Vita Thumbstick Attachment on Ebay? Anyone own this?

jughead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (99%)
Hey guys. I've been looking for a way to improve my precision/control on the vita. The sticks are too small and not tall enough for me. None of the attachments I've seen this far address the issue of how much surface area or how much depth the sticks have. The closest thing I have found that would work for me are some 3-D printed stick attachments but they are only in the concept phase on the Internet. I have periodically checked eBay for a potential solution and today I happened to stumble across these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151349921228?redirect=mobile

Has anyone tried these? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way about the Vita thumb sticks.

PS this is not an advertisement. EBay just so happen to be the only place that had this item on sale. I am genuinely looking for a more comfortable/precise experience when playing the vita. If no one has demoed these and I haven't heard anything by the end of the weekend, I will order them and give my impressions once they arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I've been looking for a way to improve my precision/control on the vita. The sticks are too small and not tall enough for me. None of the attachments I've seen this far address the issue of how much surface area or how much depth the sticks have. The closest thing I have found that would work for me are some 3-D printed stick attachments but they are only in the concept phase on the Internet. I have periodically checked eBay for a potential solution and today I happened to stumble across these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151349921228?redirect=mobile

Has anyone tried these? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way about the Vita thumb sticks.

PS this is not an advertisement. EBay just so happen to be the only place that had this item on sale. I am genuinely looking for a more comfortable/precise experience when playing the vita. If no one has demoed these and I haven't heard anything by the end of the weekend, I will order them and give my impressions once they arrive.
Look really good, order and let us all know how they are.

The attachments arrived today.  I'm happy to report that they are a dramatic upgrade to the thumbsticks!  It is hard to believe someone hasn't manufactured these on a large scale yet.  My impressions:

Excited About

• They more than double the total height the stick protrude from the body of the Vita
  • The Xbox One stick surface is a bonus.  It feels good to touch.
  • The attachments are made of a pretty firm plastic and snap on with ease.   Putting them on was 100 times easier than putting the rubber stick caps you can buy online.
  • The improvement feels so good, it doesn't even feel like a "trigger grip" attachment will be necessary (to prevent hand cramps) anymore.  I may be wrong but it certainly feels that way.
Concerns

• While it appears sturdily built, I could see how it would be possible to wear these out if you are rough with it.  I pulled the sticks to the side with the caps on with more force than I would ever use in a game and they didn't act like they wanted to come off. 
  • Probably the biggest thing I worry about is playing a game which heavily utilizes the right stick and the X button.  The right stick's protrusion seems like it will get in the way when trying to make time-precise taps on the X button.
Beyond that, I'm really excited to play games with this new attachment.  I've bought two trigger grips, thumbstick covers and a carrying case.  This is by far the accessory that has impressed me the most.  Without using it to play games (big caveat), I'd give this accessory an A+.  For 10 bucks, you don't have too much to lose.  Let me know if you're interested in any pics that may not be available on the guy's listing.  I hope this has been helpful.  

Edit - Just gave Luftrausers a shot.  While not a dual stick game, there is definitely a marked improvement in my comfort while playing.  I suck pretty bad so I'm not sure if it helped my precision or not.  

That would be me sir

I'm extremely happy that people like it much more than I expected. I originally made them for myself and took some pics and posted it on /r/Vita on Reddit and I got a bit of a response. Some people PM'd me begging me to make them a pair. I bought some supplies and threw them up on eBay and stumbled upon your review.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

That would be me sir

I'm extremely happy that people like it much more than I expected. I originally made them for myself and took some pics and posted it on /r/Vita on Reddit and I got a bit of a response. Some people PM'd me begging me to make them a pair. I bought some supplies and threw them up on eBay and stumbled upon your review.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Hey! Thanks a lot. Great mod! I'm surprised there hasn't been a stronger response on here. It really is a game changer. I'll leave you feedback shortly. If I were you, I'd pitch this to one of the peripheral marketers; it's far better than anything they have to offer. On amazon; with a little brand recognition; you'd probably do well for yourself.

Btw, it probably won't be long until someone blows this thread up for not being in the trading forum. Maybe you can list them in there, or the auction sub forum. You need some more exposure anyways. You'll get more there than you will in here.

Btw, it probably won't be long until someone blows this thread up for not being in the trading forum. Maybe you can list them in there, or the auction sub forum. You need some more exposure anyways. You'll get more there than you will in here.
Thanks for the tip. I'm not that familiar with existing forums here and I know I should expose these more.

I just got an Xbox One and after using it I basically decided to mod all my controllers to have the analogs.  Although I feel overall the DS4 is a better controller, the Xbox One thumbsticks are far superior.  Nice thing they fit right in.

This is perfect though for the Vita!  I don't even own one (yet) but I know I'll be buying a pair.  Do you plan on making these for a while?

I just got an Xbox One and after using it I basically decided to mod all my controllers to have the analogs. Although I feel overall the DS4 is a better controller, the Xbox One thumbsticks are far superior. Nice thing they fit right in.

This is perfect though for the Vita! I don't even own one (yet) but I know I'll be buying a pair. Do you plan on making these for a while?
As long as they keep selling, ill keep making them. I put Xbox thumbsticks in my Wii U gamepad. They also fit perfectly.

Do you sell them on amazon as well? I have a ton of amazon credit from bing rewards I would be happy to spend on these. That way I can stay under the radar with my wife. I have spent about $900 in the last month on transformers. I am on time out.

Do you sell them on amazon as well? I have a ton of amazon credit from bing rewards I would be happy to spend on these. That way I can stay under the radar with my wife. I have spent about $900 in the last month on transformers. I am on time out.
Sorry I don't sell on Amazon. I don't have time to set it up and Ebay is far more convenient for me.

Just placed an order after playing Uncharted for the first time and couldn't hit the side of a barn. I'm really hoping these help.

My wife gave me a Vita for Christmas so I finally attached the thumb attachments I bought months ago.  Pretty awesome on the Vita Slim and it fits well in the case I received.  Definitely a better feel to the sticks.

I actually have a question.  Does the original vita have more space between the thumbsticks and the down on dpad and x buttons?  On the slim with the attachments you have to kind of move your thumb around the sticks and be careful not to move them/they get in the way.  It's not anything major and it's unavoidable, I'm just wondering.

I actually have a question. Does the original vita have more space between the thumbsticks and the down on dpad and x buttons? On the slim with the attachments you have to kind of move your thumb around the sticks and be careful not to move them/they get in the way. It's not anything major and it's unavoidable, I'm just wondering.
The distance between the thumbsticks and d-pad/buttons should be identical, look at this comparison pic of the two models:

q8TTv9i.jpg

I just ordered a pair of these thumbstick covers today, looking forward to trying them out! Thanks Mark for making them available!

I like them a lot. Hitting the X button takes some getting used too but i feel i can adapt.
I agree, got mine yesterday (the day Duke Nukem came out on Vita, great way to test them!), and I really like them. It is a little harder to get to the X button due to the size of the thumbstick caps, but as you said, it's fairly easy to adjust. I just nudge the stick a little out of the way when hitting the X button. These offer a much better grip for the Vita thumbsticks, something I think Sony should have thought about when they originally designed them.

I installed mine a few days ago and really like them. Concaved thumbsticks are a lot more comfortable and do not make the bottom middle of my thumb sore like the convexed stock thumbsticks were

Omg, these look amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but for those of us who have gotten used to/spoiled to the PS4 style thumbsticks, have you given any thought to making a version in that style?

Omg, these look amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but for those of us who have gotten used to/spoiled to the PS4 style thumbsticks, have you given any thought to making a version in that style?
The Dualshock 4 sticks are too big and would get in the way of other buttons. I think the Xbox One sticks are the best bet for this.

Good God.  I lost one of my thumbcaps purchased from markbrochill.  I tried playing Borderlands without it and it was painful.  I'm so spoiled by these things now!

And props to markbrochill for setting me up with a replacement!

Seriously if you own a Vita buy these and perhaps a grip.  I used the Nyko Power Grip and it's great!  The triggers still suck, so hopefully markbrochill ends up figuring something out.  And the touchpad is rough, but not much can be done about that!

Just got my pair of thumbsticks in yesterdfay.  Very impressed with them, well done Markbrochilll.One thing I did notice, that others have mentioned is that (on the original vita at least) the larger thumbstick makes hitting the X button kind of clunky.  I think its something I can work around, but If it proves to be a major annoyance, I may try to shave some off the top of the right stick

[SIZE=13.3333px]Just my 2 cents as an owner of these:

I received the Thumbstick covers the other day and they feel and look great.

Sadly, the issue I have with them is enough for me to not use them. I cannot press the X button or the Down button on the D-Pad. (Both needed for Destiny remote play)

The analog sticks are too high after installing your caps and it makes games harder to play when you need those two buttons. 

It's a shame because they feel great as analog sticks, I just can't see myself actually using them since those two buttons are near impossible to press now.

Just thought I would give feedback. Build quality and everything is great. But the way they sit on the vita make them not work well for me. I see others are happy, so It's probably my issue.

If the top part of your caps were overlapping the base of the cap where it snaps onto the vita I think the issue would be solved. Keep me posted if you improve/change the design.[/SIZE]

bread's done
Back