Gurumin (Falcom RPG) free from Steam Greenlight - 3/30 redeem now!

62t

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Normally I don't like this but this is the English version of a Japanese Falcom game.

Vote yes

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286828342

and join group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gurumin

you need to do both to get the free game.

Instruction on how to redeem (thanks ZeRox99)

Do you guys remember way back when you all greenlit this game? Well, it just launched today and those who did can get their free copy as promised!

Redemption Link: http://top3line.com/gurumin_steam_codes/

Note: You may have to sign into steam and authorize via web browser

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/322290/announcements/detail/119683740245142512

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait? This is coming to PC? This is a old PSP game that was actually quite good. Had some camera issues but was really well done for it's time. Definitely worth getting.

Wait? This is coming to PC? This is a old PSP game that was actually quite good. Had some camera issues but was really well done for it's time. Definitely worth getting.
yea i was about to say wasn't this an old rpg on the PSP? I remember getting it cheap but not really playing it

Awesome.

Thank you for posting this if you hadnt I wouldnt know about it. I mean I know most people go to our free section for free games and all but not me. I come to the deals section for free stuff and I go to the off topic thread for my deals because why would I ever look in the free thread for free stuff am I right?

Just release The Legend of Heroes games on steam already. :wall:
And the rest of the Ys games for that matter. I will continue to support Falcom until they realize there's an actual audience over here for what they're selling.

Vote YES for Gurumin and Get The Game Free!

JULY 17 - MASTIFF
Vote ‘YES,’ join the Gurumin Group, and tell us you voted Yes. Once Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure is greenlighted and ready for release you'll get a free copy, together with our thanks. Simple as that

I guess the OP could have been a little more clear on that point.

Also they might come back later and ask you to sign up on a web page. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to use a similar system that Tevon did with Robot Rescue Revolution but now I can't find the source for that among all the "Voted" spam. :p

It was a PC RPG first.
It was a PC action/adventure first. It's not an RPG at all. I know you're not the one who started calling it an RPG, as several above you did, but you corrected them about it being on PC first so quoting it because of that.

Amazing game though, one of the best on PSP imo.

*edit*

I was just on the Greenlight page again and saw that they listed it as an action RPG. I guess that's where all the confusion is coming from. It's not one, though.

It was a PC action/adventure first. It's not an RPG at all. I know you're not the one who started calling it an RPG, as several above you did, but you corrected them about it being on PC first so quoting it because of that.

Amazing game though, one of the best on PSP imo.

*edit*

I was just on the Greenlight page again and saw that they listed it as an action RPG. I guess that's where all the confusion is coming from. It's not one, though.
O... kay?

Tanks OP!  I loved the PSP release & would dig having it on my PC.  Voted yes, joined the gurumin group & posted my "yes" vote.

I have a PSP copy of this and love it. I also hope they are able to make some profit off this steam release along the way. 

It's going to be the PC version, so hopefully it plays smoother than what I remember the PSP version did. I still don't understand why they are doing the free for vote thing.. At the rate it is going, it may as well just be free.

23,800 members..

Thanks for the heads up on this OP. I enjoyed the game on PSP and wouldn't mind getting to play it again. Getting it free makes it that much better

It's going to be the PC version, so hopefully it plays smoother than what I remember the PSP version did. I still don't understand why they are doing the free for vote thing.. At the rate it is going, it may as well just be free.

23,800 members..
For you guys that may not follow this sort of thing regularly and don't know, it's become fairly common for some indie developers to do the free keys for votes thing in an attempt to get through Greenlight and get on Steam however this is by far the most number of people I've seen taken advantage of one of these offers.

I hope they have some kind of good automated system in place to handle this because it's going to be a nightmare otherwise.

Don't be surprised if they come back later and make everyone who voted register through some website so they can keep track, so keep an eye out for that. I'll try and post here if no one else does if that happens.

So there's more than 24000 people that have done this so far...

The Steam userbase is in the millions, though. What are a few dozen thousand lost sales compared to the millions that will follow after?

So there's more than 24000 people that have done this so far...

The Steam userbase is in the millions, though. What are a few dozen thousand lost sales compared to the millions that will follow after?
The vast majority of games that aren't some big name don't get anywhere close to those amount of sales. With the recent switch to the default front page tab being top sellers and the drastically increased amount of games getting added on a daily basis it's getting harder and harder to get noticed.

Now maybe some famous Youtuber will cover this game and it will get a lot of attention, who knows? But being on Steam isn't a guarantee of instant success anymore if it ever even was and for every game that has sold well there are examples that others that didn't get noticed and/or just didn't sell*.

*Anecdotally from indie developer blogs and forum posts and such since Steam doesn't release numbers. You can also perhaps judge from how far, if at all a game makes it in the top 100 on release and how long it stays, and maybe even by how much card trading and selling is done.

The vast majority of games that aren't some big name don't get anywhere close to those amount of sales. With the recent switch to the default front page tab being top sellers and the drastically increased amount of games getting added on a daily basis it's getting harder and harder to get noticed.

Now maybe some famous Youtuber will cover this game and it will get a lot of attention, who knows? But being on Steam isn't a guarantee of instant success anymore if it ever even was and for every game that has sold well there are examples that others that didn't get noticed and/or just didn't sell*.

*Anecdotally from indie developer blogs and forum posts and such since Steam doesn't release numbers. You can also perhaps judge from how far, if at all a game makes it in the top 100 on release and how long it stays, and maybe even by how much card trading and selling is done.
Yes, but this is also a Falcom game which already had a decent run on the PSP, and it has enough word of mouth from that version so it will have a good amount of sales on Steam. Maybe not right away, but in the long run, with holiday sales, Mastiff will recoup its losses from giving the game away through Greenlight.

Doesn't Steam also have a "Similar to" tab? This might pop up next to the Ys series or other Japanese-developed games.

For you guys that may not follow this sort of thing regularly and don't know, it's become fairly common for some indie developers to do the free keys for votes thing in an attempt to get through Greenlight and get on Steam however this is by far the most number of people I've seen taken advantage of one of these offers.

I hope they have some kind of good automated system in place to handle this because it's going to be a nightmare otherwise.

Don't be surprised if they come back later and make everyone who voted register through some website so they can keep track, so keep an eye out for that. I'll try and post here if no one else does if that happens.
Yeah, I'd feel bad for the chap who has to message codes to 25,000 people on Steam.

You made great points about how competitive the game industry is, but what do you suggest game developers do instead of trying to get their game on Steam? No one is going to want to download dozens of setup files for their games. It's crazy to me how big companies like EA and Square-Enix include their games in Humble Bundle. They're practically giving their games away and I'm not sure that bodes well for the future of the industry.

bread's done
Back