Killer is Dead (PS3/360) $14.99 New @ GameStop

Kinda pissed that I bought it at $20 since it was a gutted copy and it still hasn't been played. It was a first run copy though!
Was probably worth the extra $5 to get a first run copy before they sold out. It's a solid special edition. Especially worth it for the soundtrack if you're an Akira Yamaoka fan.

Any major differences b/t the 2 versions gameplay/graphics wise? If anyone's played both, fill me in on the preferred one. 

Thanks OP. 

FYI These are still the first run copies with the oversized box & goodies. Unlike that Wii RPG they published with art book, this game didn't sell well enough to warrant a 2nd vanilla print run.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get the bonuses. Gamestop guts games all the time. Yes, you can get gutted games from gamestop.com, though it's not the norm.

Kinda pissed that I bought it at $20 since it was a gutted copy and it still hasn't been played. It was a first run copy though!
I hear ya. My gutted copy had Gamestop stickers stuck on the cardboard portion of the collector's edition. Xseed Games online store appears to still have copies. $5 with the more than likeliness of getting a sealed copy.

I have the artbook and bonus cd if anybody wants them in really great condition. Just send me a message

There are no other editions b/c it didn't sell. Any new copy if this game is going to come in an oversized box with art book, soundtrack, etc.

There are no other editions b/c it didn't sell. Any new copy if this game is going to come in an oversized box with art book, soundtrack, etc.
This, I ordered off one from Amazon recently, it was the limited edition. And yeah it never got a 2nd print.

Thanks OP. Actually scored a "rare" sealed new copy today😜
Same here. They had a gutted 360 copy on the floor, but I managed to nab a sealed PS3 copy from behind the counter.

For $15 this is a very nice collectable. I opened mine up to redeem the online pass though, you never know when those will get yanked from PSN/XBL.

Glad I started playing this when I bought it at $20.  Hate seeing stuff drop in price while it's still sealed on my shelf.  Playing through all the difficulties has been fun, but man that "Reckless Riding" sub-mission is just impossible to get a AAA rank....

Any major differences b/t the 2 versions gameplay/graphics wise? If anyone's played both, fill me in on the preferred one.

Thanks OP.
I don't know but I hate the 360 controls, don't know how you guys play action/hack and slash games with that bulky thing

Thanks OP! I lucked out and scored a preowned copy that was complete with everything and a valid online pass for $9.35 after the birthday coupon. Now I have another collector's edition to sit on the shelf and keep the rest of my ever growing backlog company. 

I doubt it, but you could call and ask. Things do get de-listed from the website a bit.
Grabbed a copy with the box opened but game sealed going to crack it open and redeem the code.
Thanks
I'm going tonight to pick up a points card for Shovel Knight. I'll report back.

Xseed store has the ps3 limited edition back in stock for 19.99 with free shipping if anyone's interested. I doubt their new copies are gutted.

You guys are certain that the limited edition version of this game is the only version that exists, right?
From what I have been reading it seems that way. Amazon only shows one version. When I called GameStop it was their last copy. The only way i could see you not getting an LE is if you walk into GameStop and only the game was traded in without the extra content.

I think this is the lowest the limited edition is gonna get. I got one at my local gamestop, got lucky and it was in mint/sealed condition.

Just snag a sealed limited copy from my gamestop. No gutted copy on the shelf, so for a sec I thought then sold out. thanks OP

I investigated this a while ago. Both versions seem to have the same amount of copious screen tear, and the only difference seems to be the PS3's mandatory ~4 gig install.
Played it recently on the PS3 when I picked it up for $17.00 I didn't notice any screen tearing at all. However that's only my personal experience with the game and other's could have a completely different experience. Great deal for those hoping to play the game or get the LE. The graphics and the combat is pretty much the games only saving grace, that and the music. I won't pretend that I didn't have fun with the Piano staircase though. But I did enjoy the jokes that they made towards it being a game. The way they also revive Mondo in the game is also a plus. At first, I thought it would be overpowered/overused but turns out I was wrong.

When I played, my only complaints were the lack of enemy variation until halfway through the game and the 'Episodes' in the game not being interconnected until you get almost to the end of the game. I can also tell that they spent a lot more time on the Gigolo missions than the story. I expected a weird story and premise because it's Suda51 but even No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise made more sense. When people end up playing, expect Mondo to overuse his catchphrase. There's also some repetition when it comes to those same Gigolo missions since you have to keep doing them until you get a cut scene with that special lady friend.

bread's done
Back