* * * * - 8 votes

Destiny "Ghost" Edition Pre Orders Walmart.com - OOS

Xbox Sony PS3 PS4 360 One Destiny Collectable Limited Amazon

#61 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

I ordered 2x Ghost (1 for PS4 and 1 for Xbox One), and 2x Limited.  Why?  Because I can't make up my mind on what edition I want, or what console I want it for.  I figure I'll cancel 3 of those orders closer to the release date.

Unless they require you to pay in full, I'd recommend doing something similar if you can't make up your mind.  They seem to be selling out rather rapidly.  Since Best Buy just requires an authorization, I don't see it as a big deal.

#62 sixteenvolt420   Hidefninja.com CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

sixteenvolt420

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

I ended up having to order a PS4 version from here, since everybody else seems to be sold out. I just wish they would've given me the instore pick-up option, instead of having to get it shipped to me.

#63 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23552 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Best Buy now has the Ghost Editions- I just ordered one for my Xbox One and PS4.

Take a look.. a great deal if you have Gamer's Unlocked

PS4 http://www.bestbuy.c...x9Bsel2TsXEUkMQ

Xbox One http://www.bestbuy.c...stiny&lp=2&cp=1

Xbox 360 http://www.bestbuy.c...stiny&lp=3&cp=1

Ps3 http://www.bestbuy.c...stiny&lp=4&cp=1

Enjoy!

Fucking serious? PS4 already sold out... insane. 

#64 josemp81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

josemp81

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Can someone please explain why the "ghost" edition is so wanted? What is all the hype about? This is one of the most hyped up special edition ever!

#65 ghost1914  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Can someone please explain why the "ghost" edition is so wanted? What is all the hype about? This is one of the most hyped up special edition ever!

First game released by bungie since halo? First bungie ps4 game? These are my best guesses.

#66 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

in all honesty unless u wanna pay 50 extra bucks for what looks to be a small cheaply made toy id just go limited edition personally after looking further

#67 Afflicted   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Afflicted

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

So you can listen to this soundclip over and over?

https://www.youtube....h?v=nFIA37nFDog

#68 gabujabu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

gabujabu

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

I have this pre-ordered for PS4 from both Walmart and Newegg. I missed Amazon/Gamestop/BB. Of the two, do you know which is more reliable with Collector's editions, in terms of actually getting what you pre-ordered? I once ordered one from Newegg and it never shipped because they did not get enough stock. I have tax at Walmart but not Newegg. Thanks!

#69 panda911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   996 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

panda911

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Everyone wants it because it's sold out.

#70 Zan-Datsu   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

I have this pre-ordered for PS4 from both Walmart and Newegg. I missed Amazon/Gamestop/BB. Of the two, do you know which is more reliable with Collector's editions, in terms of actually getting what you pre-ordered? I once ordered one from Newegg and it never shipped because they did not get enough stock. I have tax at Walmart but not Newegg. Thanks!

From what I've read in the past, Newegg seems to be notorious when it comes to pre-orders due to the exact reason you mentioned. It's a good idea to have a backup plan (which you seem to have with Walmart).

Haven't really purchased any games from Walmart since God of War III CE, so it's been a couple of years. However the CE came in pristine conditions. No gripes from me.

I'd just keep both pre-orders up until the NewEgg one ships. If it doesn't, at least you'll still have your Walmart pre-order.

#71 Vlad Impaler7   I've got Nada 3!! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Vlad Impaler7

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

Has anyone tried ordering the Ghost Edition at Walmart in store? I just called a local Walmart and the guy seemed to think if they didn't have the little cards for that edition then they couldn't do it in store.

Also how does preordering at Walmart.com work? Do they take the whole amount out when you preorder or does the payment come out when it ships? Also how hard is it to cancel a preorder at Walmart.com? I have a bunch of Amazon credit and if it becomes available at Amazon again I would definitely rather order it from there.

#72 CaptainZaraki   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

CaptainZaraki

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

I don't think Walmart charges until it ships.  I looked on there FAQ and it says that on orders they make authorization with your card company you have but don't charge till it ships.  I just pre ordered through Walmart and haven't seen a charge yet.

#73 ghost1914  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Sold out now for ps4

#74 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44276 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Pre-ordered one for X1 just in case I can't snag one at Best Buy.  Thanks OP.

#75 Vlad Impaler7   I've got Nada 3!! CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Vlad Impaler7

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

I don't think Walmart charges until it ships. I looked on there FAQ and it says that on orders they make authorization with your card company you have but don't charge till it ships. I just pre ordered through Walmart and haven't seen a charge yet.

Earlier today I sent an email to Walmart.com customer service asking about this.

Hi .,

We are glad to assist with your inquiries regarding our video games pre-orders, in this case an authorization hold will be placed trough your payment method to ensure that there are available funds at the moment of billing, you will be billed as soon as your order ships, however if you pay trough paypal you will be charged immediately. If you decide to cancel the order the authorization hold will be removed within 3-5 days as soon as your order is not in shipping process yet.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Allan A.

So technically they don't charge you but there would be a hold on the entire amount in your account from the time you order it. Which might as well be charging you because it would not have it in your available funds. This sucks because I can't have a $150 hold on my checking account from now till September.

C'mon Amazon, get the Ghost Edition back in stock!

#76 linkblc   Dis Guy CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I was able to pre-order PS4 Ghost on walmart.com yesterday around 1:50pm EST. Hoping it isn't canceled. 

#77 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

First game released by bungie since halo? First bungie ps4 game? These are my best guesses.

plus nothing much to play really next gen that rocks lol

#78 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

plus nothing much to play really next gen that rocks lol

Yeah, until October. Then it is like wtf why are they releasing everything in one month?!?!?!

#79 Leftykins  

Leftykins

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, until October. Then it is like wtf why are they releasing everything in one month?!?!?!

RIP bank account :'(

Destiny is gonna be good, I know it's also going to be on last gen but really it is a PS4 and XB1 game. I'd actually like to see some comparison videos of the current and last gen versions.

#80 Pneub   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Will the limited editions be back in stock before launch on amazon?

#81 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7614 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

Will the limited editions be back in stock before launch on amazon?

It's very possible. I've seen several LE come back at Amazon, GameStop, Etc. When you have sites that charge when items ship, you get cancellations before hand, or maxed out CC, and you'll see several cancellations. I also believe some of the major retailers get extra stock once allocations have been made. The biggest issue isn't "if" it will happen, it's normally a matter of "when".

I've gotten several games after release on Amazon, and GS when there where sold out at launch. Bravely Default, Persona 4 Golden, The Last Of Us. As long as a company doesn't under deliver a game, you'll always see extra's at some point, but it may be hard to catch. Normally I luck up and happen to be on CAG at the right time, but I've missed a few games over the years due to the wrong times. LOL

#82 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

More stock will return after the start of the Betas because people will cancel after they get their free code.

#83 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6485 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

More stock will return after the start of the Betas because people will cancel after they get their free code.

Unlikely.  Why would someone preorder the Limited or CE just to get a beta code when they could just preorder the regular edition?  You will probably see some stock of those editions a week or so before release as people start to have their credit cards reauthorized by Gamestop and people cancel their Amazon preorders.  I wouldn't count on BB putting more stock up, at least not until after release.   

#84 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

I got my beta code from amazon, but did anyone get one from newegg yet? If so where did it come from?

#85 shawnmelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

shawnmelo

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

just got an email from walmart saying they cancelled my order for the ghost edition, so heads up to anyone who ordered, you might get cancelled.

#86 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

just got am email from walmart saying they cancelled my order for the ghost edition, so heads up to anyone who ordered, you might get cancelled.

Lol, at everyone saying this would be mass produced.

#87 InfernoCage  

InfernoCage

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

just got an email from walmart saying they cancelled my order for the ghost edition, so heads up to anyone who ordered, you might get cancelled.

Same here, a bunch of bull, are they not getting them after all or what? It would suck so much to know only some people got their orders cancelled and some others didn't. Either way, its still bull because either they had enough in stock to be selling them online that day or didn't and I ordered the first day.

#88 shawnmelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   547 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

shawnmelo

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

luckily i still have my amazon order but, i wanted to secure a second one just in case amazons come beat up or something like i have had in the past. hopefully others get their orders.

#89 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

Why is everyone going crazy for this ghost edition?

#90 Jimmienoman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3547 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Jimmienoman

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Why is everyone going crazy for this ghost edition?

Because its bungie and they have actually made limited editions that are limited before. Let alone the last few CEs for Halo games went for massive amounts of money.

Reach had the flaming helmet that topped out at like $160 on eBay. Halo 3 CEs brought good money.

4 not so much but that wasn't a bungie title.

For a collector they have had nice items before and distinctive in game items. The reach figurine was pretty good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox, Sony, PS3, PS4, 360, One, Destiny, Collectable, Limited, Amazon