BestBuy $70 Playstation Gold Headset GCU

Gamers club and gamers club unlocked are two different things.

This falls under gamers club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony accessory sale is next week. Maybe the Gold Headset will be included for an even better discount.

Sony accessory sale is next week. Maybe the Gold Headset will be included for an even better discount.
I sincerely hope the DualShock 4 will be on sale. I've been waiting a long time for a sale on the DualShock 4, and I am not setting foot into a Kmart or Target to get it.

This headset seems to have pretty good reviews. I was told the pulse elite was better, but judging the reviews, the gold headset is better. I currently have A40 Astro's, but would like to get from underneath the cords. Hmmmm

This headset seems to have pretty good reviews. I was told the pulse elite was better, but judging the reviews, the gold headset is better. I currently have A40 Astro's, but would like to get from underneath the cords. Hmmmm
I got the Gold last week, and have been enjoying them immensely. No sound lag, no glitches, pops, cutouts etc. And very comfortable (which I was surprised by, since I find very few headphones comfortable except for my high-end Sennheisers).

Well worth $70.

Thanks for the input William. About how long would you say the charge lasts? And how long do they take to recharge? Are there any headsets that you personally can compare them against?

Thanks for the input William. About how long would you say the charge lasts? And how long do they take to recharge? Are there any headsets that you personally can compare them against?
I've no idea how long the charge lasts, sorry. I've used them maybe 5 or 6 hours so far. I've tried some Trittons a while ago, which felt awful on my head, and just had a lot of popping/clicking. I've also got some Turtle Beach PX-21 which aren't as good, either.

Quite honestly, go for it. Best Buy's return policy has you covered if you don't like 'em.

I bought the headset a few days ago even though my original Playstation wireless stereo headset is still going strong after almost 3 years.  The $10 gift card did not stack with the $70 sale price, but I'm enjoying the headset so far and I think it is worth the price.

Well, I ended up picking up a set of these yesterday. Out of the box, the setup of these is super easy. Downloaded the companion app and tried a couple different setups. The headset sounds really good. Voice chat is nice and clear also. Only game I tried them with was Destiny, which I played for about 4 hours. While they aren't as comfortable as my A40's, they didn't really bother me. For the price of these, you really can't beat em. Truly wireless is what I wanted and I think I can safely put away the A40's and all of the wires she packs :)

I bought the headset a few days ago even though my original Playstation wireless stereo headset is still going strong after almost 3 years. The $10 gift card did not stack with the $70 sale price, but I'm enjoying the headset so far and I think it is worth the price.
Uh, it should have. It was very clear on their site that you get the $10 gift card when you buy this headset for $70. I got the gift card just fine!

I couldn't get the $10 gift card to stack on the website, always kept showing up as $9.99 during checkout.  I went into the store today, had a printout of the $30 coupon with me.  There were a lot of Wii accessories on clearance as well, I picked up a Turtlebeach N11 msrp $50 was on sale for $20.  

I brought a blank gift card with me, the gift card didn't show up at the end of checkout so the cashier had to call over a manager who overrode it after looking at this weeks print Best Buy ad and seeing it should have.  I suspect the $30 Gamer Club coupon cancelled out the $10 gift card or who knows what, but end of the day got the headset for $60 - $10gc + tax.  Didn't try to also stack the 10% movers coupon since I figured I was pushing it already.

I bought the headset a couple weeks ago but yesterday lost the USB wireless key. Looked online and from my searches it looks like if you lose the USB you are left with a non working headset. Just a warning for people buying these headsets.

I bought the headset a couple weeks ago but yesterday lost the USB wireless key. Looked online and from my searches it looks like if you lose the USB you are left with a non working headset. Just a warning for people buying these headsets.
I imagine if you lose the USB key you can't use it on the PS4/PS3. The 3MM Headphone cable will probably still allow you to use it through Mobile Devices and the Xbox One. Also doesn't the PS4's controller have a Headphone jack port to?

I imagine if you lose the USB key you can't use it on the PS4/PS3. The 3MM Headphone cable will probably still allow you to use it through Mobile Devices and the Xbox One. Also doesn't the PS4's controller have a Headphone jack port to?
If you lose the wireless dongle you still can use it with the PS4 via the 3.5mm jack on the DS4.

The controller does. I'll try it out later. I was using the headset with my laptop more then my ps4. Maybe it's a sign to buy some real nice headset that I can use for my PC and PS4. Anyone have suggestions for wireless headset for music with bass and that also works with the ps3/4 price doesn't matter.

Bought the last pair at my best buy and used the infamous movers coupon with my GCU discount. Got the phones cheaper but it killed the gift card...

Gift Card isn't supposed to be stacking anyway I'm just not sure why Best Buy ran two promotions on the same item when they don't stack.

Not valid in combination with other offers. One free gift card per browser session. Gift card will ship separately and is not available for store pickup.

bread's done
Back