Problem with buyer who bought my new Wii

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I sold my Brand new wii on ebay and shipped it out as a parcel select speed. I dropped it off on Monday the 16th. There was no tracking available till Thursday. He messaged me about saying I was lying to him about the item dropped on Monday which it showed as Thursday. Then he said.... hes gonna inspect the Wii and make sure its brand new and not used at all. Saying hes a gamer for over 30 years. He can tell if its used.

Skipping to the point.... the item delivered this past Monday. He messaged me today saying the Wii is indeed brand new and system should work. Now he said the box is damaged. He said either he ship it back to me for a full refund or give him $40.

I mean c'mon... $40 for a damaged box? he said hes giving it as a bday gift next week. I just told him to send me the pics of the box. he seems to be a reseller cause of his ID and his feedback is blocked (private).

Whats the best way to deal with this guy? Any advice? Thanks.

I sold my Brand new wii on ebay and shipped it out as a parcel select speed. I dropped it off on Monday the 16th. There was no tracking available till Thursday. He messaged me about saying I was lying to him about the item dropped on Monday which it showed as Thursday. Then he said.... hes gonna inspect the Wii and make sure its brand new and not used at all. Saying hes a gamer for over 30 years. He can tell if its used.

Skipping to the point.... the item delivered this past Monday. He messaged me today saying the Wii is indeed brand new and system should work. Now he said the box is damaged. He said either he ship it back to me for a full refund or give him $40.

I mean c'mon... $40 for a damaged box? he said hes giving it as a bday gift next week. I just told him to send me the pics of the box. he seems to be a reseller cause of his ID and his feedback is blocked (private).

Whats the best way to deal with this guy? Any advice? Thanks.
report his threat to ebay. he's just trying to extort you for a $40 refund.

He said he his camera broke and his camera phone sucks. 3 mp camera phone. He wants to ship me the empty wii box to let me look at it and then ship it back to him. He wants $40 due to time and money lost shipping it back. This guy is ridiculous

The guy is lieing. Since buyers have the upper hand I would reply to him saying not to open it & That you can give a refund but it will not cover shipping.
If you don't say/give the option of some sort of refund usually ebay takes that as a strike towards you.
You can tell him the 3mp cell picture is fine. But if the item is returned opened only a partial refund will be available.
Always offer some sort of refund option cause if you don't ebay gets mad at the seller. My advice.
But yea he is scamming you. If its for a present why the f would he open the box & make it look worse. also im assuming he wants the box shipped back? Plus all the time delay, doesn't add up.

Tell him very nicely you're sorry he isn't happy with his purchase. Tell him that since the item was new/sealed you'll offer a full refund upon return if he sends it back to you in the same state (i.e. new/sealed).

If it is opened and his only complaint is the "box has damage/wear" then tell him he will only receive a partial refund upon return (this is a bluff as eBay would most likely require you issue a full refund upon return UNLESS items are missing).

Do not bother with having him ship an empty box back to you to "inspect" and do not negatively engage him (meaning calling him a scammer or liar).

I could sympathize with him if he was a collector that for whatever reason wanted a new/sealed Wii for his collection or to display but if he's going to open it to play and use (it appears that is what he's doing correct?) then damage to the box certainly is not worth a $40.

Has he opened a case? It's possible if he hasn't or isn't willing to that due to habitual bad behavior eBay has revoked his buyer protection and if that is true his only play would to be threaten negative feedback or low DSR scores and if even hints at that you can have then removed/scrubbed by eBay which is very important to do with the new "defect" standards for sellers.

Tell him very nicely you're sorry he isn't happy with his purchase. Tell him that since the item was new/sealed you'll offer a full refund upon return if he sends it back to you in the same state (i.e. new/sealed).

If it is opened and his only complaint is the "box has damage/wear" then tell him he will only receive a partial refund upon return (this is a bluff as eBay would most likely require you issue a full refund upon return UNLESS items are missing).

Do not bother with having him ship an empty box back to you to "inspect" and do not negatively engage him (meaning calling him a scammer or liar).

I could sympathize with him if he was a collector that for whatever reason wanted a new/sealed Wii for his collection or to display but if he's going to open it to play and use (it appears that is what he's doing correct?) then damage to the box certainly is not worth a $40.

Has he opened a case? It's possible if he hasn't or isn't willing to that due to habitual bad behavior eBay has revoked his buyer protection and if that is true his only play would to be threaten negative feedback or low DSR scores and if even hints at that you can have then removed/scrubbed by eBay which is very important to do with the new "defect" standards for sellers.
There is no seal on the Wii box. Not even on the Wii U. He opened up and inspected that its brand new. He hasnt open a case yet. Hopefully not. He said hes giving as a bday gift for next week. Then he said he wanna ship the box to me to look at it and ship it back to him. It just doesnt make sense. Many ppl dont keep boxes. It's just a damn box.

There is no seal on the Wii box. Not even on the Wii U. He opened up and inspected that its brand new. He hasnt open a case yet. Hopefully not. He said hes giving as a bday gift for next week. Then he said he wanna ship the box to me to look at it and ship it back to him. It just doesnt make sense. Many ppl dont keep boxes. It's just a damn box.
So if he shipped the box to you and then had you look at it to ship it back, how is he going to give it as a bday gift? The fact that he bitched about the tracking already when everyone who has ever shipped anything knows sometimes it takes a few days, as well as hinting that it might not be new and he was going to inspect before he even received it should tell you this guy was just looking for something, anything really, to bitch about to get a discount. fuck him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes what I called a Perfectionist.  The type that finds every nook and cranny to find a imperfection then bitch about it if that person sees one.  Whether hes lying or not is up for debate. 

Anyways, as a Ebay seller myself, I havent encountered your type of situation yet.  But what I would do is either make the person Send me pictures of said imperfections (He could do it on purpose and make it look like it came like that) OR make him resend the item back to you and refund that person the full amount of whats originally paid.  

Alot less stress, anger and just get it over with quickly.  We both know Ebay sides with the buyer side 99% of the time so you can't win the argument.  The only thing Ebay will help the seller is if you got proof the item did indeed reached its destination (or signed directly from the sign person), but that only works if the buyer claims the item never got into there hands.    Good luck man, Even Im not sure what to do in this type of situation, Please let us know what your decision will be just in case I get into this jam myself....

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to give him a small refund. If he accepts that, he should better send me some pics before I give him the partial refund. This guy is trouble. Just watch out for him. Dont buy stuff from him nor sell to him.

Did you ship it USPS?  Tell him that it must have been damaged in shipping and that you need a picture to file a claim with the USPS.   The USPS doesn't fuck around if he's committing mail fraud so hopefully he's not stupid enough to try to rip off the USPS.

Don't give in to these scammers. fuck em.  Don't even reply.  Just contact ebay customer service and tell them you feel you're being extorted for feedback and scammed.

Did you ship it USPS? Tell him that it must have been damaged in shipping and that you need a picture to file a claim with the USPS. The USPS doesn't fuck around if he's committing mail fraud so hopefully he's not stupid enough to try to rip off the USPS.

Don't give in to these scammers. fuck em. Don't even reply. Just contact ebay customer service and tell them you feel you're being extorted for feedback and scammed.
Merica

When you do a "report buyer" and open up a case, can ebay see your messages sending back and forth from the buyer and seller?

So this guy said either give him $40 for him to keep the system or give him a prepaid shipping label to ship the item back to me and give him the full refund. So far, hes not providing any pics. He said hes telling the truth and the camera phone pics keeps coming out blurry.

He said hes saving up money and starting to sell stuff to get a camera. And he never sell anything on ebay.

He got over 250 ratings. It was like 230 last week. I can only see the amount of feedback under the SOLD page. If i click his profile, it shows private.

I msged back to him saying its fine for camera phone pics. Then I can decide how much i give for refund. I told him $40 is ridiculous for a damaged box. I also said I dont want to go through ebay and I want to be fair for u. I just want to give him a reasonable refund. So if he still refuses for the pics... i guess i have to open up a case and choose "report to buyer" then "Buyer made unreasonable demands"?

This guy still didnt provide any pics and he gave me a negative feedback saying I refused to help him. He also opened a case on me. I have "report to buyer" now and see how it goes.

his mistake was trying to extort $40 out of you. 

If he had just filed a report and claimed it was damaged, then ebay would absolutely find for him because ebay sucks balls.  But now you have a history of him trying to scam you.

This is why when you run into a situation such as this you ALWAYS make the first move, and contact eBay in regard to this issue.

I always contact eBay ahead of time, and let them know of the issue I am having with a buyer, and talk out all the details ahead of time with their reps.  When the buyer does eventually cause problems, and opens a report eBay already has a full file on hand of all the pm's and information I have provided to them I've done everything required of me on my end.

The issue has always been resolved in my favor, so I have learned to always act first once it appears the buyer may be trying to pull something shady on you.

At worst you'll be force to give him a refund, but eBay will also require the buyer to pay for the shipping back, and you won't be out the shipping and having to refund him too.

I mean really, it's 2014, he's buying a Wii on eBay, his name is fulldisclosureseller13, yet he doesn't have any means to gain access to a functioning camera?

Just send him a pic of a door, and tell him to get out.

I find it humorous that his name is fulldisclosureseller13, yet his feedback is private.  So much for full disclosure....

I think they can.

This is when using eBay's Hassle Free Returns.

If you suspect that a buyer is abusing eBay hassle-free returns for a specific transaction, contact the buyer through Messages in My eBay in order to keep a record of the conversation, and try to resolve the issue. If you still suspect buyer abuse, report the buyer to us. In the Returns section of My eBay, find the item and select Report a buyer from the Action drop-down menu.

In instances like this, a buyer may escalate the issue to Customer Support. Customer Support reviews and considers your communications with the buyer, as well as the information you provide in the report. If we determine a buyer has abused eBay hassle-free returns or the eBay Money Back Guarantee, you may be protected from any negative Feedback left by the buyer. The buyer may also be subject to a range of actions, including limits on buying and selling privileges and account suspension.
Also, at the bottom of every message there is a reference ID. When reporting give them this reference for the specific message(s) you want them to review.

Hope that helps.

I think they can.

This is when using eBay's Hassle Free Returns.

Also, at the bottom of every message there is a reference ID. When reporting give them this reference for the specific message(s) you want them to review.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot. I hope I can win this case. I want to get this over with and get rid of my negative feedback. I already respond to the case about the issue and I can offer him $15 instead of that ridiculous $40. He never bother sending me pics of the damages and I hope ebay sees the messages and side with me. I'm nice enough to give him $15. I really dont want to have the Wii back and resell it. Too much hassle especially when the box is already damaged and lost value.

Well, the guy accepted my $15 offer. Case closed. Nothing else happened. I also did another Report buyer on my negative feedback. Hopefully they can remove that. Also, did a insurance claim.

bread's done
Back