Nintendo Wii U is 249.99 at Meijer (possibly YMMV)

ibelongtohalo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just browsing the local Meijer and I see that the Wii U is 249.99. Sale sticker specifically mentions the black version, though this store still has a couple of Zelda bundles. I also realize some people have gotten it cheaper, but in case anyone is interested, not a bad price new.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo cuts price to $249 after the Mario Kart free game promo ends July 31. They're making a profit off the system now but we don't know how much and I doubt they want to sell it for a loss again. Though maybe they will use those $12-$20 Amiibo figures to offset Wii U losses? Kinda like how Xbox Live Gold/PS+ can offset PS/Xbox hardware losses a bit?

I wouldn't be shocked if by August or September we get a $249.99 32GB Wii U with Super Mario 3D World bundled in though I think $199 would be the sweet spot for the console in terms of getting more attention from consumers.

I wasn't aware that they were making profit on the system now. That is a good thing. You might be right as far as a potential price drop soon. I know that overall that system hasn't sold well. Mario Kart is at least helping with that a bit. I initially thought this was a nationwide price drop, but I checked Amazon and they haven't dropped their price. I figure if anything, 250 is a good price for the Zelda bundle, though I can't confirm if that is 250 also.

I believe 199.99 is the sweet spot for the success of Wii U. Even at a small term loss, Nintendo would really make headway into 2015 as a strong 2nd or 3rd choice for people. I hope they make a bundle with the new Wii U sports, can you imagine a Wii U Sports bundle at $199.99?! It could be the Wii all over again for the new generation.

Has anyone actually had someone confirm this besides OP?  I called mine and they just listed the MSRP prices with no mention of a sale.  I can't really be bothered to drive to mine just to check though

If anyone wants to get the zelda bundle. I will trade you my wii u pad which is great working condition. I barely used the touch screen at all.

I'll trade my lame wii u tablet for the zelda one and give you another $20 to boot and pay shipping.

Target doesn't happen to do this do they? >_> I have some credit towards them that would make this a solid buy.
Target, I believe, does price match but I don't know if they will price match Meijer. Worst case scenario give it a try. Unfortunately, I want to say the sale is in store only and doesn't appear to be in any ad. Not sure if just showing a pic of the in store tag will work.

You have to sign up for their Mperks. It's free. Then just clip the digital coupon.
Thank you. I was already planning to get the system. To be able to get an extra 20 bucks off is just icing on the cake. Looks like I will be picking up my Wii U later today. Tough to beat 70 bucks off.

Can I show this picture to my local Meijer for it to work?  I called again today and they mentioned nothing about a sale sign.  Regardless if I show them this deal from an actual Meijer I'm hoping that'd work.  I just really want to stack with the summer buck deal too.

Can I show this picture to my local Meijer for it to work? I called again today and they mentioned nothing about a sale sign. Regardless if I show them this deal from an actual Meijer I'm hoping that'd work. I just really want to stack with the summer buck deal too.
Meijer does not price match. I seriously doubt they will do it, if they don't have the price in-store. I would make them scan the item, though.

Can I show this picture to my local Meijer for it to work? I called again today and they mentioned nothing about a sale sign. Regardless if I show them this deal from an actual Meijer I'm hoping that'd work. I just really want to stack with the summer buck deal too.
I honestly don't know. Many times when I see a sale posted on here that is from Meijer, it seems to have YMMV in the title of the thread, which is why I put it in the title of this thread. There is nothing in the tag that says it is only for the store I was in, so I honestly can't see why you couldn't match it at your store. Hell, your store might have the sale tag there, they just might not know about it. I was just shopping there and happened to see it. Good luck.

Ya when I called I asked if he saw any sale signs anywhere and was apparently able to check within 1/2 seconds sooo....

But also he was thinking that maybe it was an online only deal.  So I looked online and realized Meijer doesn't sell items online.  Needless to say I'll go and check for myself, ask them to scan just in case and see.  Otherwise OP is still the only person to have this deal apparently lol.

Ya when I called I asked if he saw any sale signs anywhere and was apparently able to check within 1/2 seconds sooo....

But also he was thinking that maybe it was an online only deal. So I looked online and realized Meijer doesn't sell items online. Needless to say I'll go and check for myself, ask them to scan just in case and see. Otherwise OP is still the only person to have this deal apparently lol.
Yeah, that's weird. They did sell online and actually had store pickup and suddenly stopped. Now, they are promising a new website in the fall. Definitely scan the item. Meijer is a bit of a mess sometimes and I wouldn't trust the shelf tags to be correct.

Alright, just left the store. I am not sure which version is supposed to be on sale. They rang up the Mario bundle, which was the only one they had aside for the Zelda bundle, and it rang up 299.99. Something about the UPC not matching the Mario Bundle. Supposedly, they had one in stock with the right UPC, but I guess they didn't find it since they said would sell me the Mario Bundle. Because they would have to enter the discount manually, I managed to get my hands on the Zelda bundle for 250 plus 20 bucks off with Mperks. The only other bundle I know of is the Nintendoland bundle. I'm really sorry if this ends up being extremely YMMV. I really thought this would be at all their locations. For those in the Chicagoland area, I bought it at the Melrose Park location.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Mario nor the Zelda rang at $249.99?  I'm assuming it was indeed the Nintendoland bundle then, which would make sense, since it's the old launch bundle.

So the Mario nor the Zelda rang at $249.99? I'm assuming it was indeed the Nintendoland bundle then, which would make sense, since it's the old launch bundle.
The thing about it is that I shop at that store fairly regularly, and I can't recall when was the last time they even had the Nintendoland bundle. I would say for sure that they have only had the Zelda and Mario bundles for at least the last couple of months if not longer. This sale started on the 23rd, which was this past Monday I believe.

Stopped by the local meijer while out.  No tags, no original black deluxes.  I tried to talk to the kids working the section, but it wasn't going anywhere.

As someone else already mentioned, the Zelda Wii U and Mario U bundle each ring up at $299.99. This can only be for the Nintendoland bundle.

I suppose one could get lucky with a YMMV visit to Best Buy and have them price match with just the picture of the shelf tag for the Mario Wii U bundle.

I might try to price match this way later today or tomorrow. If not, I'll try to price match the $275 Target sale.

bread's done
Back