Dragon's Crown - $19.99 Vita / $25.99 PS3 @ Amazon (price dropped at GS too)

chimpmeister

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Dragon's Crown has finally dropped a little more in price, after holding its value for a long time on both platforms.

Amazon - Vita version $19.99
Amazon - PS3 version $25.99

Gamestop - Vita version $19.99
Gamestop - PS3 version $29.99

New copies for both platforms at Gamestop are getting kind of scarce, I was able to pick up an extra Vita copy (already have the game) at one local Gamestop, but many stores just have one gutted copy (or no copies) for both platforms. Amazon's PS3 copies have been selling quickly at the new lower price, last I checked they only had two PS3 copies but "more on the way" (supposedly). You may need to view other sellers on Amazon's PS3 link to find Amazon's version, since they temporarily ran out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Best Buy price match! My GCU is the only thing making me not immediately jump on this. I've been waiting sooo long for this to drop to $20 or less. Missed out on the one time Newegg had it on sale for $20. Never even saw the thread till someone pointed it out to me in a thread weeks later. Apparently was gone in just a few minutes. No surprise there.

This had to have just dropped. I looked maybe a couple hours ago to see the current pricing out of curiosity. This is the only Vita game I want that I don't have yet.

Come on Best Buy price match! My GCU is the only thing making me not immediately jump on this. I've been waiting sooo long for this to drop to $20 or less. Missed out on the one time Newegg had it on sale for $20. Never even saw the thread till someone pointed it out to me in a thread weeks later. Apparently was gone in just a few minutes. No surprise there.

This had to have just dropped. I looked maybe a couple hours ago to see the current pricing out of curiosity. This is the only Vita game I want that I don't have yet.
Best Buy never even carried this in stores, just online. They seem to be very slow to drop the price, I doubt they bought too many copies of the game. $20 is a great price for the Vita physical version, although they did have a digital sale for less than $20 recently on PSN. I already owned both versions (physical) but got an extra Vita version to keep sealed, and will get an extra PS3 copy when I get a chance.

Best Buy never even carried this in stores, just online. They seem to be very slow to drop the price, I doubt they bought too many copies of the game. $20 is a great price for the Vita physical version, although they did have a digital sale for less than $20 recently on PSN. I already owned both versions (physical) but got an extra Vita version to keep sealed, and will get an extra PS3 copy when I get a chance.
They had them in my local Best Buys for a few months after release. I would have bought the digital version when it was on sale, but I have a fairly strict $15 cap on digital games. I only break it for occassional digital only games because you never know if/when it'll drop lower.

It doesn't have to be available in-store for the website to match the price. I managed to reach elite status at Best Buy last year thanks to my dad buying a new TV through my account so I'd get free shipping on it so that's not a factor for me.

I picked up a complete PO copy at GS when it was reported in the SMTIV thread on Weds.  $14.xx with CA taxes.  Nice deal.

Grabbed a complete (used) Vita copy from Gamestop yesterday for $15ish + tax after the birthday coupon.  I was going to get a new copy as the same store also had one, but I would rather save the $5.  I bet the copies dry up from Gamestop quickly, so I would grab one while you can.

Still waiting for $10 on this or just free on PS+.  Maybe we're finally getting closer...

Still waiting for $10 on this or just free on PS+. Maybe we're finally getting closer...
I imagine it would be a PS+ first (or maybe I am just hoping). I have the disc based, but I will take a free download.

Those who would buy this used over a new copy if you had a chance- just by the damn new one. Like the above post stated, feed the dev not fuck en GS.

But buy it whatever option is available.

Just received my copy from Amazon today. Surprisingly they sent me one that is shrink wrapped with the art book. I believe this is only for those who preordered the game from amazon. Kinda surprise they still have them in stock.

Just received my copy from Amazon today. Surprisingly they sent me one that is shrink wrapped with the art book. I believe this is only for those who preordered the game from amazon. Kinda surprise they still have them in stock.
I actually really wanted the artbook. Might order one if thats the case.

Man I wish I hadn't seen this cuz with my luck I won't get one then I'll be upset

I ordered one of each version from Amazon, will report back about the art book when I get them. PS3 version was OOS when I ordered, so I doubt it will have one (they're restocking). But there were 3 more Vita copies left after my order, so it may still be included with that copy.

You don't have to click on ps3 anymore, you just have to move the cursor over an area. They patched alot of stuff including making the wizard op with charge and adding a harder difficulty.

Plays better on Vita anyway. The touch looting trumps scrolling around with the stick to click each piece.
The vita version certainty plays a lot better than it used to be, but it still suffers from some frame drops. Especially in the Tower of Mirage. :???:

They patched alot of stuff including making the wizard op with charge and adding a harder difficulty.
Wizard has always been OP. :)

Gamefly has the PS3 version for $17.99. 

Last time they had it at this price it went pretty fast.

www.gamefly.com/Buy-Dragon's-Crown/5002987

EDIT: Sold Out

Oh, that's the missing link. The first guy who reported getting the artbook probably also ordered the Vita version whereas most people would want it for PS3. Thanks Fry.

Has anyone else received the art book with the PS3 version?  This price drop was very temporary as it's now $29.  If the art books are gone I'm going to hold out for $19.99 which was my original plan with this game.

Has anyone else received the art book with the PS3 version? This price drop was very temporary as it's now $29. If the art books are gone I'm going to hold out for $19.99 which was my original plan with this game.
I ordered the Vita and PS3 versions a few days ago, but haven't received them yet. The PS3 version was OOS and no shipping date given, the Vita version was in stock but hasn't shipped yet (slow FSSS). Will report back on the artbook, but I really don't expect to get one since Amazon is restocking that version, and probably won't get more artbooks. I am hoping to get the Vita version with art book since that never went out of stock, but who knows. Others here have gotten them. But Amazon only shows 3 copies left right now for Vita (or is that a 3-copy limit per order, who knows), so these may come without art books in the near future as well.

Has anyone else received the art book with the PS3 version? This price drop was very temporary as it's now $29. If the art books are gone I'm going to hold out for $19.99 which was my original plan with this game.
I just clicked all the links in the OP and all prices are still valid.

I just received my copies from Amazon (that I ordered on the 20th) and the Vita version did not come with the artbook but the PS3 version did come with the artbook shrinkwrapped to it.​

Fingers crossed for an artbook with the PS3 version! :D Shipping on June 28, is that a bad sign that the artbooks are dried up?

Ordered the Vita version from Amazon on Monday: just arrived today and the art book was included. Had originally planned to get this at Best Buy with my GCU discount at some point, but the art book makes this price point acceptable for me.

Got mine in yesterday with an art book as well. Make it worth the $4 extra I would have paid had Best Buy sold it at the same price. Hopefully will get a chance to play it this evening when I get home from work. Not that I really need another dungeon crawler considering I just started getting back into Diablo III..

Got my vita copy today, no artbook. I placed my order when it still said in stock and not with the extra "ships in another 1 -2 weeks" wording

Placed my order on the 20th for ps3 version was supposed to come today but didn't. Anticipation is killing me. Did anyone here have their copy ship out of the WA warehouse?

sounds hit or miss on the artbook.   I ordered mine 2 days ago and just received today, vita version had artbook!!   cha ching!!   = )   thanks for posting this!

I've never really cared about an art book other than Hyrule Historia but after a few hours playing Dragon's Crown (bought used at GS) on my Vita I'm actually kind of wishing I had gotten the art book for this game.

This is my first Vanillaware game and I'm really impressed with the artwork.

Just chiming in with more experiences:

ordered Vita version on June 25th, received today with no art book.  I'm considering ordering another or a PS3 version and seeing if I get one just for the heck of it...

I originally got Dragon's Crown PS3 from Newegg and they got no artbooks with theirs when everyone else did....I would have liked it too esp since Vanillaware art is usually very good.

Strange how this is all over the place with the art book.  I ordered one each (Vita and PS3) copies on June 21, my Vita version arrived today with the art book.  The PS3 copies were out of stock at the time I ordered, but have since been restocked and my PS3 copy is in transit.  I don't expect an art book with that copy since Amazon had to restock the game, but who knows.  Still, very pleased that I got one with the Vita copy!

bread's done
Back