- - - - -

MLB 14: The Show (Vita) $19.99 at Amazon/Best Buy

#1 parkerlewis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

parkerlewis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

Post-All-Star Break price drop:

MLB 14: The Show (Vita) $19.99 @ Best Buy

MLB 14: The Show (Vita) $19.99 @ Amazon

I had quite a bit of fun with a cheap copy of MLB 13 for Vita last year but this year's version has gotten mediocre reviews and seems to still have framerate issues compared to the PS3/PS4 versions.

Too bad they can't get the graphics up to par because the game is packed with features and different gameplay modes. For $16 with GCU I'll probably still grab a copy though.

#2 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   27299 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Dont see any frame rate issues on the Vita. though i dont know if i would tell people to buy it if they already have 13  (what i do )    got mine for free though  game trading site 

waited too long to trade it , used to grab  20  at best buy.  now down to 9

expect this to be normal price  i say within a few weeks  

WOOOO I STINK

#3 xxtheycallmedxx   Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

xxtheycallmedxx

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

I got the ps4 version for $30 after gcu so this is tempting BUT I find rtts way more difficult on the smaller screen.
Posted Image

#4 BadBrains   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

BadBrains

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

I got 14 for $6 from the double dip at target a few weeks back, platted it and traded it for $20 to BB. Bought 13 from the psn sale recently. I honestly think 14 looks a lot better than 13. Plays a bit smoother too. Both are good games though

BADBRAINS516.png

#5 TheCochese   I make things out of wood CAGiversary!   13114 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

RTTS (at least in 13) is awful compared to PS3. If you're buying it for that, unless they changed the difficulty, skip it.

If you're too damn lazy to read the first post in a thread, F your ability to get a deal.

#6 parkerlewis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

parkerlewis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I got 14 for $6 from the double dip at target a few weeks back, platted it and traded it for $20 to BB. Bought 13 from the psn sale recently. I honestly think 14 looks a lot better than 13. Plays a bit smoother too. Both are good games though

Thanks for the info on the graphics. I checked out some YouTube videos and it does look pretty decent in action and better than I remember MLB 13 looking:

I have $5 in expiring BBY credit so between that and the GCU discount I think I'll grab this at $11 and hope for the best. 

#7 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9955 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Very tempting.  I liked that free Home Run Derby thing on PS3, and would want to play this on Vita...

Only reason I haven't bought it is my gigantic backlog possibly means that by the time I start it the next version (or 3) is out...

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#8 Jerkface Killah   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Jerkface Killah

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

I wish it was $20 for the digital version. I would want it on the Vita at all times, just to have the option.