Gamestop Summer Sale July 14th through July 27th

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Gamestop is running a 5week long Summer Sale.

(Yet for some reason it says 5weeks on the top and July 14th through 27th on the bottom of the flyer)

Current deals are

- 50% trade-in credit on all games

- Buy 2 Get 1 free on all Wii and DS

- All Pre-owned systems get a year warrenty and game under $10 free

Also, every purchase I made came with a buy 2 get 1 game under $20 free coupon.

Finally, the buy 2 get 1 free on Wii and DS stacks with 20% off.

I was able to get all of the Megaman Games on the console using it (ZX, ZXAdvent, Zero)

Here's a direct link to their website version of the Summer Sale

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

I've attached a copy of the store flyer I picked up and scanned for you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
if they didn't gut every single one of their used DS games I'd be interested. May pop in to pad my 3020+ game collection with cheap Wii games though.

if they didn't gut every single one of their used DS games I'd be interested. May pop in to pad my 3020+ game collection with cheap Wii games though.
Agreed, I am trying to find replacement boxes.
They even said the games I bought today were all NEW.. but they threw out the boxes.

So I bought a Xbox One refurb from Gamestop 10 days ago, and I got the 1 year warranty thingy on it. Is there something I can do to get that $50 back now that it's free?..

Did you find all those Mega Man games at the same store? If so nice find! Took me about a year of looking to find a ZX advent at any around me. As a Mega Man collector I was holding out for CIB( before gamestop decided to throw out the DS boxes) GS had the best price at the time.

Not the b2g1, but the Wii and DS deal yes.
The Wii and DS deal is B2G1F right?

I've had my eye on Kirby's Return to Dreamland at a local GameStop for some time now, but have been waiting for the best deal I could get on it.

Thanks!

Finally going to get a few of the reprints for Wii (Metroid/Xeno) and will try the birthday coupon. It seems like you pointed out that it will stack which is very cool.

Did you find all those Mega Man games at the same store? If so nice find! Took me about a year of looking to find a ZX advent at any around me. As a Mega Man collector I was holding out for CIB( before gamestop decided to throw out the DS boxes) GS had the best price at the time.
Yep, sadly the Target near me has them all brand new for $20 each.

I got all three for half that.. now I just need ot find replacement cases.

The Wii and DS deal is B2G1F right?

I've had my eye on Kirby's Return to Dreamland at a local GameStop for some time now, but have been waiting for the best deal I could get on it.

Thanks!
Yes, the WII and DS are B2 G1, and the 20% will be taken off the most expensive one.

Can't find it anywhere on the website... you would think they would advertise B2G1 free to move merchandise. Do the employees even know about this promotion?
The image i posted was a scan from the store.

I grabbed one of the hundreds of flyers and posted it here.

So I bought a Xbox One refurb from Gamestop 10 days ago, and I got the 1 year warranty thingy on it. Is there something I can do to get that $50 back now that it's free?..
I would never buy a refurbished system from Gamestop, NEVER! Return it and buy a new one if you can. At least you'll get the 1 year manufacture warranty and optional 3 year extended warranty through Microsoft for $50-60 bucks.

Hmm... I'm really tempted to get Xeno + Metroid Trilogy + Kirby Return for ~$100 (birthday coupon + b2g1). Does anybody know if there might be a good reason to wait? Would those reprints go down lower for black friday (historically)?

Also... Is Kirby Return to Dreamland a gamestop reprint? I didn't realize the game was in such high demand.

Hmm... I'm really tempted to get Xeno + Metroid Trilogy + Kirby Return for ~$100 (birthday coupon + b2g1). Does anybody know if there might be a good reason to wait? Would those reprints go down lower for black friday (historically)?

Also... Is Kirby Return to Dreamland a gamestop reprint? I didn't realize the game was in such high demand.
It's tough to say if they'll stick around until then. My GS has an ungodly amount of Wii games, 99% of it being trash, so I can see them wanting to clear it out. But BF isn't too far out so maybe they're planning something big for then.

I would never buy a refurbished system from Gamestop, NEVER! Return it and buy a new one if you can. At least you'll get the 1 year manufacture warranty and optional 3 year extended warranty through Microsoft for $50-60 bucks.
Woah! Really? I was thinking about buying a refurb gamecube or refurb wii with gamecube compatability. What was your experience with them and refurbished systems?

i bought wolfenstein and dead rising yesterday pre owned, they said nothing about this

but hey, i'm returning them anyway #gamestoprentalservice

I can confirm that it's B2G1 on Wii/DS games. I purchased a "Sea Green 2DS" yesterday, and got the cheapest DS game free. I ended up going with GameStop because Target decided to  fuck my original order for the same 2DS. They also de-listed it on their site and told me "The manufacturer doesn't make it anymore". Worst of all, was when they cancelled the order without even telling me so I was just waiting and waiting for it to come. It's a shame that happened with Target because they had their 2DS' for $99.00 during a sale that I had purchased it at. 

What's the deal with the sudden scarcity of the Sea Green 2DS,anyway? Did they truly put it out of production a month after it released?

Congrats on your ginormous game collection. Are all these physical games? Where do you have the space for all these ?

I somehow found complete copies of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and FIFA Street 2 for the DS...now to return and rebuy at another gamestop and get 4 more games...

decided to peek in on this thread. No surprise at a weak sale from gamestop

I somehow found complete copies of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and FIFA Street 2 for the DS...now to return and rebuy at another gamestop and get 4 more games...
How did you manage that? I thought every single Gamestop started tossing DS cases quite a while back. Its why i stoped checking for games at them. Luck on you, grats on A2 find!

Congrats on your ginormous game collection. Are all these physical games? Where do you have the space for all these ?
im curious too. I need to count but id imagine mine is pretty close to that. For me i had some custom shelves built that got put in the big closet under the stairs combo'd with some outside my bedroom hallway and some of those storage drawers in my closet in my bedroom... but im running out of room now =P Still have stacks of used games in boxes from gamestop that need to be cleaned/sorted

Are the ace attorney games worth it at $18-$20 each? I have 3 I could buy at one gamestop not sure which ones but they're all complete
The games are great but there are cheaper options. I say wait for the Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to 3DS. If you don't want to wait, those are the asking price for those games. They use to selling at $60/80 at one point before the reprint.

Wait.. The birthday coupon wouldn't do anything when buying 3 equally priced Wii games for this deal, right? I just got all 3 games you mentioned, but figured the bday coupon would be wasted on this.

Well, they're stacked on 2 old metal white shelves that I've had probably since I was 3 years old. lol they def don't make shelving like this if they can support weight like toys as a kid and now thousands of games. But I also have a stand up cabinet that has doors that open and the doors also hold games too. There I have all of my 360, wii, wiiu, PS3, and PSP games and its running out of space, i can fit maybe 2-3 more games in it, so that's like 500 games right there give or take.

One of my metal shelves has roughly 300 PS2 games on first shelf, then roughyl the same number of OG Xbox games, then 3rd shelf has maybe 30 more PS2 games, sega saturn and sega cd games, then the bottom shelf has all my genesis and 32x games on it. On the top of the shelf itself I have gaming related stuff like my master chief helmet Halo 3 legendary edition, random preorder gifts from when I worked at Game Crazy and whatnot.

My other metal shelf has another 45 PS2 games and a small stack of Disc only PS2 games (I went nuts during gamestops PS2 game sale an have bought over 200 games during it). Initially I was against getting incomplete games, buuuuutttt I'd rather have the quantity to bump it up plus they are in working order and if down the line i want a complete one I'll get it, it's mostly random cheapo games. Ok so on the same top of this shelf (this shelf is shorter by 1 shelf length than the other metal one BUT it has deeper shelf space) I also have all of my gamecube, DS and 3DS games. The next shelf had my N64 games and complete GBA games. Next shelf is the majority of my NES games wioth a handful more complete gameboy/gameboy color/gba games. The bottom shelf is all of my SNES games both cart only and complete.

Under my bed I have these large storage bins that slide underneath and I have all my boxed N64 games, my atari jaguar games, complete game gear games, sega master system games, and turbografx 16 games. I also have a game gear carrying case (free from a customer at Game Crazy since they didn't need it and couldn't trade it in so he gave it to me when i mentioned i collect games) and so I crammed all my cart only Game gear games in there. I also have 2 or 3 GBA cases that are meant for the system and some games but i just crammed all 3 with GBA games.

I own every system except PS vita and PS4 but will get them late this year or early next year depending on if they do a bundle with the 2 as is rumored to be the case. I am missing random systems here and there like colecovision, intellivision, and that stuff but i own every mainstream console. I just love games. I'm moving soon and my goal is to have a game room I can call "the vault" and have wall to wall bookshelf style shelving and have them setup more book style. right now theyre in large stacks and that CAN'T be good for the games on the bottom of those stacks. That and its super annoying when I want to play a game thats 3 stacks back and on the bottom. lol

The games are great but there are cheaper options. I say wait for the Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to 3DS. If you don't want to wait, those are the asking price for those games. They use to selling at $60/80 at one point before the reprint.
Isn't the Trilogy download only? Also Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney 4) is exclusive to DS.

bread's done
Back