funny. Site says CE is still in stock with a max order of two a person.

This CE business has gotten so dirty. I'll take a free CE/LE upgrade for preordering, but otherwise I'm done. 5K copies ... LOL yea ok.

D3_beautyshot_5_sold.jpg
Most Collectors/Limited Edition games don't hold their value well.

And yes, I also brought this at launch.

I think they priced it too high (additional $30 +~$10 for shipping).

They should have included the full soundtrack instead of just a "sampler".

Or include all of the prequel stage DLCs instead of just one.

It cost $30 to buy the remaining prequel stages DLCs.

(same price as the full bundle)

Most Collectors/Limited Edition games don't hold their value well.
And yes, I also brought this at launch.

I think they priced it too high (additional $30 +~$10 for shipping).

They should have included the full soundtrack instead of just a "sampler".

Or include all of the prequel stage DLCs instead of just one.

It cost $30 to buy the remaining prequel stages DLCs.

(same price as the full bundle)
Was just going to ask if this included the full DLC or just one section. If it was the full DLC pack then this CE would be a lot easier to justify the purchase of. I guess I'll just stick to my guns and wait for the core game to get cheap enough.

bread's done
Back