What if Cheepy and the gang pick the wrong horse?

Thanos2001

CAGiversary!
The last few Cagcasts Cheapy and the gang have sung the praises of the PS4 version of Destiny. Cheapy has said, I just want to have the best version. Nobody thinks the XBOX One version has a chance of being any good.

As a 2 console owner, I'm not so certain PS4 is going to be that best version. The only thing I've found about the XBOX One version is it will use the extra 10% GPU power giving the boot to Kinect provides developers. Phil Spencer said:

On games that will benefit from the 10% GPU gain, Spencer added, “I think about games like Sunset Overdrive, that’s going to take advantage of the June [software development kit]. And they’re going to use the increased capability that lowering the reserve will have to actually make a more vibrant and alive gameplay space, so that’s where they’re going to invest.

“Even our friends at Bungie, and I’ve been spending a lot of time down there, they’re going to pick up the June SDK update for Destiny, and they’re going to up the resolution of Destiny based on this change. So I think it’s just a great time for us.”

So what if the boys have it wrong? On paper, the PS4 is more powerful, but that only means anything if the devs take advantage of it. How funny would it be if the crew end up with less polished version? Only time will tell. I'm gonna wait. I've got my friends copy of Titanfall to play while I see how it all shakes out. Keeping the true spirit of Cheapass Gaming alive!

If I were Phil Spencer, I would also try to convince people that the biggest upcoming game is not going to be less-than-equal on my console.

If you buy it on the same console as your friends so that you can play with them, you've bought the best version.

I think the only major difference between the two versions of the games honestly is gonna be PSN vs XBL.

My money is on XBL everytime.

*disclaimer- I own both an Xbox One and Playstation 4 and am getting both versions of Destiny.*

bread's done
Back