Call of duty Ghosts - Xbox One $19.99 @ Amazon

No you don't. Trust me.

Unless you're a cod fan like me and you are gonna buy it regardless, get mad and swear off next year's cod then buy it anyway.
I swore off CoD after Modern Warfare 2, bought ghosts since there were so few launch titles for PS4 and Battlefield was (still is) a hot mess.

A lot of the complaints about the campaign and competitive multiplayer ring true. But the Extinction coop mode is some of the most fun squad-based coop I've played in a long time. So good that I bought the Season Pass and haven't regretted it at all.

The only reason I play this is for extinction. I can't wait for the return of Zombie Mode, sucks that the next game is by sledgehammer and not Treyarch. Welp, hurry 2015

Yeah. This one sucks. I went back to BO2, as well. Of course, everyone must feel the same, since this is the first time I've ever seen this kind of discounting with the current COD.

Why do people keeping posting about how much they hate COD, nobody cares. There's nothing wrong with this game, before people would say Battlefield was better now that it's broken piece of shit people just say this game is terrible without saying why. Get a life.

Ummm... people aren't saying they hate CoD. They're saying Ghosts sucked (except for extinction).  There's a huge difference.

If anyone is on the fence, save your money...

Is it worth it to pay the extra $3 just for Call of Duty Ghost's single player campaign for the 360 or PS3 version?
Don't have an Xbox One.

Just finished the Modern Warfare trilogy and might skip Black Ops 1/2 if I have extra money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people keeping posting about how much they hate COD, nobody cares. There's nothing wrong with this game, before people would say Battlefield was better now that it's broken piece of shit people just say this game is terrible without saying why. Get a life.
Nobody cares how much you hate Battlefield so uh....get a life?

No you don't. Trust me.

Unless you're a cod fan like me and you are gonna buy it regardless, get mad and swear off next year's cod then buy it anyway.
Honestly, I only play gun game xD

What's so bad about it, it seems the same to me.

Besides the whore that activation is I can't see the hate for the game

I know I'm not the only one that actually found the campaign to be good.

Multiplayer? Is that spawn system still fucked up? That was bad.

I've played every single CoD game from CoD1 all the way to CoD Ghosts. I don't completely understand the hate that Ghosts has spawned. I swear I am the opposite to everyone. While I think Treyarch makes decent titles, I have always preferred IW. I know they really aren't the same studio as a lot of the employees broke off and formed Respawn, I still prefer the IW titles. 

The issue I had with Black Ops 2 was that I felt the hit detection was terrible and there was huge lag compensation. Ghosts I feel has pretty good hit detection and minimal lag (I play on the Xbox One). The guns are pretty balanced and the maps have multiple routes allowing multiple flank routes. Every Call of Duty game has campers, there is no changing that aspect; it's part of the game. 

IW also listened to the community and went back to gun play rather than killstreaks. Black Ops 2 had some really overpowered killstreaks. VTOL Gunship? Lodestar? Compare these to the Chopper Gunner and the Loki and you can recognize that Black Ops 2 had some really powerful killstreaks. I also hated how Treyarch kept altering solid aspects of CoD. Black Ops 1 took out stackable killstreaks. Black Ops 2 removed point streaks and replaced them with score streaks and took out strike packages. Strike packages and point streaks were a great addition to MW3. I will say that Treyarch knocked it out of the park with the pick 10 system for perks though; that addition was amazing. 

To end the rant, I think $20 is a great price for Ghosts if you enjoy most if not all the Call of Duty games.

I've played every single CoD game from CoD1 all the way to CoD Ghosts. I don't completely understand the hate that Ghosts has spawned. I swear I am the opposite to everyone. While I think Treyarch makes decent titles, I have always preferred IW. I know they really aren't the same studio as a lot of the employees broke off and formed Respawn, I still prefer the IW titles.

The issue I had with Black Ops 2 was that I felt the hit detection was terrible and there was huge lag compensation. Ghosts I feel has pretty good hit detection and minimal lag (I play on the Xbox One). The guns are pretty balanced and the maps have multiple routes allowing multiple flank routes. Every Call of Duty game has campers, there is no changing that aspect; it's part of the game.

IW also listened to the community and went back to gun play rather than killstreaks. Black Ops 2 had some really overpowered killstreaks. VTOL Gunship? Lodestar? Compare these to the Chopper Gunner and the Loki and you can recognize that Black Ops 2 had some really powerful killstreaks. I also hated how Treyarch kept altering solid aspects of CoD. Black Ops 1 took out stackable killstreaks. Black Ops 2 removed point streaks and replaced them with score streaks and took out strike packages. Strike packages and point streaks were a great addition to MW3. I will say that Treyarch knocked it out of the park with the pick 10 system for perks though; that addition was amazing.

To end the rant, I think $20 is a great price for Ghosts if you enjoy most if not all the Call of Duty games.
Black Ops 2 did have powerful scorestreaks but they were available to everyone so there really isn't a balance issue there. And I really enjoyed the shift to scorestreaks as any positive actions to help your team was rewarded.

My problem with Ghosts is the insanely oversized maps, two shot kills on normal, and that camping became the unfortunate preferred style of play. Me and several friends all bought Ghosts and not one of us plays it anymore. Everyone I know is back to Black Ops 2. If I still had my 360 I would too.

Count me in as another who enjoyed the campaign.
Certainly not the greatest, but it kept me entertained while it lasted. And I have found Squads to be quite fun also. Don't have to deal with the idiot 12year olds online. Hell, I even have a blast with just the bots. They are much smarter that in the past, and it can be awesome just playing a split screen match against a friend with a couple of bots on each team.
No reason to just write it off if the online multiplayer is lousy, there are so many other ways to play this game.

I'm so so so tired of Retail games being cheaper than digital games...
That's why publishers/Microsoft/etc wants us to go all digital. And that's why we need to resist. Plus you can't even trade in digital games, making them that much more costly for those of us who see no value in replaying or keeping games.

It's been $20 for over a week.  Also, Madden and ACIV and Lego Marvel are (were?) $25.

I personally liked Ghosts' single player, and the multiplayer isn't any worse than any other recent CoD.  The maps are a bit too big for the player count and some game types (kill confirmed on Haven never ends before time runs out). 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back