* * * * * 22 votes

Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

#22171 Corto Maltese   Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

Time for a year end colon spreadsheet cleansing.  I'm pretty sure these are all good, but it's possible some used ones snuck in there.  Let me know which one you want and I'll PM it over.  To help prevent the jflux effect you need to have at least 300 posts.

Spoiler

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage please

Be Your True Mind. :)

785247.png

#22172 spoderman  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage please

I like this guy. Doesn't have 300 posts and doesn't afraid of anything!

GUtUP1U.jpg

#22173 Corto Maltese   Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

I'm still somehow on the fence regarding Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless. Is it worth plunking in the money for?

785247.png

#22174 EpicGilgamesh   Let's Put a Smile on That Face CAGiversary!   966 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

EpicGilgamesh

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hey Malkan was Wickland in a bundle?

aXUM4.gif

#22175 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Yeah, usually my approach is just a judgment call. If i recognize you i'll give you the game. 

Meh, everybody is new at some point. If you stick with it long enough (like even a month is long enough where people will start to recognize your name) you'll get plenty of free games. Besides...there's no way of telling which new users/low reps are "on the up and up" and which ones are just in it to take a free game and stay silent til another drop gets on the board. To me if you expect people to give you things you should be willing to stay around until people get to know you. Why should I give my games that I paid for to a stranger when there's a whole board of people who post everyday? Like I said above, I typically (depending on my mood) just give games to people I recognize, and have at times in the past noted in my drop that I reserve the right to not give you a game if I have no idea who you are or you just started posting like a day ago. I prefer using a judgment call to post limit because then you can include people who contribute and are recently active in the community but don't have 300 or 500 posts or whatever. Maybe its a bit of an ass way of doing it, but it's my game that I paid for. I'm not giving it to some stranger who plans on dropping in and out of threads to vulture things.

I agree with this. If they genuinely want a game, they'll be willing to be active in the community. I don't think it's ever worth giving games to people that no one recognizes. There's too many leeches.

Yeah, I understand where you guys are coming from and what you're saying makes plenty of sense.

I still can't bring myself to only give out to regulars though, I like to leave at least a little bit for newer members or members who don't post as often.  I will have to be a lot more careful when handing out games to newer members from now on though.

#22176 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

For anyone who missed these from gala,

Deadbreed.

Racer 8.

steam | uplay | rockstar | bnet: zenii#1523

#22177 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8226 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'm still somehow on the fence regarding Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless. Is it worth plunking in the money for?

The games are high quality, if that's what you're asking Endless Legend has gotten good reviews (I've read a number of publications call it their strategy of the year, with RPS naming it their overall GOTY). 4x strategy games also tend to have a lot of replay value, so 17.50 for a high quality game with a lot of potential play hours is worth it from an objective perspective. Whether it's worth it to you is another question. If you plan on playing it a lot right away go for it, but it'll probably be 7.50 or less by this time next year.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#22178 Corto Maltese   Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

The games are high quality, if that's what you're asking Endless Legend has gotten good reviews (I've read a number of publications call it their strategy of the year, with RPS naming it their overall GOTY). 4x strategy games also tend to have a lot of replay value, so 17.50 for a high quality game with a lot of potential play hours is worth it from an objective perspective. Whether it's worth it to you is another question. If you plan on playing it a lot right away go for it, but it'll probably be 7.50 or less by this time next year.

So it'll be at a lower price you predict? Hm, how intriguing. What of Dungeon of the Endless?

785247.png

#22179 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5326 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

You could always report that to the moderators as it's against the rules to have multiple accounts. If it were my board, I'd IP/email ban someone for that.

Community Rules

CAG Registration & Membership
You may not register or access CAG if you are under the age of thirteen (13). Upon registration, you agree to provide truthful and accurate information about yourself as requested, and to promptly make any updates as to keep such information current. You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or disguise the origin of any content transmitted through CAG. The Management may suspend or terminate your account and refuse use of the CAG in the event that you provide false information about yourself, fail to keep information current, or create multiple accounts. You can change your display name here.

I don't think the mods care. Borderland's last account was trade banned, but the mods haven't bothered to do anything about his current account.

For anyone who missed these from gala,

Deadbreed.

Guess who lurked that.... :shame:

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#22180 Camthur  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

I'm quite interested in Dungeon of the Endless, but i'm holding off. 

I'm using how they've treated Endless Space as a guide.   They don't look to be in any hurry to bundle, (no bundle after two years)  but do seem to be willing to do a big price cut after a while. (80 percent off now)

Also, they have a pack that has all three games with all the bells and whistles.  It's only 50 percent off right now, but will be a very nice pickup whenever it gets to 75 percent one day.

#22181 Corto Maltese   Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'm quite interested in Dungeon of the Endless, but i'm holding off. 

I'm using how they've treated Endless Space as a guide.   They don't look to be in any hurry to bundle, (no bundle after two years)  but do seem to be willing to do a big price cut after a while. (80 percent off now)

Also, they have a pack that has all three games with all the bells and whistles.  It's only 50 percent off right now, but will be a very nice pickup whenever it gets to 75 percent one day.

Well, when you and Pas put it that way, I'll buy them at a later date then. Thanks to you two for saving me 32 bucks

785247.png

#22182 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

Hey Malkan was Wickland in a bundle?

Yeah, I know I got one from groupees greenlight #9.  Can't remember where the other came from though.

#22183 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

Why am I not surprised.  LOL

#22184 Quind   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Here are two copies of the Nosgoth Veteran's Packs (Steam):

Spoiler

Enjoy.

#22185 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2708 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

I don't think the mods care. Borderland's last account was trade banned, but the mods haven't bothered to do anything about his current account.

What an ass

Thanks Zenii got Racer 8.

JFuck must have already had it.
bleedingwicked.png

#22186 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2937 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everybody! I'm off to bed now.

#22187 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

Id give endless legend a buy recommendation if you like 4x games. I find myself alternating between that and civ when Im in that mood. It doesnt have quite the depth as civ does, theres alot less unit types and things of that sort, but the overall gameplay is still great.  It is very much endless space on a planet. However it will definitely hit 7.50 sometime next year, it was given away as a free game for IGN prime(which was the sole reason I signed up for a 5$ membership or whatever it was). So if they were willing to give it away as a free IGN game Id be willing to bet it will hit that

#22188 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

Time for a year end colon spreadsheet cleansing.  I'm pretty sure these are all good, but it's possible some used ones snuck in there.  Let me know which one you want and I'll PM it over.  To help prevent the jflux effect you need to have at least 300 posts.

Spoiler

I'm interested in Rescue Everyday Heroes. Thanks!

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#22189 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8491 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

Spoiler

I'll take Hamlet if it's available. Thanks! 

#22190 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Spoiler

Muffin Knight? 

#muffintop

#22191 poxi   something went wrong CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

Spoiler

I'll gladly take 8BitBoy.

#22192 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10001 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

Spoiler

I would like to spoder Hearthlands if it's still available, my fine gentleman.

#22193 Too Damn High   Seasonal FAKECAG CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Too Damn High

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Thomas Was Alone

May I have this one?

#22194 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

I hated '98. It was my final year of college, started working a normal full time job and reality set in. Reality is a bitch.  Anything associated with '98 can suck it.

Sleed neep.

#22195 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:35 PM

Spoiler

Thank you for the awesome giveaway Malkan. If Wickland is still available I'd like that please.

If Wickland has already been taken, I guess I'd "like" something from the following list. According to the steam reviews, they're all crap. So I guess it really doesn't matter which you pick:

Spoiler

Thank you and have a happy new year.

EDIT: Thanks for Wickland.

#22196 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10400 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

I hated '98. It was my final year of college, started working a normal full time job and reality set in. Reality is a bitch.  Anything associated with '98 can suck it.

Got my first real PC

Over at CompUSA

Played Half-Life 'til my fingers bled

Was the winter of '98

#22197 lostnumber  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

The Slaughtering Grounds

One "Shitiest game ever made" please.

Edit: Thanks?

Space... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Lollipop. It's continuing mission, to take a sweet trip to the candy shop, to seek out new bon-bons and new lemonade stands. to boldly go to Peppermint Bay.

#22198 ghost1914  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Think all I bought this sale was final fantasy xiii and that wasn't even off of steam. There were a few titles I wanted to grab but figured they would be on sale for the same or cheaper the next sale.

#22199 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

There were a few titles I wanted to grab but figured they would be on sale for the same or cheaper the next sale.

And this is my fear for the future of sales if the last two years are any indicator.
Sleed neep.

#22200 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Think all I bought this sale was final fantasy xiii and that wasn't even off of steam. There were a few titles I wanted to grab but figured they would be on sale for the same or cheaper the next sale.

I can actually remember a time when this was sound logic.