Forza Motorsport 5 Paddock Edition 25% off for $90.00

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://store.forzamotorsport.net/collectibles/forza-motorsport-5-paddock-edition.html?utm_campaign=paddockfreeship

Pretty cool if you're a big Forza fan.

Exclusive, limited to only 3,000 made!

Matte Black Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Rehydrate in style with 700ml of your favorite liquids in this lightweight and rugged stainless water bottle.

Forza Motorsport Stem Caps
Set of four zinc alloy stem caps with a domed Forza Motorsport logo topped with epoxy.

Forza Motorsport Keychain
Metal keychain with raised Forza Motorsport logo and glossy carbon fiber print. Keychain measures 1.75" x 1.25" and comes with oversized split ring.

Forza Motorsport x SPY Optic Sunglasses
Built from bomb-proof Grilamid, these durable and stylish sunglasses feature 100% UV Protection and ARC (Accurate Radius Curvature) lenses with etched logo and black mirror finish. Enclosed in a custom microfiber pouch.

Forza Motorsport Premium Hoodie
This sleek, fully custom zip-up hoodie is made from 100% high-performance poly fleece with an oversized Forza Motorsport logo screenprinted on the chest, fully loaded with all the trimmings: patterned contrast hood lining, custom antiqued silver zipper pull, headphone eyelets in both pockets, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered this last week for $99 shipped.  Oh well, $9 wont break the bank.  Here's a unboxing video for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RD44i-PsC4

Man I almost bought this when it was announced. Apparently they couldn't find 3000 die hard fans that just had to have it at any price. Good on them. Don't let game companies (or any business for that matter) take advantage and charge an absurd premium just because you like their products. This thing should have been $100 max to begin with. I'm tempted but I'll hold out hope for a drop to $50 (honestly might even cave at $75 if I have the extra cash if/when it does). Good looking out though OP.

It's no dumber than any other collector's edition, game included or not.
Uh, yeah it is, you buy a "Collector's Edition" of a game because you're a fan of the game and you're likely going to want to play that game. Normal collector's editions are usually physical or digital bonuses for rabid fans of games, that are meant to be played. Making a special edition of a game and not even including that game is... well, it's pretty dumb.

Uh, yeah it is, you buy a "Collector's Edition" of a game because you're a fan of the game and you're likely going to want to play that game. Normal collector's editions are usually physical or digital bonuses for rabid fans of games, that are meant to be played. Making a special edition of a game and not even including that game is... well, it's pretty dumb.
Nothing prevents you from buying the game. The benefit here is that you're not forced to buy the game at the same time as the rest of the junk which is great for those of us who have discounts at various retailers like Best Buy's GCU. Making a special edition package of items related to the game but not necessary to play it (i.e. what most modern collector's editions are anyway) that gives consumers the flexibility of buying the game elsewhere is great IMHO. Is your issue simply that it's not all inside a single box and that you'd rather be forced to pay full price for the game as part of a CE?

Nothing prevents you from buying the game. The benefit here is that you're not forced to buy the game at the same time as the rest of the junk which is great for those of us who have discounts at various retailers like Best Buy's GCU. Making a special edition package of items related to the game but not necessary to play it (i.e. what most modern collector's editions are anyway) that gives consumers the flexibility of buying the game elsewhere is great IMHO. Is your issue simply that it's not all inside a single box and that you'd rather be forced to pay full price for the game as part of a CE?
I think the problem he has with it is the same as a lot of us. For $90 this should include a copy of the game. At the $120 price tag it should have included a copy of the game. Any time you bundle these kinds of goodies for a high premium (for argument's sake let's say anything over the standard $60 MSRP for games today) it should include the game. I don't think that's unreasonable. Also, they really shouldn't even be allowed to call something a 'collector's edition' of a game without having the actual game in it, right? It's so illogical it should almost be a crime. If I sold you a 'sport' edition of a car that costs $30k for $40k and all you got was the suspension kit, spoilers and an engine/tranny you might get a little upset because I sold you all the sports extras/upgrades for more than the cost of the car but didn't include the actual car.

I'd buy it if it had the game. The stuff's neat, but nothing I'd die to own, especially for $90. I don't wear hoodies or sunglasses. Put in a digital download of the game (at the minimum), and I'd jump at this.

I think the problem he has with it is the same as a lot of us. For $90 this should include a copy of the game. At the $120 price tag it should have included a copy of the game. Any time you bundle these kinds of goodies for a high premium (for argument's sake let's say anything over the standard $60 MSRP for games today) it should include the game. I don't think that's unreasonable. Also, they really shouldn't even be allowed to call something a 'collector's edition' of a game without having the actual game in it, right? It's so illogical it should almost be a crime. If I sold you a 'sport' edition of a car that costs $30k for $40k and all you got was the suspension kit, spoilers and an engine/tranny you might get a little upset because I sold you all the sports extras/upgrades for more than the cost of the car but didn't include the actual car.
So, your argument is really that it's overpriced, not that the items are separate from the game? How did you calculate the value of what's included? The hoodie and glasses appear to be superior in qualify to other items of clothing I have seen in various collector's editions, but it's kind of hard to tell without seeing them in person. There are tons of overpriced collector's editions out there now that do include the game and there are fewer and fewer that are under $100. You can decide that it's overpriced or that you don't want the items they are selling, but my issue is with people who are arguing that just because the game isn't included that somehow it's worse than all those other overpriced collector's editions filled with junk most people will never use or even worse, digital items that should have been included with the base game to begin with is just absurd. Also, I would note that they never called this a "collector's edition". It's called the "Paddock Edition" on the website and in the press materials they issued. People just think of it as a collector's edition because it has items tied to a specific game.

As for your other argument, auto manufacturers sell parts to upgrade vehicles separately all the time. Have you ever been to the parts department of any major dealership? You can simply think of this as an optional upgrade for purchasers of the game. To me, that flexibility is appreciated. Apparently for people like you, you'd rather get ripped off by having to buy the game for full MSRP as part of a package.

Lesson Learned: Consumers are not as dumb as you think and will not buy everything even if limited.

Include a Game code next time.

So, your argument is really that it's overpriced, not that the items are separate from the game? How did you calculate the value of what's included? The hoodie and glasses appear to be superior in qualify to other items of clothing I have seen in various collector's editions, but it's kind of hard to tell without seeing them in person. There are tons of overpriced collector's editions out there now that do include the game and there are fewer and fewer that are under $100. You can decide that it's overpriced or that you don't want the items they are selling, but my issue is with people who are arguing that just because the game isn't included that somehow it's worse than all those other overpriced collector's editions filled with junk most people will never use or even worse, digital items that should have been included with the base game to begin with is just absurd. Also, I would note that they never called this a "collector's edition". It's called the "Paddock Edition" on the website and in the press materials they issued. People just think of it as a collector's edition because it has items tied to a specific game.

As for your other argument, auto manufacturers sell parts to upgrade vehicles separately all the time. Have you ever been to the parts department of any major dealership? You can simply think of this as an optional upgrade for purchasers of the game. To me, that flexibility is appreciated. Apparently for people like you, you'd rather get ripped off by having to buy the game for full MSRP as part of a package.
I feel it's overpriced, yes. Separate from the game or otherwise. I am a cheap ass and I feel the price is higher than it should be. If they didn't want to directly associate it with the game in order to sell it separately they probably should have called it the Forza Motorsport Paddock Edition rather than make the distinction that it is directly related to the fifth game in the series.

Sure dealers sell parts separately all the time, but they generally don't sell them for more than the price of the entire vehicle and the parts combined. Obviously this is a point of debate in cases like these where the value isn't as clear cut, but for me (being a buyer at $50 max for this standalone) the price at $120 is more than I would pay for the game at MSRP (which I wouldn't pay in the first place) plus the gray area value of the goodies. For $90+ it would be a lot more appropriately priced if it included the game. In short I think you misunderstanding my percieved value here. You obviously feel that it is worth more than what I think it's worth, more power to you on that.

Lastly, for what it's worth, digital codes for games cost literally next to nothing to produce. One could have easily been included to increase the value to the consumer without adding hardly any cost to the bottom line. I always prefer physical so I would have bought the disc version anyway, but a digital code could have been sold/traded to offset the cost to someone like me.

I feel it's overpriced, yes. Separate from the game or otherwise. I am a cheap ass and I feel the price is higher than it should be. If they didn't want to directly associate it with the game in order to sell it separately they probably should have called it the Forza Motorsport Paddock Edition rather than make the distinction that it is directly related to the fifth game in the series.

Sure dealers sell parts separately all the time, but they generally don't sell them for more than the price of the entire vehicle and the parts combined. Obviously this is a point of debate in cases like these where the value isn't as clear cut, but for me (being a buyer at $50 max for this standalone) the price at $120 is more than I would pay for the game at MSRP (which I wouldn't pay in the first place) plus the gray area value of the goodies. For $90+ it would be a lot more appropriately priced if it included the game. In short I think you misunderstanding my percieved value here. You obviously feel that it is worth more than what I think it's worth, more power to you on that.

Lastly, for what it's worth, digital codes for games cost literally next to nothing to produce. One could have easily been included to increase the value to the consumer without adding hardly any cost to the bottom line. I always prefer physical so I would have bought the disc version anyway, but a digital code could have been sold/traded to offset the cost to someone like me.
Look, I didn't buy it at $120 and I won't buy it at $90. I personally don't care about Forza that much and have no need for clothing or sunglasses with Forza logos on them. Having said that, there are plenty of CEs around that include the game that are overpriced in my opinion. Since you have no idea what the goods in the box are actually worth, how do you know that this is being sold for more than the value of the goods and the game combined? I have a friend who has an inexpensive Honda Civic SI that spent maybe $7500 for the car, but another $15K on parts to upgrade it. So, there are plenty of examples of parts being more expensive than buying a fully assembled car.

I just see no problem with publishers doing separate packages of goods that people can purchase related to a game. To me it's no different than selling a poster or a lithograph or an art book or a soundtrack box set. This is just a box of Forza related goods. It's no different than the Dead Space package or the Wolfenstein package and frankly, plenty of people bought those as they felt the value was appropriate for the items included.

As for your other point, there is actually a cost of adding a digital code. Microsoft and Sony both charge publishers for making their games available digitally on their respective services and those fees are calculated on a per unit basis. In addition, depending on the publisher, they may owe certain payments to the developer based on each unit sold. In short, while digital is cheaper in theory than a boxed unit of a game to include, it's far from free.

Look, I didn't buy it at $120 and I won't buy it at $90. I personally don't care about Forza that much and have no need for clothing or sunglasses with Forza logos on them. Having said that, there are plenty of CEs around that include the game that are overpriced in my opinion. Since you have no idea what the goods in the box are actually worth, how do you know that this is being sold for more than the value of the goods and the game combined? I have a friend who has an inexpensive Honda Civic SI that spent maybe $7500 for the car, but another $15K on parts to upgrade it. So, there are plenty of examples of parts being more expensive than buying a fully assembled car.

I just see no problem with publishers doing separate packages of goods that people can purchase related to a game. To me it's no different than selling a poster or a lithograph or an art book or a soundtrack box set. This is just a box of Forza related goods. It's no different than the Dead Space package or the Wolfenstein package and frankly, plenty of people bought those as they felt the value was appropriate for the items included.

As for your other point, there is actually a cost of adding a digital code. Microsoft and Sony both charge publishers for making their games available digitally on their respective services and those fees are calculated on a per unit basis. In addition, depending on the publisher, they may owe certain payments to the developer based on each unit sold. In short, while digital is cheaper in theory than a boxed unit of a game to include, it's far from free.
This is stupid. That's all there is to it. And your logic is stupid.

Look, I didn't buy it at $120 and I won't buy it at $90. I personally don't care about Forza that much and have no need for clothing or sunglasses with Forza logos on them. Having said that, there are plenty of CEs around that include the game that are overpriced in my opinion. I just see no problem with publishers doing separate packages of goods that people can purchase related to a game. To me it's no different than selling a poster or a lithograph or an art book or a soundtrack box set. This is just a box of Forza related goods. It's no different than the Dead Space package or the Wolfenstein package and frankly, plenty of people bought those as they felt the value was appropriate for the items included.

I completely understand your opinion about the advantage of separated goodies. I think there is a place for them too; I think it comes down to a timing and branding issue. Releasing things like this along side the game make it look bad is all. Calling it any kind of edition doesn't help because that adds the connotation that this is directly related to the game release.

I never said there was zero cost to a digital code, but the vast majority of final costs of a game are in the physical good. This is why Nintendo 64 games became so much more expensive than PS1 games during that era. It wasn't licensing, it was the manufacturing cost of the cartridges that just got out of hand. With the advent of the digital era these costs can be completely eliminated by producing codes instead of having to manufacture discs/cases/manuals. Digital codes simply cost far less to produce than discs. Not to get too far away from my point but Turn10 is first party so I'd imagine Microsoft charges themselves far less for producing game codes than third parties. I could be completely wrong on that though, just an assumption. I know I wouldn't charge myself the same to do my own taxes as I charge others (I actually do my own for free even).

I like how all the stuff doesn't scream Forza so you can wear it and look cool and not have it scream "I play games".  I kind of want to buy it and just test the bomb proof sunglass material ala myth busters.

So if you got #167 then there are still 2800 left? Definite future price drops incoming.
Assuming they grab them off the shelf in numerical order, and that they're not just stacked randomly. These could be the leftovers shipped back from retailers (if they were available at retail stores), or the storage could be unorganized.

so much fail in this thread.

People scream overpriced on the ones that don't sell out (Forza, Woflenstein)  but look like full fledged idiots with the one that did (Dead Space). I would much rather buy the extras, at a price I think is appropriate then be forced to pay for a game I don't want to pay full price for. That is why publishers are going this route.

It's really not hard to comprehend. Or apparently it is...

So if you got #167 then there are still 2800 left? Definite future price drops incoming.
There are 6 different sizes you can order this in because of the hoodie, so they have the 3000 divided up between the sizes. I got an extra large like the guy in the video and he got #474, so they probably don't have them in numerical order at the warehouse.

There are 6 different sizes you can order this in because of the hoodie, so they have the 3000 divided up between the sizes. I got an extra large like the guy in the video and he got #474, so they probably don't have them in numerical order at the warehouse.
Please don't introduce logic into a thread... because you know... retailers only ship out numbered items in numerical order... or not.

Makes sense

People scream overpriced on the ones that don't sell out (Forza, Woflenstein) but look like full fledged idiots with the one that did (Dead Space). I would much rather buy the extras, at a price I think is appropriate then be forced to pay for a game I don't want to pay full price for. That is why publishers are going this route.

Why would you buy extras for a game you don't want to play or like? Now that's just stupid, just like your other post.

People scream overpriced on the ones that don't sell out (Forza, Woflenstein) but look like full fledged idiots with the one that did (Dead Space). I would much rather buy the extras, at a price I think is appropriate then be forced to pay for a game I don't want to pay full price for. That is why publishers are going this route.

It's more the pricing than missing the game, though. $120 was the original price, and that Wolfenstein: The New Order thing was, what, $100? Bethesda has some DOOM statue up for pre-order, and they want almost $400 for the thing. It's ridiculous.

Why would you buy extras for a game you don't want to play or like? Now that's just stupid, just like your other post.
Future profit, potentially. Also, the option to buy the limited edition/Day One of the game is there if you don't buy the game with the bundle. I know I was mildly disappointed that the Halo 4 bundle came with the game because I wanted the limited edition. I'd have rather gotten $60 off the console bundle, then gotten the $100 limited edition.

Explain to me how you get this:

From this:

I would much rather buy the extras, at a price I think is appropriate then be forced to pay for a game I don't want to pay full price for.
I'll wait.....

Posted under the video game deals section.

Does not include a video game.

Tsk tsk. ;) :shame:
Merchandise doesn't fall under this category?

It's more the pricing than missing the game, though. $120 was the original price, and that Wolfenstein: The New Order thing was, what, $100? Bethesda has some DOOM statue up for pre-order, and they want almost $400 for the thing. It's ridiculous.
No what's ridiculous is people commenting on the pricing of items they have no idea about. The statue you're referencing is made by GamingHeads who makes very high quality statues. That's all they do (as well as make the cheap statues that go with collector's editions) and they do it well. Many of their pieces, like the exclusive version of the Dragonborn statue now sell for $100 over MSRP on the second hand market. To call a statue that is priced at $300+ ridiculous just means you don't have any idea at what they really sell for and/or the demand. It's just a silly as the people who laughed it up in the MSTR watch threads (Mass Effect N7, Dead Space 3, Resident Evil, Battlefield 4, Mass Effect Normandy) because they couldn't understand who would pay $300 for a watch. Well since they all sold out----I guess more then you'd think.

What's next? Are we going to start saying "OMG, who would pay $40 for a picture" in the lithograph threads?

bread's done
Back