dreamer131313

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) $44.99 @Ebay thru Newegg
http://m.ebay.com/it...Id=380934372447

#2 Black_Dynamite19  

Black_Dynamite19

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Dang it!

I tried looking for it as a new item so I could price match...but I do not think Best Buy will price match this.

Black_Dynamite19.png

#3 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   6325 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Apparently someone on CAG was able to price match at Best Buy when Newegg had the Pulse Gold Headphones through eBay, but extremely YMMV.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#4 Chesu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hey, just a heads-up; if you register Mario Kart 8 with Club Nintendo, the free game you choose will count for full points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion. I just learned that today; Pikmin 3 is (apparently) currently listed in the eShop for $59.99, so you'll get a free 599 DDP points, which is good for a $5.00 eShop credit and 1/5 of the way toward another. Bear in mind that you'll only have access to this promotion if you bought a Wii U Deluxe set during the console's launch window.

I exploited.. took advantage of... partook in an offer Target had in mid-June, which knocked $15 off the purchase price of any game $40 and up when buying one of their one dollar preorder cards. Combined with price-matching Amazon's price of $48.78, I got Mario Kart 8 for $35 (before tax) two weeks after release. That's two full AAA Nintendo games, 150 Club Nintendo coins (about a $4 value), and $5 in eShop credit. While you probably won't find another offer this good before the free game promotion ends later this month, it's a pretty good value no matter what you're paying.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

#5 ritchardf   add ritchardf on psn and xbox live CAGiversary!   2478 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Sniper Elite III
XONE

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hey, just a heads-up; if you register Mario Kart 8 with Club Nintendo, the free game you choose will count for full points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion. I just learned that today; Pikmin 3 is (apparently) currently listed in the eShop for $59.99, so you'll get a free 599 DDP points, which is good for a $5.00 eShop credit and 1/5 of the way toward another. Bear in mind that you'll only have access to this promotion if you bought a Wii U Deluxe set during the console's launch window.

I exploited.. took advantage of... partook in an offer Target had in mid-June, which knocked $15 off the purchase price of any game $40 and up when buying one of their one dollar preorder cards. Combined with price-matching Amazon's price of $48.78, I got Mario Kart 8 for $35 (before tax) two weeks after release. That's two full AAA Nintendo games, 150 Club Nintendo coins (about a $4 value), and $5 in eShop credit. While you probably won't find another offer this good before the free game promotion ends later this month, it's a pretty good value no matter what you're paying.

that promotion is good on all deluxe wii u's. i just bought one 2 weeks ago, a mario/luigi u combo and it had the ddp promotion with it.

#6 Chesu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Oh, is it? Huh. I guess Nintendo changed their mind, or I misunderstood the terms of the promotion. Well, that's even better then; a free five dollars for (almost) everyone!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

#7 machinematrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

machinematrix

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

When do u need to register the game for a free code by? I already got windwaker when I bought the game during release but might create a separate club Nintendo account and register this one for Pikmin then flip on eBay making my Pikmin 3 hopefully about 10 bucks

#8 Chesu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

You have to register it by the end of July. Do you mean that you already bought and registered Mario Kart 8, and are considering buying a second copy just to get Pikmin? If so, yes, making a second account would work... Though the current sign-up process may require a street address and/or Nintendo Network ID. Ideally, you should find someone you trust who is willing to register the game to their account for the coins, then give you the Pikmin code.

#9 machinematrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

machinematrix

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yes I was thinking about buying a second one but probably will just see if I can get a Pikmin code off ebay for $15

#10 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

Oh, is it? Huh. I guess Nintendo changed their mind, or I misunderstood the terms of the promotion. Well, that's even better then; a free five dollars for (almost) everyone!

whats even better is the $200 refurb wii u's straight from nintendo (actually brand new) also count as DDP and include a free copy of NintendoLand with a CN card.  If you get a good deal on MK8 buy 3 or 4 copies and get all the free games (create sub accounts for the extra copies) and then use the $15-20 you get in DDP cash to get Luigi U, basically a DLC for Super Mario U which you get free.

If you trade your extra copies to Best Buy you can use the GCs to buy Nintendo eShop cards, I wish they would have a eShop sale on MK8 for $40, would make it easy to trade away my last remaining copy that I play with and just convert to digital.   MK8 and Super Smash are two games I'd always keep on my Wii U.

Right after E3 was a great window to jump into Wii U, get brand new one one for $200, get PAID $44 to buy 4 copies from Target and trade into Best Buy, get 4 free games + 2 more, $20 eshop cash, and platinum Club Nintendo status.

#11 KingJamez   Banned Banned   143 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

KingJamez

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Got one . Hopefully I got in before it was sold out. I got receipt though saying it went through
Ninten Do what Sega Don't

#12 HiGHFLYiN9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

HiGHFLYiN9

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Newegg shit the bed on my transaction. I ordered yesterday, then they submitted a cancellation to eBay stating that I "did not agree to their terms", and I got an email stating the item is cancelled due to backorder, even though it's listed on eBay for sale right now. They haven't even refunded my money  :headache: I'm sure it will be a big headache to get the $$ back. What a waste of time.