Putty Squad PS4 - Best Buy $9.99 or $7.99 w/ GCU

I rented this a while back. It's a lot of fun. Good controls, nice art style and reminds me of old school platformers, which are severely lacking these days. Definitely worth $8. 

Yeah, don't bother with this.

I picked it up today and it's going back tomorrow.  The background and foreground blend way too much together, and the levels are just swamped with monsters.  More often then not I found myself getting hit because of something I couldn't even see or falling down a hole I didn't know existed.  There are even 1-hit kill monsters that in no way suggest that their even enemies, so cheap deaths seem to happen a lot.  Everything is a colorful mix of garbage thrown together.  There is no distinguishing between things in the game.

On top of that, the level design is just atrocious.  The goal is to pick up every red blob in every level, but their locations feel completely haphazard and poorly thought out.  There seemed to be whole sections of levels I didn't even need to explore because there were no blobs located there.

The game also has a floating mechanic, which pretty much completely invalidates any sort of platforming challenge to the game.  Instead it's almost just a mad scramble of a level with dozens of badguys attacking you from every direction and some lame combat that will get boring before the 10th level.

It's not worth $8, but much more importantly it's not worth 5-12 hours of your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone say Putty?

putty-patrollers-power-rangers.jpg

All kidding aside, this game looks terrible. It looks like one of those games that has about 100 copies at Half Price Books.

Any potential of this being rare? Game looks awful but I have a fond nostalgia for the original on Amiga. Probably wouldn't even open this one.

Bleh... I picked this up off ebay for like $10 a couple months back.  Reminded me of a crap flash game on newgrounds.

Yeah, don't bother with this.

I picked it up today and it's going back tomorrow. The background and foreground blend way too much together, and the levels are just swamped with monsters. More often then not I found myself getting hit because of something I couldn't even see or falling down a hole I didn't know existed. There are even 1-hit kill monsters that in no way suggest that their even enemies, so cheap deaths seem to happen a lot. Everything is a colorful mix of garbage thrown together. There is no distinguishing between things in the game.

On top of that, the level design is just atrocious. The goal is to pick up every red blob in every level, but their locations feel completely haphazard and poorly thought out. There seemed to be whole sections of levels I didn't even need to explore because there were no blobs located there.

The game also has a floating mechanic, which pretty much completely invalidates any sort of platforming challenge to the game. Instead it's almost just a mad scramble of a level with dozens of badguys attacking you from every direction and some lame combat that will get boring before the 10th level.

It's not worth $8, but much more importantly it's not worth 5-12 hours of your time.
It trades back in currently at $9 at Best Buy (9.90 with 10% bonus), 8.40 at Amazon.

Any potential of this being rare? Game looks awful but I have a fond nostalgia for the original on Amiga. Probably wouldn't even open this one.
Yeah man this could become rare!

And in 20 years your 10 dollar game could be worth up to 40 dollars!

Its every CAGs dream, to buy a game and have it be worth its original MSRP in 10-20 years.

haha good one!    yes, find those game diamonds in the rough!      I have found some gold mines lately!    ; ) 

bread's done
Back