* * * - - 10 votes

BestBuy Destiny Limited Edition/ ghost edition Up for preodering, get in on the discount with GCU!

#1 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13365 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Xbox 360 Destiny Limited Edition >
Xbox One Destiny Limited Edition >
PS3 Destiny Limited Edition >
PS4 Destiny Limited Edition >

Xbox 360 Destiny Ghost Edition >
Xbox One Destiny Ghost Edition >
PS3 Destiny Ghost Edition >
PS4 Destiny Ghost Edition >

delete if repost, or unnecessary.

I know this is not a deal, but everyone seems to post this type of announcement msrp deal now. so i will join in on the fun.

#2 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Can you preorder with RZ certs?

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#3 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26937 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Can you preorder with RZ certs?

Yes.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HarmoKnight; Pokemon Y :ps4: Rocket League; Shadow Warrior  :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Geometry Wars 3; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:   :ps4: Ether One (4.0/5) :vita: God of War II (4.25/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#4 Dund3r   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

What's their preorder cancellation policy? I'd like to do an instore pickup but may be moving before 9/9.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#5 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13365 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

What's their preorder cancellation policy? I'd like to do an instore pickup but may be moving before 9/9.

the $5 preorder in store should be open. if you want to be cheap. there is no penalty with cancellation

#6 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   1720 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

The LE version of this game doesn't get the $10 in rewards for preordering it, does it?

So I just started a blog that looks at childhood heroes through the eyes of a jaded adult.  You should totally mash your mouse with the palm of your hand repeatedly until you click on my link;      https://godsofpaper.wordpress.com/

#7 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26937 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

The LE version of this game doesn't get the $10 in rewards for preordering it, does it?

It sure does. All LE/CE versions of an eligible game get the $10 in points back.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HarmoKnight; Pokemon Y :ps4: Rocket League; Shadow Warrior  :vita: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition; Geometry Wars 3; Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:   :ps4: Ether One (4.0/5) :vita: God of War II (4.25/5)

#8 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   1720 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

It sure does. All LE/CE versions of an eligible game get the $10 in points back.

Thank you for the quick reply.  Preordered.

So I just started a blog that looks at childhood heroes through the eyes of a jaded adult.  You should totally mash your mouse with the palm of your hand repeatedly until you click on my link;      https://godsofpaper.wordpress.com/

#9 ConkerFun   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

ConkerFun

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Is this game online only like Titanfall? If so, I'm not interested.

Is this LE the only edition? No CE?

#10 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13365 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

yes, without internet connection. you can't play the game at all.

#11 Dund3r   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

the $5 preorder in store should be open. if you want to be cheap. there is no penalty with cancellation

Thanks. I know their preorder cancellations aren't as flexible as Amazon so I'll wait a bit. I don't need the Ghost, steel book, or all of the paper crap that comes in the LE. I can always buy the expansion pack later if I want.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#12 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26937 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Like YBX87 said, you need an online connection to play. There's three editions in all: the standard edition with just the game, this Limited Edition, and the Ghost Edition which includes everything from the LE plus a Ghost "figurine" for $50 more.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#13 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13365 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Like YBX87 said, you need an online connection to play. There's three editions in all: the standard edition with just the game, this Limited Edition, and the Ghost Edition which includes everything from the LE plus a Ghost "figurine" for $50 more.

the figurine is red robot, which will also appear as the red in game for you as well. it is unique because every other player without the ghost edition uses the white one, instead of the red. it is basically like gta v collector edition that comes with the exclusive dlc for cars that cannot be purchases anywhere else.

#14 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13365 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Thanks. I know their preorder cancellations aren't as flexible as Amazon so I'll wait a bit. I don't need the Ghost, steel book, or all of the paper crap that comes in the LE. I can always buy the expansion pack later if I want.

then you can just wait till last minute to order the standard edition.

#15 Django Freeman   CAG Lover CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Django Freeman

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

I know this is not a deal, but everyone seems to post this type of announcement msrp deal now. so i will join in on the fun.

See, now I posted the thread about the Ghost Edition, because A) I was unaware that there was a post specific to posting links to Collector's Ed. And B) Because I was genuinely trying to help out CAGs that wanted to pre order the extremely limited CE. You're reason for posting a MSRP deal is because "Everyone is doing it, so why not?" with full knowledge that there is a place for this thread and because you want to be a little prick about it.

Want a Free Month of GameFly? Click the following link for details>>>>> http://www.cheapassg...in-the-process/

Try 1 month of Loot Crate (Normally $20+ w/ S&H) for about $15.50 (S&H Included)  by following the instructions >>>  http://www.cheapassg...k-referral-link

#16 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13365 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

See, now I posted the thread about the Ghost Edition, because A) I was unaware that there was a post specific to posting links to Collector's Ed. And B) Because I was genuinely trying to help out CAGs that wanted to pre order the extremely limited CE. You're reason for posting a MSRP deal is because "Everyone is doing it, so why not?" with full knowledge that there is a place for this thread and because you want to be a little prick about it.

O, please forgive me, your highness.

#17 Flacksguy  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

C'mon Best Buy, put the Ghost Edition up....
"Once a year,
go someplace you've never been before"

#18 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

C'mon Best Buy, put the Ghost Edition up....

Did they say if they will be selling the Ghost edition as well?

#19 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26937 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Did they say if they will be selling the Ghost edition as well?

They did, and they will.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#20 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2064 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I just realized that the Limited Edition includes an "Expansion Pass" which appears to be like a season pass for DLC.  Is this correct?  Do we know how much the Season Pass would be on it's own?  I don't care too much about the other stuff (although I wouldn't mind it), but if it makes sense for DLC that I'll likely buy anyway, I would go ahead and get the LE.

#21 ghost1914  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

I just realized that the Limited Edition includes an "Expansion Pass" which appears to be like a season pass for DLC. Is this correct? Do we know how much the Season Pass would be on it's own? I don't care too much about the other stuff (although I wouldn't mind it), but if it makes sense for DLC that I'll likely buy anyway, I would go ahead and get the LE.

It includes the first 2 expansions which sold separately would be $35

#22 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26937 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

I just realized that the Limited Edition includes an "Expansion Pass" which appears to be like a season pass for DLC.  Is this correct?  Do we know how much the Season Pass would be on it's own?  I don't care too much about the other stuff (although I wouldn't mind it), but if it makes sense for DLC that I'll likely buy anyway, I would go ahead and get the LE.

The pass is for the two upcoming DLC expansions that will eventually release at $20 each.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#23 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

The pass is for the two upcoming DLC expansions that will eventually release at $20 each.

That's the only thing making me think about the Limited Edition, but I really need to try the beta next week to see if I want to drop $70 (after GCU and $10 back) on a game.

#24 razorracer83   I got the need for speed. CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

razorracer83

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for that SKU to go up for preorder at Best Buy.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#25 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

I put an order for the Limited Edition. 

1) I like steelbook cases

2) Essentially stretching out my 20% GCU discount on their season pass. GCU really needs to add in a program to get discounts on buying PSN/XBL/Nintendo Club cards

3) Plus I still get the $10 pre-order bonus.

:3ds: : ---       :psp: : ---

:br: /   :dvd:  : Hunter x Hunter (Netflix)

:pc: : ---

:wiiu: : Splatoon        :xb1: : Smite 

:ps4: : Destiny

#26 merchie89   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

I got the destiny ps4 paid off, but as always you could get this LE and sell the DLC and make some decent money. The golden days of selling free DLC for $100...

or im sure the LE itsellf will go for about $150 or so around release

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#27 chubbyninja1319   Ghost Rider in the Sky CAGiversary!   4600 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

I know. The Halo Reach LE paid for itself and then some. Those were the days. 😉

chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#28 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2064 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

It includes the first 2 expansions which sold separately would be $35

This essentially makes the Steelbook and other minor DLC about $5 which seems pretty good.  With GCU, it's almost a no-brainer (assuming someone wants the game day one and the game is actually good).

#29 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Yes.

True?

When I tried pre-ordering in store for Watch Dogs they said I couldn't use my RZ Certifs ,

They did however did some customer service and took the 20$ off at pick up since my Certifs expired before it released

amiibo Hunters unite!

Get together with other amiibo Hunters in your area in the IRC Chat Room here

http://client01.chat...channel=#amiibo

#30 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   26937 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

True?

When I tried pre-ordering in store for Watch Dogs they said I couldn't use my RZ Certifs ,

They did however did some customer service and took the 20$ off at pick up since my Certifs expired before it released

In-store you can't since you aren't required to pay for the entire item then, but since you do for online preorders, you can use certificates on them.

Cloud_Squall78.png