Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 - Best Buy $19.99 $15.99 GCU

For someone who does not care one bit for multiplayer, does this game offer a good enough single player campaign to play though it at this price?

For someone who does not care one bit for multiplayer, does this game offer a good enough single player campaign to play though it at this price?
Yes.

The MP is pretty fun though.

Edit: Changing to maybe as I forgot to do the obligatory "wait, it should be on plus eventually"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

The MP is pretty fun though.

Edit: Changing to maybe as I forgot to do the obligatory "wait, it should be on plus eventually"
I might hold off for the eventual $10 sale. I do prefer physical copies of the game vs digital (hence I do not have ps+) Can I play this game w/out ps+ on PS4? PS+ only grants multiplayer access right?

Has there been another current gen launch title that was supposed to be AAA that has been $20 as often as this has been in the first 8 months of its life? Damn...almost makes me sad for this game if it wasn't such a boring piece of street trash once the ooohs and ahhhs of the visuals wear off.

I might hold off for the eventual $10 sale. I do prefer physical copies of the game vs digital (hence I do not have ps+) Can I play this game w/out ps+ on PS4? PS+ only grants multiplayer access right?
You dont have plus? Do you have a ps3 and or vita as well? Sorry but pretty silly to not get plus, even if you like physical. Especially with a ps4 as right now all the games you get are digital only to begin with. Already got prolly like 100 dollars (just a guess) worth of digital only games through plus since buying a ps4 day one. If you have a Triple and a Vita, even MORE reason to get plus.

Has there been another current gen launch title that was supposed to be AAA that has been $20 as often as this has been in the first 8 months of its life? Damn...almost makes me sad for this game if it wasn't such a boring piece of street trash once the ooohs and ahhhs of the visuals wear off.
I dont get the hate for the game, its not terrible. Its not OMG THIS IS AMAZING, but its a fairly decent experience.

Yeah, it's a pretty good FPS. I'm not sure if I liked it or 3 better (haven't played Mercenary yet and it's supposed to be excellent).

It's not going to change your life but it's a good regular FPS.

EDIT: This should go without saying, but be sure to stay through the credits...

I liked Knack a lot more though, as far as exclusives I've played so far go.

damn I dont own a PS4 yet, not even thinking about getting one till next year but I am debating on getting this now so I have something when I buy one. 

You dont have plus? Do you have a ps3 and or vita as well? Sorry but pretty silly to not get plus, even if you like physical. Especially with a ps4 as right now all the games you get are digital only to begin with. Already got prolly like 100 dollars (just a guess) worth of digital only games through plus since buying a ps4 day one. If you have a Triple and a Vita, even MORE reason to get plus.

I dont get the hate for the game, its not terrible. Its not OMG THIS IS AMAZING, but its a fairly decent experience.
I have ps3/4 and vita and I did have plus for a few months, but the digital games I got from them for ps+, I did not even have a chance to play. The only reason I had a sub was to maximize some digital only purchases on vita/ps3. I'll only have a spotty sub when I purchase more games that are digital only.

I just got my PS4 the other day and already had a couple of good deals from Best Buy. I got MLB 14 for $31.99 and now Killzone for $15.99. That $30 GCU membership I got has paid for itself 10x over,,,

I just got my PS4 the other day and already had a couple of good deals from Best Buy. I got MLB 14 for $31.99 and now Killzone for $15.99. That $30 GCU membership I got has paid for itself 10x over,,,
Yeah, serious miscalculation on BB's part - they only meant for it to pay for itself roughly 4x over.

Also, since I ended up posting in this thread, surprised no one has mentioned that the KZ deal is in the weekly ad.

The only KZ game I ever played was the first and I didn't like it too much... but for $20, I'll bite, if for no other reason to just hold me over until Destiny or something else comes out. In for one, thanks OP. This ought to hold me over for a little while.

bread's done
Back