Thief - $17 w/ free shipping @ Gamefly

Just picked up my copy from Gamefly for just a bit over $12 with my $5 Gamefly rewards coupon. Thanks OP! This GF membership sure does come in handy!

You must have not played it then. I'd say the price is more than worth the purchase
Nah, I'm just really, really cheap. My backlog is so immense that a game that I'm mildly interested in playing has to drop to the $9.99-$14.99 range for me to even consider it.

EDIT: Lightning Returns: FFXIII is also on sale, for $24.99 with free shipping.

PS3: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII/5004564/

360: http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII/5004563/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for this moment in the time space continuum.

Cheap Thief, short plat (25ish hrs), good flip back to 'zon all for under $1 

Hmm, whether to purchase Thief or just wait a few weeks till TLoU Remastered...

Nah, I'm just really, really cheap. My backlog is so immense that a game that I'm mildly interested in playing has to drop to the $9.99-$14.99 range for me to even consider it.

EDIT: Lightning Returns: FFXIII is also on sale, for $24.99 with free shipping.

PS3: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII/5004564/

360: http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII/5004563/
Bahaha, On sale for $25? Lemme know when it's $9.99 and then we'll talk. ;)

On a serious note, have any of you guys played it and found the game better than the previous two? I never even got through beating FFXIII-2, but I'm still tempted to play this once it drops lower.

You must have not played it then. I'd say the price is more than worth the purchase
For some of us, $19.99 is the upper bound of any game buy in price (except for HTFs and OOPs) due to immense backlogs, so by this standard, $17 represents a superb quality game, which I doubt Thief is even though I have not played it.

Got Thief PC from Steam sale...heard the console version don't run as well. For Lightning Returns 15 dollars or less and it will get a buy...just don't want it that badly.

1- Just because you think its worth it doesn't mean it automatically is for everyone. I played it and it sucks, hence why it completely disappeared off the map after release.

2- If his backlog is like mine then buying a game he isn't that interested in when it will be cheaper is stupid. It will be -10 before the year is out.

this game is basically a poor man's dishonored.
Lol...which was basically a poor man's Thief. Well, not really. Dishonored and the new Thief are both really good, IMHO. But the original Thief games are some of my favorites of all time, and Dishonored (admittedly/purposefully) borrowed a lot from those (right down to eerily similar sound effects), and the new Thief sort of borrowed from Dishonored. Sort of a weird Thief->Dishonored->Thief cycle.

Lol...which was basically a poor man's Thief. Well, not really. Dishonored and the new Thief are both really good, IMHO. But the original Thief games are some of my favorites of all time, and Dishonored (admittedly/purposefully) borrowed a lot from those (right down to eerily similar sound effects), and the new Thief sort of borrowed from Dishonored. Sort of a weird Thief->Dishonored->Thief cycle.
To sum it up, it's like the human centipede.

Tempting been wanting to try this for awhile not but I think I'll wait for it to go lower. I'm still working on 100%'ing Watch Dogs, and playing Titanfall on the side.

How do games arrive from GameFly? I mean, do they have the retail case? Do the have a GF sticker on them? I would really like to own this game but like others have said, I'll hold out for a bit cheaper. Yes, I do also have a sealed GOTY Dishonored sitting in my back log that I should play.

How do games arrive from GameFly? I mean, do they have the retail case? Do the have a GF sticker on them? I would really like to own this game but like others have said, I'll hold out for a bit cheaper. Yes, I do also have a sealed GOTY Dishonored sitting in my back log that I should play.
Imagine buying a new game and removing the plastic wrapper. That's how GF games arrive to me. O:) Complete with online pass and manuals and map (if the game has it). I guess I was one of the lucky ones that never had any problems after all the numerous games I bought from them.

After much contemplation, I decided to pick a copy up on PS4. I was planning on getting this the day it came out for $60 anyways. Plus, I've been away from playstation systems for a while (been playing too much Nintendo) and I'm itching to get my trophy hoarding back on! ;)

Awesome was trying to get a trade or wait till this was $20. Nearly bought it for $30 from MS store.

Played the demo and it seems like a solid game held back by some technical issues.

bread's done
Back