Best Buy 10% back in rewards

Daring

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Should put via BB credit card in the title so ppl don`t confuse it with a reg. Elite/Elite Plus shopping event promo.

If you`re already elite plus you get $5(255 mybb pt) back on a visa normally so this is an amazing deal.

Im about to check my recent receipts because Im sure as far as video games go this 10% doesn't apply. But the other stuff it does work on for potential profit or w/e I gotta look into.

So ya like I thought you get 10% on select purchases but not sure what just yet. 

*Update: Actually is it 10% on everything but the receipt just says (up to 6%) because it may not be up to date?

BBY is promoting another 10% back in rewards. It's an easy way to get elite from purchasing visa gc. haven't bought any GC myself but will try on the weekend.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/finance/financing-rewards/pcmcat102500050032.c?id=pcmcat102500050032

Best Buy running a deal through 9/6 for 10% cashback when using best buy credit card. Purchase $200 VGC has worked in the past.

$205.95 yields $20.50 rewards backs - 5.95 = $14.55 profit.
Anyone know of ways we can liquidate the BB visa gift card that we purchase? (do they load onto walmart Bluebird?)

BBY is promoting another 10% back in rewards. It's an easy way to get elite from purchasing visa gc. haven't bought any GC myself but will try on the weekend.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/finance/financing-rewards/pcmcat102500050032.c?id=pcmcat102500050032

Best Buy running a deal through 9/6 for 10% cashback when using best buy credit card. Purchase $200 VGC has worked in the past.

$205.95 yields $20.50 rewards backs - 5.95 = $14.55 profit.
Can you explain this again lol

Preorders will get the 10% as well. When this ran during Memorial Day I preordered the Kinect-less X1, Sniper Elite 3 and Sunset Overdrive. I got the extra points with the X1 and I have the bonus points pending with Sniper Elite.

Interesting.  This should also qualify for the 12 month financing on purchases over $399 I assume. Does anyone know for sure?

This promotion will not work with any long term interest free financing plan.
Stick to purchases you can pay off in the first month to get the benefit.

Noob on the Blackbird card. How would you load it using the BB cards? Here are the ways according to the Blackbird website:

• Add all or part of your paycheck or government payments with Direct Deposit
  • Add checks with the Bluebird Mobile App on your Androidtm device or iPhone®
  • Transfer money from your checking or savings account
  • Add cash at virtually any Walmart checkout register2

Noob on the Blackbird card. How would you load it using the BB cards? Here are the ways according to the Blackbird website:

You forgot. SSN require. http://thefinancialphysician.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/aasocialsecurity.jpg

<p>

It's technically the last bullet. Instead of cash you tell the cashier at Walmart you want to load using debit. You can also load at the kiosks.

It's technically the last bullet. Instead of cash you tell the cashier at Walmart you want to load using debit. You can also load at the kiosks.
Gotcha. So basically this is a no cost move from PP BB cards to cash? In theory, could you load the Blackbird and then buy stuff anywhere AMEX is taken or even transfer that into cash via bank transfer?

Gotcha. So basically this is a no cost move from PP BB cards to cash? In theory, could you load the Blackbird and then buy stuff anywhere AMEX is taken or even transfer that into cash via bank transfer?
Yes and Yes. Check out Serve also. Same thing with a few more features. You can only have one or the other.

Im about to check my recent receipts because Im sure as far as video games go this 10% doesn't apply. But the other stuff it does work on for potential profit or w/e I gotta look into.

So ya like I thought you get 10% on select purchases but not sure what just yet.

*Update: Actually is it 10% on everything but the receipt just says (up to 6%) because it may not be up to date?
The receipt and the sign pad when you choose standard credit will say 6% reguardless, but as long as the employee scanned the promo coupon that will be on the receipt as a item it will give you 10%. And it is only 10% for the very first transaction as in a one time thing so buy everything you want at once to maximize profit.

I also read someone say it will work with financing which is not true. The deal is a extension of the existing 6% back with standard credit and APR meaning if you dont pay the balance off before the end of your billing cycle you have to pay the interest.

Maybe that should be in the OP many people could get slammed with it if they dont use CCs often.

And it is only 10% for the very first transaction as in a one time thing so buy everything you want at once to maximize profit.
Where did you get this information from? I bought on several transactions during the last promo and all got the extra %. The landing page from the OP's link even says "Shop as often as you want, now through September 6, and watch your rewards add up."

Just a note on the bluebird/serve card loads at Walmart that, at least for me, when you go to pay and swipe your card there is no option to choose "debit" so what you have to do exactly is swipe the visa or whatever and then quickly press "cancel" and then it should revert back to the screen where you can select payment type. So then just select "debit" and it should proceed to ask for your pin and there is no need to swipe your card again.

Where did you get this information from? I bought on several transactions during the last promo and all got the extra %. The landing page from the OP's link even says "Shop as often as you want, now through September 6, and watch your rewards add up."
Just from what I was told. Idk though I never used it personally. Last time we ran the promo for that short time idk a week or so it was only the one transaction.

Just a note on the bluebird/serve card loads at Walmart that, at least for me, when you go to pay and swipe your card there is no option to choose "debit" so what you have to do exactly is swipe the visa or whatever and then quickly press "cancel" and then it should revert back to the screen where you can select payment type. So then just select "debit" and it should proceed to ask for your pin and there is no need to swipe your card again.
That's usually the case for MasterCard or when the cashier does not do their job.

swerve charges $1/mo unless you have direct deposit or do at least $500 in transactions that month so something to keep in mind
True. Serve has the advantage over Bluebird since it can be loaded at more locations (CVS, 7/11, Family Dollar) than just WM, is eligible for the AMEX sync offers (Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter) and IIRC, has higher daily/monthly load limits.

Just from what I was told. Idk though I never used it personally. Last time we ran the promo for that short time idk a week or so it was only the one transaction.
Definitely not true. Even the 3 transactions I made on Wednesday are showing up with the extra points.

"Back to School My Best Buy Credit Card bonus"

Could you please edit your post to omit that misinformation?

I'm already elite plus but getting that 10% plus back (minus $5.95 fee) in RZ certs is very tempting. Any downsides I'm missing?
If you're Elite Plus it's a no brainer. The only downside would be if you are one of those folks who doesn't value/have use for the BB RZ certs. They can be used to buy Amazon GCs so almost as good as cash.

Can somebody confirm this?

If you are GCU member with Elite Plus membership, is this how the calculation goes when you buy a game with the BB Credit Card?

When $100 value game is purchased

Point = 500 (10% Promotion)

2X GCU Point = 500

Elite Plus 25% Bonus = 125

Total: 1125 = 22.5%= $20 (+$2.50 Pending) ?

Can somebody confirm this?

If you are GCU member with Elite Plus membership, is this how the calculation goes when you buy a game with the BB Credit Card?

When $100 value game is purchased

Point = 500 (10% Promotion)

2X GCU Point = 500

Elite Plus 25% Bonus = 125

Total: 1125 = 22.5%= $20 (+$2.50 Pending) ?
Not quite. Think of it this way. You're getting an extra 5% (2.5 points per $1 spent) over the normal 5% [2.5 points (1 base point plus 1.5 bonus points) per $1 spent]. The Elite Plus will give you an extra 1% (0.5 point) bonus on the base price. It will look something like this:

100 Purchases
100 My Best Buy Gamers Club Everyday Bonus Point Promo
150 MasterCard Bonus: Best Buy Purchase
250 Back to School My Best Buy Credit Card bonus

25 MasterCard Bonus: Elite Plus
25 Elite Plus 25% Bonus

650 Total Points Earned with this transaction

So really only $13 in that scenario.

I'm already elite plus but getting that 10% plus back (minus $5.95 fee) in RZ certs is very tempting. Any downsides I'm missing?
You`re normally getting $5(255 mybb pts) on a card w/o this promo the fees true cost drops to $0.95 per $200. And that cost quickly becomes profit when the Amex is spent @ BB. With a $1K reserve moved to an Amex you get the 25% bonus, 2x mybb & 20% off games on the same money & 25% on everything else.

If you're Elite Plus it's a no brainer. The only downside would be if you are one of those folks who doesn't value/have use for the BB RZ certs. They can be used to buy Amazon GCs so almost as good as cash.
Since mybb certs can be used to reduce the full taxable amount it`s kinda a wash except BB offers a much longer pm policy.

You`re normally getting $5(255 mybb pts) on a card w/o this promo the fees true cost drops to $0.95 per $200. And that cost quickly becomes profit when the Amex is spent @ BB. With a $1K reserve moved to an Amex you get the 25% bonus, 2x mybb & 20% off games on the same money & 25% on everything else.

Since mybb certs can be used to reduce the full taxable amount it`s kinda a wash except BB offers a much longer pm policy.
I don't necessarily want to spend the cash at BB in the end, just trying to figure out a way to make RZ points/certs by moving cash around. This is what I'm thinking:

Buy $200 BB cards using BB credit card.

Take the $200 BB card and put it in Bluebird account via debit loading at WM. Either pay bills with it or pull it out via ATM w/$2 per transaction fee.

If I use Klimb's example, is this calculation correct?

200 Purchases (base)
350 MasterCard Bonus: Best Buy Purchase (1.5xbase)
500 Back to School My Best Buy Credit Card bonus (2.5xbase)

50 MasterCard Bonus: Elite Plus (25% base)
50 Elite Plus 25% Bonus (25% base)

1150 points which is approx. $23 in RZ certs? Subtract out the $6 BB fee and $17 profit exclusive of any other fees. Sound right?

I don't necessarily want to spend the cash at BB in the end, just trying to figure out a way to make RZ points/certs by moving cash around. This is what I'm thinking:

Buy $200 BB cards using BB credit card.

Take the $200 BB card and put it in Bluebird account via debit loading at WM. Either pay bills with it or pull it out via ATM w/$2 per transaction fee.

If I use Klimb's example, is this calculation correct?

200 Purchases (base)
350 MasterCard Bonus: Best Buy Purchase (1.5xbase)
500 Back to School My Best Buy Credit Card bonus (2.5xbase)

50 MasterCard Bonus: Elite Plus (25% base)
50 Elite Plus 25% Bonus (25% base)

1150 points which is approx. $23 in RZ certs? Subtract out the $6 BB fee and $17 profit exclusive of any other fees. Sound right?
I wouldn't waste more $ using the ATM. Pay your bills. You can also transfer $ from Bluebird to your bank account. Many shy away from this, but I haven't had any problems. If they didn't want you to do it, then why give the option to do so. If you previously got the checks for free, you can right someone a check. Remember you have to pre-authorize it.

Math is a bit off. Only 300 on the 1.5 MC bonus. Also, IIRC, you also get points back on the $5.95 fee. This is what I got. We all know how the site like to show everything rounded down, but corrects itself when paid out, so that's what I did.

205 Purchases (base)
307 MasterCard Bonus: Best Buy Purchase (1.5xbase)
512 Back to School My Best Buy Credit Card bonus (2.5xbase)

51 MasterCard Bonus: Elite Plus (25% base)
51 Elite Plus 25% Bonus (25% base

1126 = $22.52

Math looks correct. I wouldn't waste more $ using the ATM. Pay your bills. You can also transfer $ from Bluebird to your bank account. Many shy away from this, but I haven't had any problems. If they didn't want you to do it, then why give the option to do so. If you previously got the checks for free, you can right someone a check. Remember you have to pre-authorize it.
yeah, that $2 ATM fee is a drain on profit. It just wasn't too clear on the Bluebird page that you could move the deposited money to another bank account w/o having to use checks or another method.

Thanks for the numbers check and input. I may try it out on one $200 BB card and see how it goes.

yeah, that $2 ATM fee is a drain on profit. It just wasn't too clear on the Bluebird page that you could move the deposited money to another bank account w/o having to use checks or another method.

Thanks for the numbers check and input. I may try it out on one $200 BB card and see how it goes.
I edited my post during/after your reply. See above. You can transfer to your linked bank account at no charge.

bread's done
Back