* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/16: Holiday Sale Wk 3 ($6 Terraria PS4/Vita, $3 Hotline Miami, $7.49 Child of Light, $8 Last Tinker, $9 Pier Solar)

#1261 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3811 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

What's wrong with it? I'm going to start on it in the next week or two. 

It has an auto-save feature for checkpoints. It can be a bit weird, though. You'll kill every enemy, and if you die it won't register any of your last actions as a checkpoint and you'll be sent back way farther than you were at. This is rare, also the game is ridiculously easy even on the hardest setting so you won't be dying too much. 

It's kind of a miracle of a game. I can't believe some of the visuals they got to work on there. It's also a fucking battery murderer. Lowest brightness settings and offline, and the thing still drains my vita's charge like nothing else. Playing online multiplayer is ultimate killer of it as well. 

#1262 mpaullin   Fission Mailed CAGiversary!   4681 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

Finally checked out the Blue Estate demo. I'm definitely surprised at how well the DS4 works with an on rail shooter. Shoot with R2, reload with L2, swipe pad to pick up stuff and hit back throwable stuff. I recommend anyone with the PS4 camera give the demo a download. The actual story or whatever is pretty goofy, borderline annoying. I'm going to try and do some research and see if there is enough content to justify $16.

Edit: Forgot to mention the best feature. Tapping L1 centers the aiming cursor. Super helpful for when aiming gets screwy. Also just read that the whole game relies on the gyroscope, so you don't need a PS4 camera. Give it a shot.

#1263 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

You mean eating cheese and drinking Milwaukee's Best since that's all the city has to offer. Gonna show up to the first game of the season at 350LB and get signed by the Packers.

i doubt he will get like anthony bennet.

#1264 TransistorRadio   can't buy me love CAGiversary!   1520 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

TransistorRadio

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

i doubt he will get like anthony bennet.

I think you mean Anthony Beignet

#1265 Thermopyle  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

10m of gameplay from R&C Collection for Vita, btw: 

#1266 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

if r&c is crossbuy, i'll be psyched.

I wish I could game in my sleep.   I miss having dedicated time to just sit down and play.   Sony, get on it.   Instead I end up reading about games more than actually playing them.  

#1267 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16707 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

having no frame of reference whatsoever, that r&c on vita seems to be shaping up nicely. looks pretty smooth really.

#1268 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Well guys the rest of the Heat team opted out of their contracts.  So either we have to suffer through several more years of the Heat featuring LeBaron or they're all going to Cleveland together.

#1269 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

Edit: Best Buy around here is sold out according to online, but there's a Gamestop about 80 miles away with one. Maybe try there or in-store somewhere?

I've checked store inventory online for several places.  GS in particular didn't have one within a 100 mile radius.  I know the inventory checks aren't always accurate so I'll just have to keep an eye out.

If I see a good deal on cowboom or awd I might just go with that. 

#1270 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Finally checked out the Blue Estate demo. I'm definitely surprised at how well the DS4 works with an on rail shooter. Shoot with R2, reload with L2, swipe pad to pick up stuff and hit back throwable stuff. I recommend anyone with the PS4 camera give the demo a download. The actual story or whatever is pretty goofy, borderline annoying. I'm going to try and do some research and see if there is enough content to justify $16.

Edit: Forgot to mention the best feature. Tapping L1 centers the aiming cursor. Super helpful for when aiming gets screwy. Also just read that the whole game relies on the gyroscope, so you don't need a PS4 camera. Give it a shot.

I really wanna try this, but I don't wanna pay that much for it.  It looks fun as hell to play, and with the small bits of using the ds4 motion controls I've experienced I think it would play really smooth. Didn't even realize there was a demo though, I'll have to try it out for sure.

Well guys the rest of the Heat team opted out of their contracts.  So either we have to suffer through several more years of the Heat featuring LeBaron or they're all going to Cleveland together.

I could live with that. They'd play hell making it happen though. As long as they don't try to come to Charlotte, I'm happy.

I've checked store inventory online for several places.  GS in particular didn't have one within a 100 mile radius.  I know the inventory checks aren't always accurate so I'll just have to keep an eye out.

Probably your best bet would be keep an eye out for it at a store. If awd gets one below retail, I can promise you it won't last much longer than a couple of minutes. The $140-$160 ones were gone in an instant every time.

#1271 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

I could live with that. They'd play hell making it happen though. As long as they don't try to come to Charlotte, I'm happy.

Lucky for you LeBaron wants to be bigger than Jordan, not add to Jordan's legacy.

In other news I need to start a new game tonight.  Haven't started anything up since I finished Wolfenstein a week ago.  Maybe Jak and Daxter?

#1272 SJD  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

What did I miss? Snakey overdosed on his meds due to alcohol? 

#1273 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4708 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Maybe Jak and Daxter?

It's short, easy and pretty fun.

#1274 rpg  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

In other news I need to start a new game tonight.  Haven't started anything up since I finished Wolfenstein a week ago.  Maybe Jak and Daxter?

play Mutant Mudds Deluxe

#1275 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

It's one of those things that I plan to just sort of chip away at over months. There's nothing particularly hard about it, just time consuming.

Have you done any of the races against AI opponents (e.g., Race, Boost Race, Versus) on Hard or Expert? For some reason, while I can complete Expert-difficulty events where it's just me on a track (e.g., Ring Race, Boost Challenge, Drift Challenge, Traffic Attack, Pursuit), I just can't deal with the ultra-aggressive AI on Hard and Expert. :headache:

Is there some character I should stick with for the races? I've used Sonic with various mods to complete pretty much everything up to this point (~170 stars).

#1276 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

Wow I just saw that Colombia goal where he volleyed it from his chest, insane.  If that kid keeps playing like that he's going to steal the golden boot.

It's short, easy and pretty fun.

Yeah I need a change after back to back shooters (Second Son is basically a shooter) and 2.5 times through God of War.  Thinking a platformer like that or some form of RPG maybe.  Need to look at my shelves and download list and consider my options.

Have you done any of the races against AI opponents (e.g., Race, Boost Race, Versus) on Hard or Expert? For some reason, while I can complete Expert-difficulty events where it's just me on a track (e.g., Ring Race, Boost Challenge, Drift Challenge, Traffic Attack, Pursuit), I just can't deal with the ultra-aggressive AI on Hard and Expert.  :headache:

Is there some character I should stick with for the races? I've used Sonic with various mods to complete pretty much everything up to this point (~170 stars).

I put like 25 hours into the PC version when it came out and got most of the way through expert before the people I was playing with lost interest.  The AI is just a pile of cheating whores and it just seems like you have to keep chipping away at it until you get lucky.  Acceleration seems to be the best stat overall and I just used whoever I liked (want to say Gum or Ulala maybe).  I think Tails has a mod where he's got max acceleration and really high other stats.  Don't recall it that well and haven't gotten that far on the Vita version yet since I just do a race or two when I have the Vita on and nothing else is grabbing me.

#1277 rpg  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

Trophy list (PS4)

86396.pngGuacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Child of Light (Vita)

#1278 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

The Fred Meyers near me had a recent sale on the vita bundle, which I only knew about because there was a big sign up saying something like "We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we can not honor this week's sale on the Vita because Sony is temporarily out of stock and unable to supply us with units"... something along those lines.

Total guess here, but I'm wondering if the vita BL bundle sold far better than expected and caught Sony flatfooted.  

I'm sure they'll restock eventually.

And if they don't have a huge Minecraft bundle / pr campaign (at least online) I'll finally be mad at how they're handling the vita in the states.   So far I've given them a pass because, well, handhelds is a hard market and their AAA efforts (killzone, tearaway, etc) haven't been rewarded.

Still my favorite gaming device ever, and the only handheld i've ever liked, let alone loved.  

I take that back... I was insanely good at this (and still have it from my childhood, actually):

Mattel-FootballI.jpg

#1279 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

I either have one of those somewhere or did until recently.

#1280 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36997 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

Whoa, how come no one told me Child of Light doesn't have a plat?!

#1281 cargo555   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

cargo555

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

Sony, get on it.   Instead I end up reading about games more than actually playing them.  

lol this place ought to be called cheapasscollector.com

honestly wat are people's backlog of games up to now?  especially PSN plus subscribers and their "free" games

Oh, first world problems!

#1282 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Total guess here, but I'm wondering if the vita BL bundle sold far better than expected and caught Sony flatfooted.  

That's the impression I'm getting from what I've read.

Still my favorite gaming device ever, and the only handheld i've ever liked, let alone loved.  

I take that back... I was insanely good at this (and still have it from my childhood, actually):

Mattel-FootballI.jpg

My first...

Sears-ElectronicBaseballSide.jpg

#1283 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:50 AM

OK my list of what game to start next is the following:

Jak and Daxter

Disgaea 3

Sly Cooper 4

Terraria

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together

MLB 14

Machinarium
Mutant Blobs Attack
Dokuro
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time
Class of Heroes

Probably a couple other options I'm overlooking.

#1284 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Jak and Daxter

Disgaea 3 

Sly Cooper 4

Terraria

MLB 14

Machinarium
Mutant Blobs Attack
Dokuro
Class of Heroes

Disgaea 3.

#1285 rpg  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

Jak and Daxter

Disgaea 3

Sly Cooper 4

Terraria

MLB 14

Machinarium (2)
Mutant Blobs Attack (1)
Dokuro
Class of Heroes

short games

#1286 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68505 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

Mutant Blobs Attack would be the quickest while Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper are easy platinums.

#1287 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Mutant Blobs; it's short and awesome.

#1288 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

short games

I don't care about quick, just next game to play and want something different.

Not like I'm ever getting through my backlog, ever.

#1289 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

anyone play xblaze code and have opinions? good story? cant find a single review x.x

#1290 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Settled on Jak and Daxter which I already regret. I played it back in PS2 but don't really remember it all that clearly but this vita port definitely doesn't do it justice.