CAGcast #371: Mr. Xbox Fitness

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Wombat hunts testicles in Sniper Eiite III and fitness in Xbox Fitness, Shipwreck gives the Retron 5 a go, and Cheapy is very worried about NHL 15.
Download (1 hour 23 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://soundcloud.com/cheapyd/cagcast-371-mr-xbox-fitness

GoDaddy.com Coupon Codes

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro: Thrift Shop CAGcast Remix - Outro: Qbert commercial
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your discussion on bullet shots to the nuts reminded me of Wombat wanting to get a vasectomy. Did he get one?

I feel obligated to respond to Shipwreck’s comment when he said “That explains a lot” to Wombat about him being a ‘Master System Kid’ and that no one would dare come to his house to play it. I was an avid Nintendo player back in the 80’s with a very extensive game collection, as were several of my other friends, but the SMS was responsible for some of the most ‘eye-opening’ experiences of my adolescence.

My best friend was the neighborhood ‘ Master System Kid’ and I loved going to his house to play the SMS because, well, mostly because no one else had one, but it also had great games that you could not get on the N.E.S. (Sorry Wombat, I have to side with Ship here. You can’t pronounce it ‘Ness’ and ‘yes’, Haunted House sucked big Weber™ grill balls. But I digress.)

The SMS had a lot of great original games like Alex Kidd, R-Type, Fantasy Zone, Zillion, and decent arcade ports of OutRun, Choplifter, Shinobi, Hang-On, Space Harrier, and the list goes on and on. These games were so engrossing that we would sometimes stay up late into the wee hours of the morning playing them.

During one particular sleepover, after a marathon Master System session, we shut off the system and quickly learned that the cable we had running from a splitter on the living room TV was hooked up incorrectly. This cable was originally installed to allow us to watch cable in my friend’s room but because of our ineptitude with electronics at the time, found out that it would only transmit the output from the living room VCR back to his bedroom TV. We also learned that his dad, thinking we were asleep, would sometimes watch adult movies in the living room, but because of our wiring error, we could watch whatever he was watching.

We never did correct the coaxial anomaly, but I did secretly sneak over my parent’s VCR on subsequent sleepovers so we could (quote)”watch movies” (unquote) but in reality, what was actually taking place was our first foray into pirating movies.

I hope everyone can learn these two very important takeaways from my personal experience with the incredibly underappreciated Sega Master System:
1. The Sega Master System had some great, original games and some pretty good arcade ports

and
2. Most adult video production companies in the 80’s were too cheap to spend money on MacroVision™ copy protection.

Respectfully,
Tone-C

powerbaseconverter-1024x682.jpg
Cwx889.jpg

We never did correct the coaxial anomaly, but I did secretly sneak over my parent’s VCR on subsequent sleepovers so we could (quote)”watch movies” (unquote)
We also learned that his dad, thinking we were asleep, would sometimes watch adult movies in the living room, but because of our wiring error, we could watch whatever he was watching.
You were recording your friend's dad's Spankin' Images in real-time (while being used by said dad), to use later as your own; Sega Masturbation System Kid had a disturbing yet sweet setup. Hopefully you never put two and two together; I would have, and we would have gone on ninja missions to see the act live in progress, further scarring our future selves.

Thanks, Wombat. I had been waiting for that movie "I Know That Voice". I'm a big fan of the podcast Talkin Toons With Rob Paulsen. Good, funny stuff.

I feel obligated to respond to Shipwreck’s comment when he said “That explains a lot” to Wombat about him being a ‘Master System Kid’ and that no one would dare come to his house to play it. I was an avid Nintendo player back in the 80’s with a very extensive game collection, as were several of my other friends, but the SMS was responsible for some of the most ‘eye-opening’ experiences of my adolescence.

My best friend was the neighborhood ‘ Master System Kid’ and I loved going to his house to play the SMS because, well, mostly because no one else had one, but it also had great games that you could not get on the N.E.S. (Sorry Wombat, I have to side with Ship here. You can’t pronounce it ‘Ness’ and ‘yes’, Haunted House sucked big Weber™ grill balls. But I digress.)

The SMS had a lot of great original games like Alex Kidd, R-Type, Fantasy Zone, Zillion, and decent arcade ports of OutRun, Choplifter, Shinobi, Hang-On, Space Harrier, and the list goes on and on. These games were so engrossing that we would sometimes stay up late into the wee hours of the morning playing them.

During one particular sleepover, after a marathon Master System session, we shut off the system and quickly learned that the cable we had running from a splitter on the living room TV was hooked up incorrectly. This cable was originally installed to allow us to watch cable in my friend’s room but because of our ineptitude with electronics at the time, found out that it would only transmit the output from the living room VCR back to his bedroom TV. We also learned that his dad, thinking we were asleep, would sometimes watch adult movies in the living room, but because of our wiring error, we could watch whatever he was watching.

We never did correct the coaxial anomaly, but I did secretly sneak over my parent’s VCR on subsequent sleepovers so we could (quote)”watch movies” (unquote) but in reality, what was actually taking place was our first foray into pirating movies.

I hope everyone can learn these two very important takeaways from my personal experience with the incredibly underappreciated Sega Master System:
1. The Sega Master System had some great, original games and some pretty good arcade ports

and
2. Most adult video production companies in the 80’s were too cheap to spend money on MacroVision™ copy protection.

Respectfully,
Tone-C

powerbaseconverter-1024x682.jpg
Cwx889.jpg
great story Brah

Just based on the screen shots I've seen of Divinity: Original Sin, it looks like it's gone back to the original 2.5 top down style of the original games, Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity.

Bravo sir. Amazing ingenuity.

Thanks for mentioning 'I Know That Voice', Wombat. I had heard about it a while ago & wanted to see it, but promptly forgot. I watched it last night and was smiling the whole time. I love hearing a voice actor's normal voice and hearing little mannerisms, tones, etc that they use in character voices.

On a related note, here's a link to the 2012 Emerald City Comic Con with a bunch of voice actors reading Star Wars. The link goes directly to Tony Sparano as Greedo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SBzRmWeC6Ds#t=3582

Like Cheapy I am disappointed in my Watch Dogs experience on PC.  The frame rate is horrible, the graphics aren't great, and in the 12 hours I have been playing I have gotten the blue screen of death 5 times.  Even worse, the blue screens are becoming more frequent to the point where I can't play for more than 20 minutes.

I hate the side missions, but I am enjoying my time with the campaign.  It is not groundbreaking but it is entertaining.  Unfortunately, I've given up on the game due to the technical issues.

Bad news shipwreck. That wasn't paint on your old grill chipping off.

Weber FAQ

"Don't worry, it's not paint. The inside surfaces of our grill lids are not painted, they are coated with baked-on porcelain enamel which cannot peel. What you are noticing is a deposit of grease and smoke that collects during normal use. During use, the grease and smoke vapors slowly oxidize into carbon and collect on the inside of your lid. This deposit will eventually peel, and looks very similar to paint. The peeling normally starts in the center of the lid and spreads outward. It may come off in sheets or flakes, and is shiny on one side and dull on the other. These carbon deposits are non-toxic. But you might want to regularly remove the build-up. Fortunately, the peeling is easy to remove. Simply brush off all loose particles with a stainless steel brush before you start grilling. To prevent future build-up, after every grilling session, while the grill lid is warm-not hot-wipe it with paper towels or a mild soap-and-water solution."

Omg the guy who eats Hard Boiled eggs and no sugar Peanut Butter i think it's wombat.

Him...........uggh Again swirlie yourself into a poop filled toilet.

I bet he drives a Prius and drinks Naked Fruit Juice

Why do I listen to your guys podcast - But it is something to listen to while playing World of Tanks o that game sucks

The NBA 2K14 debut on PS4/XB1 was a big disaster for me. They rebalanced the game with terrible cross-mode microtransactions, so you could spend all of the credit you earned in one mode and have nothing in another when needed. The career mode was awful and lacked basic things like free agency, so you had to request trades to change teams. 2K's been in need of an overhaul for a while now, so I hope 2K15 gets rid of the fundamental issues.

The NBA 2K14 debut on PS4/XB1 was a big disaster for me. They rebalanced the game with terrible cross-mode microtransactions, so you could spend all of the credit you earned in one mode and have nothing in another when needed.
What they should do is allow microtransations for online multiplayer. Here are some needed MT.

1. Bribe player to flub. You can offer actual money for the best players on your opponents team to lose the game.
  2. Hire a hitman to kill players that won't take bribe.
  3. Hire a drug dealer to give your opponent's players "freebies".
  4. Pay off your friendly pimp to send his girls to distract the opponents' players so they don't show up to practice.

Much better than $5 skins.

Wombat asking Cheapy why he bought the RetroN 5 was hilarious to me. Just the way he said it. I agree, too - it sounds like a cool piece of tech, but why spend the money on it when you have nothing to use on it? And he even said he'd rather just emulate on PC. (Which I totally agree with, too. Much easier.)

And that voice actor documentary sounded very interesting, don't see why the guys were so dismissive of it. But I'm not a big doc watcher so I probably won't get around to it.

Wombat asking Cheapy why he bought the RetroN 5 was hilarious to me. Just the way he said it. I agree, too - it sounds like a cool piece of tech, but why spend the money on it when you have nothing to use on it? And he even said he'd rather just emulate on PC. (Which I totally agree with, too. Much easier.)

And that voice actor documentary sounded very interesting, don't see why the guys were so dismissive of it. But I'm not a big doc watcher so I probably won't get around to it.
I wasn't being dismissive, I was just trying to get Wombat to explain what made the documentary good.

CAGcast #371: Show Me Your Nuts Woop, Woop!  would have been a much better title.  You guys had me cracking up with that decoy discussion.

Bad news shipwreck. That wasn't paint on your old grill chipping off.

Weber FAQ

"Don't worry, it's not paint. The inside surfaces of our grill lids are not painted, they are coated with baked-on porcelain enamel which cannot peel. What you are noticing is a deposit of grease and smoke that collects during normal use. During use, the grease and smoke vapors slowly oxidize into carbon and collect on the inside of your lid. This deposit will eventually peel, and looks very similar to paint. The peeling normally starts in the center of the lid and spreads outward. It may come off in sheets or flakes, and is shiny on one side and dull on the other. These carbon deposits are non-toxic. But you might want to regularly remove the build-up. Fortunately, the peeling is easy to remove. Simply brush off all loose particles with a stainless steel brush before you start grilling. To prevent future build-up, after every grilling session, while the grill lid is warm-not hot-wipe it with paper towels or a mild soap-and-water solution."
I also thought that was peeling paint on our Weber grill a couple years ago. Found that same FAQ, cleaned it off and kept on grilling.

CAG #371

0:30 Thug Life in the 'burbs. Grills, air hockey.
10:00 Show Feedback
10:00 - RROD vs XB1 launch
12:15 Watch This:
12:15 - I Know That Voice
16:00 - The Leftovers
20:00 New Releases
20:00 - Sniper Elite III
27:00 - Guacamelee: Super Championship Turbo Edition
29:15 - Shovel Knight
31:45 - Bombing Bastards
34:00 - Divinity: Original Sin
35:45 - Castlevania III
37:00 PS4/Vita remote play
38:30 Destiny preorders
40:30 XBL cash sales
40:45 Wombat's Xbox Fitness update
48:30 Action Inc.
49:45 Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark
55:45 Retron 5
1:05:45 NHL 15
1:09:00 Crytek studio update
1:11:45 Q*bert
1:12:15 Ledolial
1:16:00 Social media and clickbait
1:19:45 Watch Dogs = ZZZzzz...
1:22:45 Stu*bert

Short Circuit reference for the win.

Re: Guacamelee Turbo there are new powers, couple new levels, one new boss in the turbo edition, and the DLC content (different power costumes + challenge rooms) are included. From my time in a normal and hard playthrough of the original I don't remember any blood, gore, bad language (there's no voice acting so they would have to be able to know how to spell it anyway), and maybe very slight innuendo. Depending how easily they frighten some of the enemies might be a little scary since they are skeletons.

Lots of people watching the transformers movies does not necessarily translate into lots of people watching the original animated program and a desire for a game staring the cast of the original character designs, I wouldn't be surprised if a large cross section of those watching it even knew it was based on/had watched the original run of the animated program.

Lots of people watching the transformers movies does not necessarily translate into lots of people watching the original animated program and a desire for a game staring the cast of the original character designs, I wouldn't be surprised if a large cross section of those watching it even knew it was based on/had watched the original run of the animated program.
But the games barely have the movie Transformers in them. These are space Transformers that nod heavily to the G1 designs.

I would like to hear the CAGcasts opinion on this idea.  Sure the Xbox One had bad messaging early on but did the often extremely loud PS fanboys amplified it and made it worse than it was?  I think people blew that way out of proportion from the very start.  Its been the hip move to trash the Xbox since 2009-2010.  

Also, is there a possible "curse of the third"?  The PS3 started awful due to Sony coming off a high with the PS2.  The Xbox 360 did great, did MS get too cocky also? 

That ios game Ladoliel is probably the dumbest thing I've ever downloaded sober. It's pretty much random. Evil likes kittens? Getouttahere. Leftovers is a cool show but it needs nudity to take it to the next level.

That ios game Ladoliel is probably the dumbest thing I've ever downloaded sober. It's pretty much random. Evil likes kittens? Getouttahere. Leftovers is a cool show but it needs nudity to take it to the next level.
I submit to you Ernst Stavro Blofield, Doctor Claw, and Dr. Evil.

Omg the guy who eats Hard Boiled eggs and no sugar Peanut Butter i think it's wombat.

Him...........uggh Again swirlie yourself into a poop filled toilet.

I bet he drives a Prius and drinks Naked Fruit Juice

Why do I listen to your guys podcast - But it is something to listen to while playing World of Tanks o that game sucks
If he's eating no sugar peanut butter to avoid sugar, he's probably not drinking Naked Fruit Juice.

[quote name="shipwreck" post="11907214" timestamp="1404931472"]I submit to you Ernst Stavro Blofield, Doctor Claw, and Dr. Evil.[/quote]

Touche!

bread's done
Back