Nintendo 2DS $99.99 at Dell.com

Nintendo needs to hurry up and just make this the official price of the 2DS.
Have they officially announced that they are phasing out the standard 3DS? I haven't seen one advertised in a weekly ad in a long time and most retailers no longer stock/carry them. The only things I see are the 2DS and 3DS XL and on occassion a few left over 3DS models. I know the fat packaging has been discontinued along with the Aqua Blue and Flame Red models

Have they officially announced that they are phasing out the standard 3DS? I haven't seen one advertised in a weekly ad in a long time and most retailers no longer stock/carry them. The only things I see are the 2DS and 3DS XL and on occassion a few left over 3DS models. I know the fat packaging has been discontinued along with the Aqua Blue and Flame Red models
I don't think they've ever announced it officially in the US, but it's definitely not featured heavily in advertising and on the 3DS website anymore, so it's likely all but dried up in the US.

You'll still come across a system here and there but for the most part they're done in the West.

Which is a shame, really, because it's the only one I like of the three. The 3DSXL is too big for daily use and the 2DS is too cheap, too big, and well, fuck, I like the 3D tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will any brick and mortar store price match dell.com? I really want that sea green 2ds and at that price I wouldn't hesitate.

Best Buy will, judging by their price match policy, but I've yet to see a Sea Green 2DS in-store.
Best Buy doesn't even have it in stock for shipping anymore. Target also delisted it. I think the only places I have seen it at retail are Fry's and the Navy Exchange/NEX. Gamestop.com still has them, but I know they won't price match.

I also saw the sea green at my local Target.
Are you sure about that? When they cancelled my Target.com order I called customer service and they did a store search and said they never stocked them in stores despite the inventory system initially saying they did. I also checked at least half a dozen local stores and they never received them. Maybe they are just now getting them out to stores?

Are you sure about that? When they cancelled my Target.com order I called customer service and they did a store search and said they never stocked them in stores despite the inventory system initially saying they did. I also checked at least half a dozen local stores and they never received them. Maybe they are just now getting them out to stores?
I'm pretty sure. I definitely saw some over the weekend, somewhere, and I went to Target, but didn't go to Best Buy. Could have been Toys R Us. Or a dream...

bread's done
Back