* * * * * 22 votes

Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

#18511 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:05 AM

sack of gems for 1000 gems going for $0.70 currently.  If buying to craft booster packs, way too pricey as can buy most boosters for under half.

#18512 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24825 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

It took me 2.1 hours, but Gone Home is in the books here in my 1st run-through. Might go give it another some-time, to check out the Commentary - especially since it's so short for an actual game.

So, I really love the 90's atmosphere; the house + its ton of details. I felt like I took a trip back to the mid-90's and got lost into a time-wrap of some kind. Everything is pretty much not nailed down here. So - it can be picked up, locked at, examined, and moved around.

And the way the story unfolds, is just great - whether by narration, from through the actual objects themselves, finding certain areas, solving some puzzles, or whatever the case might be. You basically return to an empty house and you're to find out where everyone is + why you're actually there. I won't go much further than that, as that could actually ruin the experience itself.

Do yourself a favor: don't spent full price on this. I certainly didn't. It's a very, very short game. B/c it is so short - that could be a worthwhile reason to replay it, in case you missed something in the game, want to check the Commentary out, to know the game inside + out, want to re-explore the game, or whatever the case might be.

Compared to most games on the market - Gone Home is a very different + interesting adventure game focused on exploration, loaded with a unique + ordinary 1990's atmosphere for a game that will make people that were alive in the 90's - especially those who were teens or children - relate to very easily. It will feel like you've....Gone Home, naturally. With the way the story unfolds and the way it's presented to the player - this is a trip definitely worth taking, if you don't spend the farm on such a short game.

But, oh - what a grand, short little game this is!

#18513 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4092 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

It's a possibility, yes. But it would probably cause the economy to implode again depending on how many gems it would give; Imagine people mass-crafting badge sets and getting 1000 gems for it, it would be crazy.

Maybe 1000 per holiday badge crafted. That way holiday card prices will rise again.

#18514 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1729 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

sack of gems for 1000 gems going for $0.70 currently.  If buying to craft booster packs, way too pricey as can buy most boosters for under half.

mwuaha, awesome

So bought a couple hundred crappy emoticons at 3cents a piece, turned 1/3 in to gems giving me ~15k gems. After the market on emoticons shot up sold off my left overs for double the price, now turn around sell all the crafted gems off. Thanks steam for making me 10$ out of thin air

#18515 djbooba   Superficial Hitman CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:56 AM

I hope wishlists are ready to go again this year. While generous last year, this year I'm feeling even more so.

#18516 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:05 AM

I just sacked up 2000 gems and sold them. The price will fall again, when it bottoms out I'll buy more and then make boosters.

#18517 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:07 AM

I hope wishlists are ready to go again this year. While generous last year, this year I'm feeling even more so.

Does Steam sell tebow muzzles? I'd like to wishlist that.

#18518 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

Gems will bottom after auction is over.

#18519 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1729 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

I would think eventually they are going to find parity with booster costs since thats all 1000 gems are.  So eventually will get down to ~30cents/1000gems. I dont think it will take too long for that to happen though. Most of this crazy crap steam does with their market the average steam user really has no idea or interest in. None of my other gaming friends have any clue about the whole card market or any of this stuff going on

They are aware cards exist and they have gotten a few but dont know why and most dont even know they can sell them, they just think they are worthless trinkets sitting in their inventory

#18520 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

I would think eventually they are going to find parity with booster costs since thats all 1000 gems are.  So eventually will get down to ~30cents/1000gems. I dont think it will take too long for that to happen though. Most of this crazy crap steam does with their market the average steam user really has no idea or interest in. None of my other gaming friends have any clue about the whole card market or any of this stuff going on

They are aware cards exist and they have gotten a few but dont know why and most dont even know they can sell them, they just think they are worthless trinkets sitting in their inventory

This is true

#18521 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:57 AM

Do you have Iggy's album Reclassified yet?

It's $1.99 cents on XBox Music  for download - if you install the Music Deals app on Win 8.

God damn it, D.

God damn it.

#18522 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

TEBOW: FOR THE LOVE OF Fuck PLEASE STOP Fuck ING INVITING ME TO YOUR Fuck ING BARBIE STEAM GROUP BULLSHIT!

Sorry for the interruption.

#18523 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:05 AM

TEBOW: FOR THE LOVE OF Fuck PLEASE STOP Fuck ING INVITING ME TO YOUR Fuck ING BARBIE STEAM GROUP BULLSHIT!

tebows gonna tebow shrug.gif

#18524 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

tebows gonna tebow shrug.gif

That may be the case, however, even though I try not to be an asshole, I'm going to unfriend Tebow, even though it means nothing to me, I feel like it does to him, if he doesn't stop sending me these invites and I know he'll see it posted here.

Edit: Structurally, I think the above sentence is missing a few "but"s, "therefore"s and a "however" or two, but I'm sure no one cares and I'm already one toke over the line. Thank you, Colorado, and good night.

#18525 spoderman  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

No shit. If you think that's bad, he used to invite me to his chat room daily. He doesn't do it as much now, but he still invites me.. and I've told him countless times I don't like chat rooms.

#18526 cyrus386  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

It took me 2.1 hours, but Gone Home is in the books here in my 1st run-through. Might go give it another some-time, to check out the Commentary - especially since it's so short for an actual game.

So, I really love the 90's atmosphere; the house + its ton of details. I felt like I took a trip back to the mid-90's and got lost into a time-wrap of some kind. Everything is pretty much not nailed down here. So - it can be picked up, locked at, examined, and moved around.

And the way the story unfolds, is just great - whether by narration, from through the actual objects themselves, finding certain areas, solving some puzzles, or whatever the case might be. You basically return to an empty house and you're to find out where everyone is + why you're actually there. I won't go much further than that, as that could actually ruin the experience itself.

Do yourself a favor: don't spent full price on this. I certainly didn't. It's a very, very short game. B/c it is so short - that could be a worthwhile reason to replay it, in case you missed something in the game, want to check the Commentary out, to know the game inside + out, want to re-explore the game, or whatever the case might be.

Compared to most games on the market - Gone Home is a very different + interesting adventure game focused on exploration, loaded with a unique + ordinary 1990's atmosphere for a game that will make people that were alive in the 90's - especially those who were teens or children - relate to very easily. It will feel like you've....Gone Home, naturally. With the way the story unfolds and the way it's presented to the player - this is a trip definitely worth taking, if you don't spend the farm on such a short game.

But, oh - what a grand, short little game this is!

Thanks for the review D, bumped it up in the backlog to "might actually play some day."  Any game I can finish in under a few hours automatically goes on my radar these days.

#18527 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5142 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

No shit. If you think that's bad, he used to invite me to his chat room daily. He doesn't do it as much now, but he still invites me.. and I've told him countless times I don't like chat rooms.

was it just you and him.. alone in that room? What else did he do to you?  :-

#18528 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

was it just you and him.. alone in that room? What else did he do to you?  :-

On this week's episode of Touched By a Tebow, Spoder narrowly escapes the grasps of a relentless predator

#18529 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

On this week's episode of Touched By a Tebow, Spoder narrowly escapes the grasps of a relentless predator

I'm sure it was a fairly innocent incident. Maybe some fondling. Definitely a spanking. Cuddling and spooning until sleepy times.

#18530 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

I find like 99% of my deals in Tebow chat.

#18531 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5707 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

It does seem to be the hot-bed for unspoken deals, doesn't it?

#18532 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6463 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

Been avoiding Tebow chat for the last week or so... Feels good man.

#18533 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5414 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

The biggest problem with tebow chat isn't the invites, (which are annoying sometimes, but less so than the various group announcements,) it's that when I do join it's usually dead until I have to leave or go to bed.

#18534 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8669 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

The biggest problem with tebow chat isn't the invites, (which are annoying sometimes, but less so than the various group announcements,) it's that when I do join it's usually dead until I have to leave or go to bed.

i mean it's pretty easy to predict what's being said...not like you're missing out on an awesome conversation

#18535 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

I've never joined Tebow's chat and I plan to keep it that way.

#18536 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

It really is

#18537 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

Tebow chat is kind of like an enema. It's kinda awkward, maybe even painful at first, but after all the shit, in the end it's cleansing.

#18538 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24825 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

I find like 99% of my deals in Tebow chat.

Yep. Some deals that don't get posted on these boards, they've been discussed in Tebow Chat Room.

I would've never knew about XB Music for Win 8 users (go get their Music Deals App) giving away 50 albums for FREE download, if it wasn't for *that* chat. Which, a few days later - turned into 100. Now, that deal's dead - hope some of y'all didn't miss out on it. :(

And they still got some other music on sales for $2, as well - ranging from Iggy's new "re-worked" album (Reclassified) [are you reading this, SnakeyBro?) to even Deluxe Editions of some albums (Teyana Taylor's "VII", Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence", etc).

I would've never knew about the Bioshock glitch from GG a few days ago or what have you...if it wasn't for Tebow Chat, as well. Of course - I already had those games; but still, I like to know what glitches. ;)

That's just barely tipping the iceberg here.

#18539 fatherburn  

fatherburn

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Want to thank someone in here for the Bob's burger code. New account, so i couldn't post it on the day i used it.....but thanks.

#18540 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24825 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the review D, bumped it up in the backlog to "might actually play some day."  Any game I can finish in under a few hours automatically goes on my radar these days.

I did a lot of exploring and looking around the game-world + objects; trying to soak in the atmosphere + find everything that I possibly could.

I think I possibly might've missed some things, BTW.

I could see many who ain't poking around & exploring every nook + cranny certainly finishing Gone Home in less time than I certainly did.