*DEAD* Xbox One Stereo Headset $49.99 Best Buy. Amazon PM.

I take it this isn't PC-compatible, is it?
Just saw this review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5n0zxe47kM

Looks like it's the headset, chat adapter, and a micro usb cable. Since the headset is a 3.5mm, you can use it on PC. But you'd need a splitter to use both the mic and headphones.

I'm tempted to try again, but the first pair shocked my ears....literally zapped me.  I think I may get a Sony headset so I can use on my PS4 and XBOX ONE since I already have an adapter.  Just waiting for a deal on Pulse Elites or Gold.

[quote name="pROvIs" post="11857275" timestamp="1403289096"]I wish this came with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. [/quote]

You can get it in eBay for from $.99 to $2

Does any one know if these work with the PS4? Thanks
From: http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/03/10/xbox-one-stereo-headset-review/

I attempted using the headset with the PS4 and it actually does have some limited functionality. Audio only comes out of the left side of the headset where the mic is and there is no actual game audio.
Not sure how accurate but its something.

UPDATE there is a conflicting report here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1708132.aspx

The XBOX ONE Stereo Headset is a great sounding headset, others may look the other way when they find out its not a Virtual 7.1 like the new Sony PULSE Gold Headset for the PS4 and is just Stereo sound, well I own both headsets and I have concluded the XBOX ONE Stereo Headset Audio Quality is superior to the PS4 PULSE Gold Headset and it works great with my PS4 and any device that uses a 3.5mm audio jack.
So to summarize: YMMV but I would lean toward them working.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get it in eBay for from $.99 to $2
You would think but its buyer beware. The chat adapter pins are different than most pin outs. The official MS adapter is weird.

Basically it takes a more standard 3 pin 3.5mm on the adapter which outputs two rows of stereo and a third for mic. This is done this way so its compatible with regular headsets and things like Beats with inline mic. However the old 360 headsets were 2.5mm 2 ring one for mono audio and one for mic. A lot of the adapters do a straight conversion so you end up getting one of the stereo channels fed to your mic which does no one any good.

The whole thing is complicated.

See: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/21buru/getting_your_chat_adapter_to_work_properly_a/?sort=confidence

There is an adapter on that website that he claims works but its sold by a ton of third party vendors and I don't have a whole lot of confidence they are always 100% the same item. http://www.amazon.com/Female-Headset-Adaptor-iPhone-headset/dp/B004E9SZP0/

It seems risky. Basically I have an Astro A50 and I would buy this in a heartbeat if it had that adapter and just have the extra phones but instead I think the $25 Official Adapter Packages is the better option for me. The whole thing is a mess if you ask me but great deal for those looking for a basic set of headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad amazon price matched. Got $10 back from my order 2 days ago. Plus I had used a $5 promo from the browser plug in. So it came to $44.99.

I finally bit at this price after almost buying last week at $60...even if the headset itself sucks, it's only $25 after the adapter and I can just price watch TB ones till once hits a sweet spot.

Anything has to be better than the one they include with the system...

Glad amazon price matched. Got $10 back from my order 2 days ago. Plus I had used a $5 promo from the browser plug in. So it came to $44.99.
I ordered it from Amazon back on the 12th (arrived on the 14th), and they did a $10 price adjustment for me as well. I had that same 1Button deal on it too. The headset is a steal at this price.

I finally bit at this price after almost buying last week at $60...even if the headset itself sucks, it's only $25 after the adapter and I can just price watch TB ones till once hits a sweet spot.

Anything has to be better than the one they include with the system...
The TB ones also come with the adapter. So essentially, you will have extra if you buy this.

I totally forgot about the 1button promotion. I cancelled and reordered. I probably will get the package a day or two later, but oh well. Worth $5 savings. Thanks OP, thanks for bumping the thread with the amazon pricematch, and thanks for mentioning the 1button promotion. I almost bought this headset for $80 at the Microsoft store with the microsoft giftcards from the crazy trade in promotion. My CAG gut told me to wait for a deal. My CAG gut is rarely, if ever wrong about this sort of thing. :p

I can confirm that they do indeed work great for the ps4. I have both systems and use the headset for both.
That is bad ass. Can you hear both game audio and chat audio through the headset? Does the mic also work? Do you just plug it into the ps4 controller?

I totally forgot about the 1button promotion. I cancelled and reordered. I probably will get the package a day or two later, but oh well. Worth $5 savings. Thanks OP, thanks for bumping the thread with the amazon pricematch, and thanks for mentioning the 1button promotion. I almost bought this headset for $80 at the Microsoft store with the microsoft giftcards from the crazy trade in promotion. My CAG gut told me to wait for a deal. My CAG gut is rarely, if ever wrong about this sort of thing. :p

That is bad ass. Can you hear both game audio and chat audio through the headset? Does the mic also work? Do you just plug it into the ps4 controller?
Yes, you can hear both and the mic also works. You just plug it in.

Oh I didn't know it worked on the PS4, I've been through 3 headsets so far. So if I can use this on both consoles I'll be happy. 

I got a big ass head okay? 

I got shafted on this. Ordered a set last week. Put in an email to have the price difference adjusted. They didnt answer the email for 3 days. Now AMZ claim its past the 10 day limit and they cannot look back at the price when i sent in the email (its now 66$). But i can still return and rebuy for the "current" low price, and get free one day shipping and waived return fees as "compensation" 

Basically went through the ringer on this. She claimed it was a 3rd party seller which is why it was cheaper. Told her it was prime. Then she said that emailing support isnt as "preferred" as calling in and it was my fault for waiting too long. They have "absolutely no way" to check any price other than the current one (which i know is BS as my browser can track weekly price changes).They will not accept ANY form of proof (screenshots, external links etc) to a previous price. 

AMZ has really let me down this week. My UFC arrived late because they didnt ship until the day of release from 6 states over, then blamed UPS. Gave me a bunch of shit about ordering late (2 months in advance) before agreeing to extend my prime a month for free (which is in their terms). Then they didnt send me the pre order bruce lee code, Now this. With my prime expiring this year, the increased price and the BS AMZ have been pulling lately, its not the way to keep customers. 

bread's done
Back