God of War III at Gamestop for $2.99 plus $1 shipping (used)

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
God of War III at Gamestop for $2.99 plus $1 shipping (value shipping) - USED

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-iii/1499

This is their only deal of the week (or whatever they call it).

I was initially going to pass until I realized shipping was only $1.  The subtotal (before tax and shipping) is $2.69 with PUR discount.

I wish I had known about value shipping option on prior week deals since they have had some decent deals lately.

FYI, the "Free" In-store pickup option will only result in a hold at the store and will not let you check out at the lower price.  Price in-store is $6.99

EDIT: Apparently, the $1 shipping option will not show if you use promo code CAG16.  CAG16 causes the lowest shipping option to be $3.50

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get myself to play this game. I bought 1, 2, and 3, beat the first two, then by the time I got to this one I was so sick of the series I couldn't play anymore. So $20 down the drain...

Looking at gamestop's website there are a ton of older (but amazing) 360 and PS3 games for under $5, there should be a thread for all these great cheap gems

Dumb question time, how are you guys gettting $1 shipping? Im getting $3.50.
If I try to use the CAG16 code, I get $3.50 shipping. Remove the code, and the $1 shipping is available to me. So, saving 20-something cents wasn't worth the $2.50 extra shipping so I removed the code.

If I try to use the CAG16 code, I get $3.50 shipping. Remove the code, and the $1 shipping is available to me. So, saving 20-something cents wasn't worth the $2.50 extra shipping so I removed the code.
Yep, Im now getting the $1 shipping option without the CAG16 promo. Thanks, man.

I couldn't get myself to play this game. I bought 1, 2, and 3, beat the first two, then by the time I got to this one I was so sick of the series I couldn't play anymore. So $20 down the drain...
I'm the same until when Ascension came around. I forgot how sick of it I was. Now both games are in my backlog. -__-

I got the saga at that gamestop $20 deal a few years ago--was also a bit burned out after 1 and 2, but I trucked on through 3 and I thought it infinitely better. If you still have it, it's worth trying. I also thought Chains of Olympus was a lot better than 1 and 2 if you've got that.

Nice. Finally bit on the $14.99 Dishonored GotY along with this. Since this was in my cart, shipping was $1 for the whole order, and I should hopefully get the Tarot cards with Dishonored (not a big thing, but a little bonus).

Getting an error when i check out with paypal, keeps on saying item was delete from cart. 

Seems like GS got some more copies in. In for 1, thanks OP. Hopefully it comes complete or at least with the original case. I hate those ugly generic Gamestop cases.

Swooped one. I own 1,2, Chains of Olympus and Son of Sparta and I have never played any of them. The only one I have played is Ascension.  I may play them in story order since I started with the first storyline in the series.

I never understood doing that. I wanted Max Payne 3, but didn't feel the need to play 1 and 2 before hand. I never played them before, had no interest in them, and therefore skipped them. I wasn't burned out on Max Payne and was able to enjoy MP3. If you're really interested in a game, just watch the story on Youtube and skip risking burning yourself out.

I got mine today, It was complete but the disk looked like someone put it under their shoe and slid across the floor with it. It doesn't load up obviously. Im gonna see if I can exchange it instore. fucking GS.

I just realized that mine hasn't arrived yet, so I checked the tracking. My city's post office received it on Wednesday, and it is scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday. WTH?

The intro and the first hour of gameplay are incredible. Rest of the game doesn't even come close.

if you want the case just go to your local gamestop and ask if you can have one of theirs. they have plenty of them and you have nothing to lose. ive gotten cases this way before

i own a digital copy of ascension so i figured y not...disk looks great and i got an orginal case with instruction manual

Thanks OP, got mine in the mail the other day. 

Pretty good condition considering other items I've received in the past. 

bread's done
Back