[DEAD] [Best Buy] $10 off most 3DS games including pre-orders, $20 off Bravely Default

Skardee

CAGiversary!
"Save $10 when you purchase any 2 Nintendo 3DS games (34.99 and up)" 

That's how it is advertised, but as of right now, the $10 discount is applying to individual 3DS games $34.99 and up in the checkout. Pokemon X/Y, OR/AS, Luigi's Mansion 2 and NSMB2 all receive the $10 discount in cart. Weirdly, AC New Leaf does not qualify for this (only one I've encountered so far). 

Strangely, Bravely Default lists at $39.99 but get reduced to $20.01 when added to cart (http://i.imgur.com/0hZFL8l.png). It's sold out online but reserveable in some stores. 

EDIT: Here's some links. 
3DS games - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/nintendo-3ds-2ds/30217.aspx?path=ae0e706fdb8a86cb6d1d2b513d04ef5cen01

Bravely Default - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bravely-default-flying-fairy-nintendo-3ds/10251171.aspx?path=23072fec857d5c976f6b9b99dbb97403en02

EDIT 2: Looks like the deal is dead. Two games are required to get the $10 discount. Bravely Default doesn't get its own discount, but it does qualify for the save $30 on 2 promo (which we know so far to include BD, Yoshi's New Island and Kirby's Triple Deluxe). Sorry to anyone who missed out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered Codename S.T.E.A.M. (which wasn't available during the E3 sale), and the $10 discount applied without buying a second game.  Go and lock in your pre-orders for $29.99 before MSRP gets raised to $44.99!

Found some other discounted games

Minecraft (360) $10
Titanfall (360) $50
Assassins Creed 3 (PS3) $10
Battlefield 3 (PS3) $10
GTA IV (PS3) $10

Strangely, Bravely Default lists at $39.99 but get reduced to $20.01 when added to cart (http://i.imgur.com/0hZFL8l.png). It's sold out online but reserveable in some stores.
The $20 discount is popping up on the "Buy 2 select games for $30" offers. But dropping 2 of them into your cart doesn't get you the games for $15 each like it should. This deal is broken, but still decent. I grabbed Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Triple Deluxe, which were both $20 off.

Tomb Raider (XB1) $40
Final Fantasy XIV (PS4) $35
Killzone (PS4) $30
Thief (PS4) - $30
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze ($45)
Minecraft (360) $10
Titanfall (360) $50
Assassin's Creed 3 (PS3) $10
Battlefield 3 (PS3) $10
GTA IV (PS3) $10

Great find! Do they actually honour the price listed here if you do in-store pick up? Seems like it's just a mistake by someone on the web team that will likely be fixed asap.

Either way, I'll take Yoshi for 25 and a couple pre-orders that weren't listed during E3 for $10 off in the meantime.

The $20 discount is popping up on the "Buy 2 select games for $30" offers. But dropping 2 of them into your cart doesn't get you the games for $15 each like it should. This deal is broken, but still decent. I grabbed Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Triple Deluxe, which were both $20 off.
I'm surprised these games qualify for that. I thought it was all the games that are recently for $19.99, like they usually do.

I'm surprised these games qualify for that. I thought it was all the games that are recently for $19.99, like they usually do.
Yeah, same. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to find a list of which games are listed this way unfortunately. No doubt that they're mistakingly labeled that way though, I'm sure they'll be corrected soon.

Great find! Do they actually honour the price listed here if you do in-store pick up? Seems like it's just a mistake by someone on the web team that will likely be fixed asap.

Either way, I'll take Yoshi for 25 and a couple pre-orders that weren't listed during E3 for $10 off in the meantime.
I picked up in store my order for Bravely Default and no questions were asked! :)

Damn just before I could put in my order they killed a bunch of the 2 for $30 stuff.

Edit:

Called in and got Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for $60!

Well yeah, it was obviously an error on their part. The 2 for $30 deals usually go for games that are $19.99 or less already.

While the hot broken sale is dead, BB's intended $5 off sale is working. Just writing [dead] in the thread title is incorrect.

It's worth noting that the deal works on the Persona Q Wild Cards edition, making the LE $75 if you're already picking up another 3DS game. EB is charging $90 for it.

I noticed that if you buy 2 games, only one of them gets the 10$ off discount.

This means you can return the second (full-priced) game at any best buy location.

deal should be renamed 10$ off any 3DS game (with some legwork)

While the hot broken sale is dead, BB's intended $5 off sale is working. Just writing [dead] in the thread title is incorrect.

It's worth noting that the deal works on the Persona Q Wild Cards edition, making the LE $75 if you're already picking up another 3DS game. EB is charging $90 for it.
Surprised other retailers are charging the normal pricing.

bread's done
Back