-Akai Katana Shin
-Bullet Soul (Region Free)
-Caladrius
-DeathSmiles
-DeathSmiles II X
-Dodonpachi (3): DaiOuJou - Black Label Extra
-Dodonpachi (4): DaiFukkatsu Version 1.5
-Dodonpachi (4): DaiFukkatsu - Black Label
-Dodonpachi (5): SaiDaiOuJou (Region Free)
-Eschatos (Region Free)
-Ginga Force (Region Free)
-EspGaluda II - Black Label (Region Free)
-Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra
-Mamoru-Kun
-Muchi Muchi Pork! / (Ibara II): Pink Sweets (Region Free)
-Mushihimesama HD
-Mushihimesama (2): Futari Version 1.5 (Region Free)
-Otomedius: Gorgeous
-Otomedius (2): Excellent
-Radirgy NOA Massive
-Raiden Fighters Aces
-Raiden IV
-Shikigami No Shiro III
-Shooting 200X (TriZeal/ExZeal)
-Shooting 10th Anniversary (XIIZeal/DeltaZeal) (Region Free)
-Under Defeat HD

Last edited by a moderator:
OMGERD! They made it region free? It was reportedly locked pre-release. I'm so in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know Caladrius was region free either so I'm going to snag that as well. Never heard of Radirgy so I'll be picking that up too. Have all the rest already (save for Deathsmiles IIX - waiting for an Xbox Marketplace discount that'll never happen...).

Now if we could see a similar sale on J-Stars I'd be all set for imports for a while. :D

Got this list from Rackyboy.com:

Japanese Version Shooters:
-Akai Katana Shin
-Bullet Soul (Region Free)
-Caladrius
-DeathSmiles
-DeathSmiles II X
-Dodonpachi (3): DaiOuJou - Black Label Extra
-Dodonpachi (4): DaiFukkatsu Version 1.5
-Dodonpachi (4): DaiFukkatsu - Black Label
-Dodonpachi (5): SaiDaiOuJou (Region Free)
-Eschatos (Region Free)
-Ginga Force (Region Free)
-EspGaluda II - Black Label (Region Free)
-Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra
-Mamoru-Kun
-Muchi Muchi Pork! / (Ibara II): Pink Sweets (Region Free)
-Mushihimesama HD
-Mushihimesama (2): Futari Version 1.5 (Region Free)
-Otomedius: Gorgeous
-Otomedius (2): Excellent
-Radirgy NOA Massive
-Raiden Fighters Aces
-Raiden IV
-Shikigami No Shiro III
-Shooting 200X (TriZeal/ExZeal)
-Shooting 10th Anniversary (XIIZeal/DeltaZeal) (Region Free)
-Under Defeat HD

Well, shit. Guess I have to buy this.

Didn't know Caladrius was region free either so I'm going to snag that as well. Never heard of Radirgy so I'll be picking that up too. Have all the rest already (save for Deathsmiles IIX - waiting for an Xbox Marketplace discount that'll never happen...).

Now if we could see a similar sale on J-Stars I'd be all set for imports for a while. :D
If I remember correctly, Caladrius is being ported to PS3 with extras. You may want to hold out on that one to see how it compares to the 360 version of the game.

Thanks OP, I am in for 1. My 360 shmups collection continues to grow. Just have a few more to go to complete my collection should this be the last one (which I doubt it will be)

[quote name="shivan128" post="11875818" timestamp="1403838114"]If I remember correctly, Caladrius is being ported to PS3 with extras. You may want to hold out on that one to see how it compares to the 360 version of the game.[/quote]
Cool! I'll check it out. If so I'll wait and probably buy both anyway. Not enough shmups on any platform imo.

I think you need to go back and read that list carefully as Caladrius and Radirgy aren't region free. The games with "region free" next to the title are the games that aren't region locked.

If you need info on shmups you need to head over to shmups.system11.org as the forum has a wealth of info.

Dang. Didn't think this was going to see a sale, especially so quickly. Pre-ordered it and still waiting for it to clear customs.

OMG

There are still people claims

" US version does not run outside US "

" Must set console to Japan locale to play NTSC-J "

" I don't wanna mod it ! "

Lol

they don't fully understand what region, region lock and region free means at all

Is it that hard ?

I think you need to go back and read that list carefully as Caladrius and Radirgy aren't region free. The games with "region free" next to the title are the games that aren't region locked.

If you need info on shmups you need to head over to shmups.system11.org as the forum has a wealth of info.
Looks like you may be right. Since someone had requested a list of the region free shmups I had made the assumption that it was a region free list and the titles that say 'region free' after them was moronic redundancy. Considering I have some titles on the list that don't say region free, I assumed the whole list was good to go. I see that the list is Japanese releases only which would explain why a few titles that I own but purchased from other regions are indeed playable on a U.S. console. I'm still looking to get Ketsui on the cheap but that's the region free PS3 version (as far as I knew the 360 version was region locked). Pretty useless list for me. I own every single game that says 'region free', either they need to start releasing more region free games or I am going to have to bite the bullet (wakka wakka!) and buy a Japanese 360.

Looks like you may be right. Since someone had requested a list of the region free shmups I had made the assumption that it was a region free list and the titles that say 'region free' after them was moronic redundancy. Considering I have some titles on the list that don't say region free, I assumed the whole list was good to go. I see that the list is Japanese releases only which would explain why a few titles that I own but purchased from other regions are indeed playable on a U.S. console. I'm still looking to get Ketsui on the cheap but that's the region free PS3 version (as far as I knew the 360 version was region locked). Pretty useless list for me. I own every single game that says 'region free', either they need to start releasing more region free games or I am going to have to bite the bullet (wakka wakka!) and buy a Japanese 360.
If you lurk in the shmups forum, you may be able to find others selling a console on the cheap, at least not have to import the console from Japan.

Off topic, does anyone have a play asia coupon they would be willing to part with? Please PM if you do. Thanks in advance!

Anyone have an opinion on this game?
It is quite fun. The music is terrific (there are also remixed tracks from the previous games in the series). Difficulty is what you make of it and what level you select. It's more friendly for those who are not familiar in the genre because of the the level settings. Controls are tight, visuals are bright. I'd recommend it at that price.

I got the game today in the mail. 

Just wanted to confirm that the game works great on a US Xbox 360 and is translated to English.

If you don't mind some moe you'll have a blast.
3599.jpg

Anyone get their game yet?  Mine "shipped" on July 3rd, but it's now closing in on 3 weeks.  I've seen in the niche thread that people are not getting their games from Play-Asia (FFX games) and this is worrisome.  Paypal gives 45 days, so I'm wondering how long before I start to initiate a refund on goods not delivered.  I've never had an issue with PA before and usually comes between 1 and 2 weeks time, but it's beyond that window now.

Anyone get their game yet? Mine "shipped" on July 3rd, but it's now closing in on 3 weeks. I've seen in the niche thread that people are not getting their games from Play-Asia (FFX games) and this is worrisome. Paypal gives 45 days, so I'm wondering how long before I start to initiate a refund on goods not delivered. I've never had an issue with PA before and usually comes between 1 and 2 weeks time, but it's beyond that window now.
I got mine same day as one of the above posters a few days ago. Haven't cracked it open just yet. I tend to save shmups for lonely Saturday nights when I've been drinking. For some reason shmups are just way better when I've had a few. If this one is anything like the one I downloaded off one of the international marketplaces (it was either Japan or Hong Kong I forget which-I think Japan cause I wanted to be sure the DLC that I forgot to buy when I could get free region free MSPs from Bing were on would be compatible) a while back we are all in for a treat.

I got mine same day as one of the above posters a few days ago. Haven't cracked it open just yet. I tend to save shmups for lonely Saturday nights when I've been drinking. For some reason shmups are just way better when I've had a few. If this one is anything like the one I downloaded off one of the international marketplaces (it was either Japan or Hong Kong I forget which-I think Japan cause I wanted to be sure the DLC that I forgot to buy when I could get free region free MSPs from Bing were on would be compatible) a while back we are all in for a treat.
Yes, I remember the good ol' bing days. I bought a bunch of indie games with those $5 vouchers. I should have used them for the HK region stuff like you. Ah well. Thanks for the update, hopefully mine gets here by the end of the week.

bread's done
Back