* * * * * 1 votes

Vita Thumbstick Attachment on Ebay? Anyone own this?

#31 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

Messing around with some R2/L2 triggers for the OLED Vita. Lets hope I can come up with something that works.

Sounds interesting! Keep us updated. My Vita has a grip attached though, and I bet many others do as well.

#32 markbrochilll   Typical Nintendo Fanboy /s CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Sounds interesting! Keep us updated. My Vita has a grip attached though, and I bet many others do as well.

That's the thing, it's going to be hard to find a way to attach them without modifying the Vita or mounting them to a grip. This may or may not work.

#33 HandsomeDan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

HandsomeDan

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

Omg, these look amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but for those of us who have gotten used to/spoiled to the PS4 style thumbsticks, have you given any thought to making a version in that style?

#34 markbrochilll   Typical Nintendo Fanboy /s CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

Omg, these look amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but for those of us who have gotten used to/spoiled to the PS4 style thumbsticks, have you given any thought to making a version in that style?

The Dualshock 4 sticks are too big and would get in the way of other buttons. I think the Xbox One sticks are the best bet for this.

#35 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Good God.  I lost one of my thumbcaps purchased from markbrochill.  I tried playing Borderlands without it and it was painful.  I'm so spoiled by these things now!

And props to markbrochill for setting me up with a replacement!

Seriously if you own a Vita buy these and perhaps a grip.  I used the Nyko Power Grip and it's great!  The triggers still suck, so hopefully markbrochill ends up figuring something out.  And the touchpad is rough, but not much can be done about that!

#36 jughead   Beersport Champion! CAGiversary!   3313 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Messing around with some R2/L2 triggers for the OLED Vita. Lets hope I can come up with something that works.

Bravo!

By the way- these things have been perfect for bloodborne remote play.

#37 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4378 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

Just got my pair of thumbsticks in yesterdfay.  Very impressed with them, well done Markbrochilll.One thing I did notice, that others have mentioned is that (on the original vita at least) the larger thumbstick makes hitting the X button kind of clunky.  I think its something I can work around, but If it proves to be a major annoyance, I may try to shave some off the top of the right stick

#38 Charlie Van Liew  

Charlie Van Liew

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

Just my 2 cents as an owner of these:

I received the Thumbstick covers the other day and they feel and look great.

Sadly, the issue I have with them is enough for me to not use them. I cannot press the X button or the Down button on the D-Pad. (Both needed for Destiny remote play)

The analog sticks are too high after installing your caps and it makes games harder to play when you need those two buttons. 

It's a shame because they feel great as analog sticks, I just can't see myself actually using them since those two buttons are near impossible to press now.

Just thought I would give feedback. Build quality and everything is great. But the way they sit on the vita make them not work well for me. I see others are happy, so It's probably my issue.

If the top part of your caps were overlapping the base of the cap where it snaps onto the vita I think the issue would be solved. Keep me posted if you improve/change the design.