* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/16: Holiday Sale Wk 3 ($6 Terraria PS4/Vita, $3 Hotline Miami, $7.49 Child of Light, $8 Last Tinker, $9 Pier Solar)

#4921 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   906 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

I just pre ordered Hohokum..shouldn't I be able to download it on my ps4 right now?

Edit: Nvm I think I understand now, auto download starts on the 10th

#4922 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Capcom is doing an HD remaster of the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil:

Excellent, now they just need to do a RE Zero HD port, and Konami needs to do a HD port of Twin Snakes.

#4923 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

When I say I don't do horror games, I mean it. I won't even watch trailers or reviews. Outlast will forever remain undownloaded. Lol, may stem from some childhood trauma playing Silent Hill.

That said, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this from everyone who's played. So I may actually give it a spin.

@waldo1212 Yep, I'd love an HD Twin Snakes as well despite the bad rap it gets. I've heard it'll never happen due to licensing stuff, though.

#4924 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2915 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

I don't care how many times they remake Resident Evil. I will always get excited about it.

#4925 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

I somehow got sucked into playing Doki Doki. I was just going to boot it up, try it, and delete it... but now I'm on like world 5 or something.

It's one of the odder games i've ever played, but it's sort of additively sweet.

I should absolutely hate this game. But I don't. Something about summoning a living saki creature for a sumo wrestler and watching him chase it around, or giving a mean character a pile of poop that chases them around, just works. Go figure.

I wanted to like Doki Doki. Went in with an open mind. Pretty awful, IMO. It won't even run properly on PS4 or vita so I can only imagine what it's like on PS3.

It has an interesting concept and I agree with @guardian's Scribblenauts comparison (not a big fan of that either). Just isn't...for me. Repetitive. Oh, and the constant nagging for Facebook sharing can go Fuck itself.

#4926 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Kind of lame, no physical release of the Resident Evil Remake HD.  I might just finally play my Gamecube copy, still working on and off on Resident Evil Zero.

#4927 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

man never play video games when your sick.  Got a  massive cold/flu started and was playing that  legacy game all last night till i  went to bed.  The only dream i had was that little dude running around in cicrles  right before you go into a boss room all freaking night LOL

#4928 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11155 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

I wanted to like Doki Doki. Went in with an open mind. Pretty awful, IMO. It won't even run properly on PS4 or vita so I can only imagine what it's like on PS3.

It has an interesting concept and I agree with @guardian's Scribblenauts comparison (not a big fan of that either). Just isn't...for me. Repetitive. Oh, and the constant nagging for Facebook sharing can go Fuck itself.

and heaven help you if you accidentally click yes one time, as then every time you boot up messages it has to load a few extra second because it auto-pulls up the facebook login screen with no way to say you no longer want to try to connect to facebook.

Ya, I went through the PS3 version and there must be a memory leak in their somewhere. Every hour (+ or - 10 minutes or so) the game would freeze when summoning something which would require a hard reset to get out of it.

#4929 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

The modern controls will make me get this. I couldn't do the old control style.

#4930 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I would try to play it with modern controls as well, provided I can get a good deal on it.

#4931 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2716 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

I had the originial  remake on the GC and couldn't get into it because of the old tank controls. I would play it if they updated the controls.

#4932 Wazootyman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Wazootyman

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

All for updating controls... and getting rid of the spiders. I didn't need them in pixelated PS1, didn't need em remade in GC and DEFINITELY don't need them in HD!

#4933 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37100 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

All for updating controls... and getting rid of the spiders. I didn't need them in pixelated PS1, didn't need em remade in GC and DEFINITELY don't need them in HD!

I hate spiders, but they need to be in this remake so I can shoot them DEAD. :twoguns:

#4934 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12754 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

What if PS1, PS2, and some older PS3 games had trophies added with the PS Now service, and the trophy support was only on PS Now. Are you going to use PS Now now?

I don't see that happening.  You're asking companies, which may not even exist anymore, to reprogram and patch in trophies with little to no compensation.  No one's going to take manpower and resources to do it and debug it when they can be working on a new game.  

#4935 JazzFlight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

JazzFlight

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Controls for Resident Evil will probably be the same as the Gamecube one because of the fixed camera angles / pre-rendered backgrounds.  They wouldn't be able to support over-the-shoulder stuff like in RE4-6.

#4936 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Controls for Resident Evil will probably be the same as the Gamecube one because of the fixed camera angles / pre-rendered backgrounds.  They wouldn't be able to support over-the-shoulder stuff like in RE4-6.

they said new control scheme... hoping for something modern... WOULD drop dead if there's a cover system :D... but most likely a RE4 think is my best guess

#4937 burnalivetolive  

burnalivetolive

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Great news, hopefully it prompts remake of all the whole batch. Of course my most wanted HD Collection is the Shadow Hearts trilogy..

#4938 Caine   That's my cocaine. CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Damn.  Just bought The Swapper before the price flipped.  Told myself I wasn't going to and I did it anyways.  

#4939 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68884 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-september-2nd/

Velocity 2X is out on 9/2.

#4940 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

I don't see that happening.  You're asking companies, which may not even exist anymore, to reprogram and patch in trophies with little to no compensation.  No one's going to take manpower and resources to do it and debug it when they can be working on a new game.

I believe Sony filed a patent recently that would allow them to add trophies to games without having to reprogram the actual game. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but it could make the process of retroactively adding trophies relatively simple.

#4941 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

imma download fez since its free this month. my friend always plays it while smoking bud and he recomends me to play it like that :D

#4942 shotgunshine   The People's Champ CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shotgunshine

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

CM Punk isn't going to like hearing that.

#4943 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-september-2nd/

Velocity 2X is out on 9/2.

I had a feeling that was the big news u were teasing, velocity is alright but nothin to get hype about. I mean wheres my Hotline Miami 2,  Nidhogg, Nuclear Throne and Binding of Isaac?

#4944 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4666 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

Velocity 2x is going to be absolutely awesome.   The gameplay additions (on foot, bosses, etc) look tremendous and I absolutely adored the first one to begin with.

As someone else stated, Sony patented a way to retroactively add trophies.   My guess is bigger games could get a nice thought out treatment, whereas b tier games could just get a 'gold trophy' for beating it or some other easy to implement trophy solution.   but i doubt it comes to fruition as well.

I don't have any issues with it running on my vita.  And it only asks me about facebook when I'm checking my in game 'mail', which isn't required for anything and easy to ignore.

I agree the game is repetitive (all games are to some degree) but something about it still works for me.   I'd never buy it, would never buy the dlc, and probably wish i was playing something else... but i'm still enjoying it despite myself.

#4945 QDizzle  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

anyone knows when the store updates

#4946 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

when does the store update? not seeing road not taken in the store yet

#4947 ssrpgvita   Banned Banned   193 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ssrpgvita

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

between hours of 3-5 pm est every tuesday why heck they dont do this crap at midnite is beyond me i hope osme good sales otherwise im preordering far cry 4 i been holding off for while ow if no good deals or flash sale this weekend im gonna get fc4 ps4.

last fal lineup game to choose form then is driveclub ords of fallen or aliens isolation aint decided

#4948 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6709 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

Anyone confirmed if dragon's crown is just vita or if it's ps3 too like the blog said?

#4949 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

imma download fez since its free this month. my friend always plays it while smoking bud and he recomends me to play it like that :D

CM Punk isn't going to like hearing that.

c8oCXww.jpg

#4950 ssrpgvita   Banned Banned   193 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ssrpgvita

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

never in my life have i jonesed this bad for store update hurry up sony