Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Gaming Keyboard for 39.99+1.99 shipping

syrdiman

CAGiversary!
I just found this Newegg deal while checking my e-mail. Its a pretty good deal considering the quality of the keyboard. If your fortunate you wont be charged tax so thats an added plus.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191

You can try to price match this at amazon with this link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZV51DI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1LME9H612KHB5

*Remember that you have to scroll down to Product details and click on "tell us about a lower price?" in order to price match.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't deny the clicky allure of blue-switched mechanical keyboards, but if you're looking for something quieter this is a solid choice.
MX Cherry Brown switches aren't particularly loud. I'm neeeeeeever going back to a non-mechanical keyboard. I'd wondered why keyboards used to rock and now suck...until I heard about the whole mechanical thing.

Unfortunately I'm not clear what this year's Razer keyboards are using...they did use Blue and Brown switches, but it almost sounds like this year's models don't use Cherry switches anymore :whistle2:/ Might have to find a new brand for the next keyboard I buy.

MX Cherry Brown switches aren't particularly loud. I'm neeeeeeever going back to a non-mechanical keyboard. I'd wondered why keyboards used to rock and now suck...until I heard about the whole mechanical thing.

Unfortunately I'm not clear what this year's Razer keyboards are using...they did use Blue and Brown switches, but it almost sounds like this year's models don't use Cherry switches anymore :whistle2:/ Might have to find a new brand for the next keyboard I buy.
To each their own, I'm not a fan of the feel/action of brown or red switches. I find them firm and unsatisfying.

I've yet to try any of the less common variants (black, white, green, etc.), but the blues are lovely. I'm just not sure I could completely sure I could adjust to the noise factor.

Though to be fair, it's pretty hard to type very quietly on anything but those awful chiclet keyboards.

bread's done
Back