* * * * * 22 votes

Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

#19651 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

And has it lived up to these expectations?

I loved BL2 and the DLC.  I'm debating now between the dueling Nuuvem deals: BL presequel vs. Shadow of Mordor

It has mostly lived up to expectations.  There was no endgame at lv50.  UVHM and level cap increase to 60 got patched in a few days ago, I haven't reached cap, so I can't say for sure.  But at least they kicked up the difficulty in UVHM.  The new Arena seems promising, I look forward to playing it again at cap in UVHM.  I really need to get to cap to evaluate the state of the game now that we have UVHM and a reset button.

Neuro5i5, outlined the other issues.  There's a lot of non-farmable (non-respawning) bosses, and loot tables are weird... I've gotten more legendaries out of machines than off mobs.  I've never seen a legendary drop off the final boss.

#19652 zico   gifts steam games to self. CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

Nuuvem is going to have the game for R$12,49 on the 26th. If you can wait a few days, you can just grab it from there.

Edit:

Oh no, did Tebow get banned again? :(

Oh well, friend already bought it for me. Thanks for the heads up.

#19653 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

So Steam's acting goofy.

I just bought BL pre-sequel and Shadows of Mordor from Nuuvem, and almost had chest pain when I got an error message from steam after entering the keys and it wouldn't let me activate them.  However, I restarted steam and both games were in my library and are now downloading.

so no flag?

#19654 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Can't decide between buying Banner Saga or waiting for a bundle

#19655 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

can't decide which to play first.. Assassin Creed or Shadow of Mordor... :wall:

#19656 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

can't decide which to play first.. Assassin Creed or Shadow of Mordor... :wall:

Which AC game, BTW?

I think it depends - which one did you spend MORE $ on?

I tend to aim to play anything I spent more $ on first.

EDIT:

Usually, if it's something I spend more $ on - I normally want to play those ASAP.

#19657 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2713 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hmmm what's Nuuvem? I'm completely new to PC gaming and I just started a week or two ago. Horrible timing, considering the Region Lock. Did pick up about 10 keys before that happened though. I'm in the US, can I use Nuuvem? Or is it restricted for me?

#19658 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

Bit.Trip Collection is five bucks. There's little chance of it going to 95% off, right? :p

#19659 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hmmm what's Nuuvem? I'm completely new to PC gaming and I just started a week or two ago. Horrible timing, considering the Region Lock. Did pick up about 10 keys before that happened though. I'm in the US, can I use Nuuvem? Or is it restricted for me?

God do I miss being a PC newbie. Everything was amazing after being a console peasant for so long...a horrible steam sale is like the best console sale there is

#19660 sch0oldaze   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

Can't decide between buying Banner Saga or waiting for a bundle

I'd wait on Banner Saga, The second one was recently announced so the cost on the first should go down soon.

#19661 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

*twitch* *twitch*   ....a seasonal

#19662 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

Here's the link:

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/

It's a Brazilian digital distributor.

I've never bought from them - but often of late, especially during big Steam Sales, they seem to have better prices than anyone else.

Maybe someone else can answer about ordering from them (via Credit Card, Paypal, etc), pricing, region locks, and other things that pertain to buying games at an International store like them.

#19663 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10158 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

How low can Prison Architect get before it's 'release?'  Ah if only Russian Pricing were still around I'd grab it for $2.  Probably be in the BTA tier of an upcoming Humble.

#19664 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

Which AC game, BTW?

I think it depends - which one did you spend MORE $ on?

I tend to aim to play anything I spent more $ on first.

EDIT:

Usually, if it's something I spend more $ on - I normally want to play those ASAP.

well, i will start on AC 2 or Shadow of Mordor or Batman Arkham City

Money spent: Shadow of Mordor > AC2 > Batman

#19665 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

well, i will start on AC 2 or Shadow of Mordor or Batman Arkham City

Money spent: Shadow of Mordor > AC2 > Batman

If I was going by money - Shadow of Mordor.

(I don't have SoM yet, BTW),

Though, going by actual games and their releases, in order - AC2 + Batman: Arkham games are both inspirations for SoM, in some ways.

So, I don't know...

{shrug}

#19666 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

Yes, you can buy from them if you're in the US. A couple of tips...

The website is in Portugese, so you may need to copy and paste some text into a translator to make it out.

If you decide to buy from them, create your account before going through checkout. Problems will likely occur if you attempt to create your account during checkout. They also offer the option of using a Facebook or Twitter account if you're into that.

#19667 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

If I was going by money - Shadow of Mordor.

(I don't have SoM yet, BTW),

Though, going by actual games and their releases, in order - AC2 + Batman: Arkham games are both inspirations for SoM, in some ways.

So, I don't know...

{shrug}

the thing about going through backlog is that sometime you want to play the newest game YET you know that once u play that newer, more superior, feature rich game, you will never go back to the older one (unless the newer is a crappy one).

decision.. decision.. i WANT to play SOM (very good review) yet i know that i NEED go through AC2 and Batman first.. >.<

#19668 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

That's it, I'm not playing Dark Souls anymore until they complete the Steamworks migration.

Five seconds after I cease being hollow I get invaded again? Back during the GFWL era invasions weren't that common. :|

#19669 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

How low can Prison Architect get before it's 'release?'  Ah if only Russian Pricing were still around I'd grab it for $2.  Probably be in the BTA tier of an upcoming Humble.

it was bundled once.. 

#19670 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

That's it, I'm not playing Dark Souls anymore until they complete the Steamworks migration.

Five seconds after I cease being hollow I get invaded again? Back during the GFWL era invasions weren't that common. :|

I'm willing to bet it's more common because a lot of people were heavily anticipating the transition so there's an increased userbase. For example, I played a good bit when the beta released, and I probably wouldn't have played it for at least a year or so of they weren't in the middle of a transition. Just either stay hollow or play offline

#19671 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

My experience has been the complete opposite. Since the steamworks beta started I've had zero invasions, and one successful summon. Even messages and bloodstains aren't really showing up for me. *shrug*

#19672 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10158 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Switch your download region to some remote server.  Invasion/co-op is based on that in the Steamworks version.

it was bundled once.. 

$10 tier doesn't count.

#19673 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

Just either stay hollow or play offline

or cheat, cuz ya know, cheating's cool...

#19674 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

I'm willing to bet it's more common because a lot of people were heavily anticipating the transition so there's an increased userbase. For example, I played a good bit when the beta released, and I probably wouldn't have played it for at least a year or so of they weren't in the middle of a transition. Just either stay hollow or play offline

i thought half of the Dark Souls experience is online/multiplayer? is there any fun playing offline?

and while they intergrate Steamwork, why can't they fix the graphic too so that we do'nt have to use mod to improve the shoddy PC port?

#19675 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10158 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, the bad half.  Jaykay... it works well within the framework of the game but at this point (with DS2 being out) most of the time it's just going to be sociopaths who are all-pro trolling new-ish players.

#19676 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

Just curious, but why not play as hollow.  The only time I ever used humanity was to kindle or summon help.

#19677 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10158 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

^ That, too.  But, as I said, if you change your Steam download region to the far side of the moon then you won't get invasions.  Like, Foxhack, when I had mine set to Dallas or some other US region it wouldn't be more than a minute before I got invaded.  Changed it to... [SUPER SECRET LOCATION REDACTED] and I haven't gotten an invasion in hours walking around human.

#19678 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6161 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

There is a 1000% chance that it will reappear in a future Humble bundle. 

#19679 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

i thought half of the Dark Souls experience is online/multiplayer? is there any fun playing offline?

and while they intergrate Steamwork, why can't they fix the graphic too so that we do'nt have to use mod to improve the shoddy PC port?

Personally I play for the single player experience. I only really play multiplayer in order to assist in getting the achievements (some of they sorceries/miracles are covenant based, and while you can farm enemies to get the requirements, this can get stale so I'll also do PvP). 

Theoretically, PvP could be a lot of fun, but as I mentioned last night a lot of the people who are into PvP are either just flat out douches (a few days ago I got invaded by a guy who refused to come out from a cluster of enemies - he wanted me to follow him in so he could attack me while I was getting attacked by other enemies), or they're people who prefer PvP to the single player experience and make specific builds that are beneficial for PvP (only play w/most efficient weapons, spam magic attacks, etc), and they tend to be really good so you just get your ass handed to you. Some of these people are ridiculously good (I'm pretty stale at DS at the moment, but I used to be pretty good - could take on Ornstein and Smough fairly easily in NG+ modes without a summon, and would still get my ass kicked by a lot of invaders). Also the people who love PvP tend to just do backstab fishing which is just really annoying.

DS1 PvP has a lot of issues. When, on the rare occasion, you get an invader who doesn't fit into one of the categories above it can definitely add to the game. The game on its own is really strong though and doesn't need PvP at all to stand out. DS2's PvP seemed to be much better, imho.

#19680 EpicGilgamesh   Let's Put a Smile on That Face CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

EpicGilgamesh

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

There is a 1000% chance that it will reappear in a future Humble bundle. 

Check that.

More like OVER 9000 PERCENT CHANCE!!!