Nintendo Wii U White Replacement Wireless GamePad $154.98 - eBay Daily Deal

I'm assuming it's possible to pair a white gamepad with a deluxe wii u? I always wanted the white gamepad and console! 

No you can not use 2 gamepads on one console yet, if ever.

This is an awful deal but it is rather funny.  For another $50 you could get the refurb/swing some deals and get a new system for that price.

Also yes, you can pair any gamepad with any system.  I trade for a friends Zelda gamepad and it is just a matter of resyncing the controller.

What a horrible price for just a controller; no wonder the Wii U specs are so anemic, the controller ate up half the console bundle budget!

More likely then not this dude is just selling the gamepads from new consoles. Unless someone has pics of OEM packaging made for just the gamepad I'm going to assume that is what this is

Yeah... this is weird since Nintendo doesn't sell a replacement.  So are they from broken systems not worth fixing?  Are they third party repairs?  Has some guy been stealing them from displays?

Close enough to being able to just get a whole new system with some of the recent deals.

Yeah... this is weird since Nintendo doesn't sell a replacement. So are they from broken systems not worth fixing? Are they third party repairs? Has some guy been stealing them from displays?

Close enough to being able to just get a whole new system with some of the recent deals.
If you look at his other products for sale, he has (separately): Wii U 8gb console for 94.98, Wii U AC adapters 15.49, Wii U sensor bars 8.98 . . . looks like he bought a ton of 8gb consoles, and is selling individual items from them to boost profits. Add up all the 8gb bundle parts and you'll end up paying close to $300 for an 8gb console bundle, terrible deal.

I hope they start selling this on their own soon and support two Game Pad titles. 

Back at launch it was estimated that an individual Game Pad cost $80-$100 to manufacture, hence the $150 price everywhere from Nintendo.

Nintendo recently said they're now making a profit off every Wii U unit sold, so that implies heavily that the costs of making the system or controller went down a lot. So maybe, just maybe we'll see Game Pads for $60-$80 in the near future (or never)

I wish they'd release a smaller, lighter Game Pad. It would cut costs, earn them more money, and be more comfortable.

This is rather frustrating.  Not that long ago my dog charged into my room and knocked over a bunch of stuff, throwing a full glass of mixed drink onto my Wii U GamePad.  I would love to replace it, but $150 is pretty absurd for a controller, and like others stated in this thread, I might as well and buy a refurb Wii U instead.

Sigh.

This is rather frustrating. Not that long ago my dog charged into my room and knocked over a bunch of stuff, throwing a full glass of mixed drink onto my Wii U GamePad. I would love to replace it, but $150 is pretty absurd for a controller, and like others stated in this thread, I might as well and buy a refurb Wii U instead.

Sigh.
Be patient, we all have backlogs, I'm sure you too have a backlog big enough that you can wait for a cheaper option. You might look into getting Nintendo to refurbish it (if you haven't already).

This is rather frustrating. Not that long ago my dog charged into my room and knocked over a bunch of stuff, throwing a full glass of mixed drink onto my Wii U GamePad. I would love to replace it, but $150 is pretty absurd for a controller, and like others stated in this thread, I might as well and buy a refurb Wii U instead.

Sigh.
Time to put the dog down...

They need a wrist strap slot or something on the gamepad. :\ I mean dropping a normal controller isn't a death sentence usually.. but if you let this thing slip out of your hands, you're f**ked.

No you can not use 2 gamepads on one console yet, if ever.

This is an awful deal but it is rather funny. For another $50 you could get the refurb/swing some deals and get a new system for that price.

Also yes, you can pair any gamepad with any system. I trade for a friends Zelda gamepad and it is just a matter of resyncing the controller.
The system does support two Gamepads, but nothing uses it, nor probably ever will.due to the high cost for someone to make it happen. I believe they do actually sell them separately in Japan, for about $150. Nintendo has stated definitively that the system can handle two gamepads. It was something that came up when the release happened since they didn't make it available in the US. Miyamoto referenced a dual pad situation recently (I forget where) and said they had some interesting ideas, but nothing concrete.

If the system was doing gangbusters, it might have gone forward with some games that support two. But, as it is it is hard enough for them to get people to buy one gamepad (and system). I think the WiiU is going to do better once more Wii owners start upgrading (it is a natural upgrade path due to backwards compatibility/Wiimote re-use), but many parents/gamers are still waiting it out. In my opinion, this Christmas will be the year the WiiU finally starts making headway and people realize that it is cheap enough and has enough games and their current Wii is pretty much dead.

Yeah its crazy how much this controller costs considering its just a screen, large plastic shell, barely any internal components and a battery with pathetic battery life. It does nothing if not paired with a console and the console is not turned on, so it is nowhere near an iPad replacement but costs at least half as much. I agree they should make a smaller one this way it would cost less as the current gamepad is mostly impossible to play with for more than 30 min at least for me while still being comfortable at the very least they could have cut down the size of the plastic area with the buttons and kept the screen the same size.

I think the reason why they don't sell gamepad replacements in the store is people still think the tablet is an add on for the original Wii, imagine how many returns they would have to deal with from uninformed consumers who purchase one in a store thinking it will work with their original Wii.

Almost everyone here still has a Wii, but none seem interested in upgrading, Nintendo produced a product that people are satisfied with and that they will be satisfied with until it fails on them it looks like.

Sara, I believe there is truth in all you say above.

I also think the gamepad can't possibly cost that much to make. I suppose the screen is the big cost, but it doesn't seem like even that could justify too huge a pricepoint. Of course, Nintendo does not yet sell the pads, for reasons mentioned above most likely, so we have no idea what they'd even consider selling them for ($80? $50?). Would be interesting to know what they cost to make. The controller pro seems to sell for a lot more than I'd imagine it costs to make (as great a controller as it is, I doubt it costs more than $20 to manufacture).

I know none of this for fact and am merely speculating, mind.

Regular controllers cost $60 nowadays I don't know where you guys are getting that it should only cost $20 more for a controller that has a touch screen you can watch movies and play games on.

They could sell it on their website which most General public consumers do not know about, but I would think $80 would be a reasonable price for this. The pro controller I can kinda understand, and it goes on sale a lot, so much so that its easy to get one from $30-40 which is in line with what other controllers cost and is actually cheaper for the most part than competing controllers. The pro controller also has the best battery out of any controller on the market so that has to cost a little more than not including a battery at all, and MS charges you $20-25 for the battery kit which most people will buy with the controller making the controller $20-25 more expensive leading to the Xbox one controller being the most expensive one the market right now.

I doubt the screen is that expensive, I can see the lights coming through my gamepad, I can actually see them as LED lights on the top, but I assume this is normal, but this is obviously a cheap way of lighting the screen as I don't see anything like this on any other modern device, and wasn't even present with the Backlit GBA SP or the DS Lite.  Perhaps this is due to power saving mode though, which I believe I do have turned on.  That screen and lighting can't cost that much, and neither can the internal parts which there are obviously very little of since its so light, but I have never seen an opened gamepad so I don't know what is actually in there.

But I definitely think that selling the Gamepad at retail is a bad idea for the reason I mentioned above.

Regular controllers cost $60 nowadays I don't know where you guys are getting that it should only cost $20 more for a controller that has a touch screen you can watch movies and play games on.
the ps4 controller has all the function as the wii u gamepad except the screen, mic, and camera, which is probably $20 wholesale. $80 is doable by nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="The Questyen" post="11932434" timestamp="1405619185"]Regular controllers cost $60 nowadays I don't know where you guys are getting that it should only cost $20 more for a controller that has a touch screen you can watch movies and play games on.[/quote]

Sorry but it still has to connect to the system to do any of those things, without connecting to the system it's a hunk of plastic with a screen and battery. Other devices work independently of the system, this does not. Also the range is not that good on it, probably couldn't even take it outside where I live if I wanted to watch something while on the porch or patio.

Sara, I believe there is truth in all you say above.

I also think the gamepad can't possibly cost that much to make. I suppose the screen is the big cost, but it doesn't seem like even that could justify too huge a pricepoint. Of course, Nintendo does not yet sell the pads, for reasons mentioned above most likely, so we have no idea what they'd even consider selling them for ($80? $50?). Would be interesting to know what they cost to make. The controller pro seems to sell for a lot more than I'd imagine it costs to make (as great a controller as it is, I doubt it costs more than $20 to manufacture).

I know none of this for fact and am merely speculating, mind.
How can CVS, Walgreens, gas stations, etc sell $99 crappy Android tablets with 7" capacitive touch screens and actual processors, RAM, memory, etc inside while Nintendo can't get the cost of it's controller with a RESISTIVE screen and almost no actual hardware below $150? Nintendo doesn't know how to do manufacturing or something.

How can CVS, Walgreens, gas stations, etc sell $99 crappy Android tablets with 7" capacitive touch screens and actual processors, RAM, memory, etc inside while Nintendo can't get the cost of it's controller with a RESISTIVE screen and almost no actual hardware below $150? Nintendo doesn't know how to do manufacturing or something.
Exactly. However, at the moment, Nintendo is not selling the pads for profit or even for replacement (as far as I know). I think they're nervous about the market. There is an upcharge on controllers, I bet, all controllers, and they probably don't know how to price the pad. I really don't think these gamepads cost much to make. I think $50 sounds about right for a retail price, but I am a cheapass.

A while back I bought the zelda gamepad, all the wii u wires/sensor and a couple wiimotes off some kid on CL for $60. Its a bummer theres no use for 2 pads but at least I have an extra if mine breaks

bread's done
Back