Injustice: God's Among Us (Ultimate Edition) - $19.99 Amazon

This is my buy price.  Thanks OP.  I was hoping to get this at Best Buy with GCU, but my son has been pestering me to get this ever since I traded in the vanilla version.

They are improved a decent amount but the 60 frames a second is what really makes the ps4 version far superior.
Wasn't Injustice always at 60fps?

Anyway, the PS4 version is a good step up in graphics quality. I'd say it's like going from a really nice DVD to a good bluray version of a movie. Everything is a sharper and cleaner but still very much the same as well. If you haven't gotten any version of the game yet, then it's an obvious purchase. If you have the vanilla version on a different console, it's still probably an obvious purchase because of the included DLC. If you have the ultimate version already, though, it's a tough sell.

And before anyone asks about the PSvita version...

• Yes, it looks terrible... very terrible

• It looks better than MK9 did, but that's not saying much

• The framerate is mostly 60 frames per second (some dips have been observed)

• It plays very very well

• It's easily worth 15 bucks

• But yes, it's super ugly to look at

Argh, shows "Temporarily out of stock." when clicking on the 33 new from ... section. Current main price is $32.75 at time of this post. I'm in at $20 when they restock, thanks OP!!

Edit: Still let me buy it from Amazon (the 33 new from section) for $19.99 and burn $10 credit I had for a cool $9.99. No estimated ship date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave this a go for like an hour and wasn't really into it but I've been thinking about trying it again.It's really hard to say no to that price though.  I may just wait til I get the PS4 though this Christmas That'll give me something else to play since pickins are still a little slim. Plus I just Got Arkham Origins for like 10 bucks and that should be here in a few days. 

Is NRS still nerfing and adjusting properties on this game every week? That shit killed this game for me, along with the terrible netplay.
I don't see how balance patches can kill a game. You gotta be really stingy to get salty over that.

Anyway, no, they're not rebalancing the game anymore. They do hotfixes and exploits, though.

You must be god that you can master any fighting game in 5 mins. Back to FPS you go.
You really shouldn't be so reductive as to assume someone's a dude-bro because they don't appreciate a fighting game on a deeper level. I feel the same way about fighting games and racing games. I appreciate what they are and can enjoy the basic fun to be had, but have no interest in mastering them (or even getting in-depth).

you can't combine gcu with price matches it one or the other. The price match void off any discount from gcu in the system
I don't have GCU, but I could have sworn I heard people talking about price matching and then using GCU discounts on top of that before. Oh, well, my mistake.

You really shouldn't be so reductive as to assume someone's a dude-bro because they don't appreciate a fighting game on a deeper level. I feel the same way about fighting games and racing games. I appreciate what they are and can enjoy the basic fun to be had, but have no interest in mastering them (or even getting in-depth).
I understand your comment but that person I quoted came into this fighting game deal thread and took a crap at all fighting games but offered nothing to the thread deserved a slap on the wrist don't you think? ;)

I understand your comment but that person I quoted came into this fighting game deal thread and took a crap at all fighting games but offered nothing to the thread deserved a slap on the wrist don't you think? ;)
Someone saying that fighting games don't hold their interest is not necessarily "crapping" on fighting games, but I understand how you didn't think it added to the discussion. Fighting games don't hold my interest either, but I do have an interest in trying them out. I never feel like i'm getting my money's worth since I too get bored. I read the post as being from my same perspective that he was saying he'd like to try it out but it's hard to justify $20. I make bad decisions, so $20 for 5 minutes of my time is normal. :)

Also, I have kids who will like to mess with it, so it's easier to justify my purchase.

This is the cheapest it's been right? I don't have a PS4 and won't get one till the holidays but it seems like the Ultimate Edition might go out of print if most stores are not carrying them anymore. And $19.99 is my buy price but gamefly might have it used for cheaper one day. decisions decisions. 

Is NRS still nerfing and adjusting properties on this game every week? That shit killed this game for me, along with the terrible netplay.
Why did you play in tournaments? If not, then who cares if they balanced the game thru patches. And netplay has always worked fine for me, must be your connection.

This is the cheapest it's been right? I don't have a PS4 and won't get one till the holidays but it seems like the Ultimate Edition might go out of print if most stores are not carrying them anymore. And $19.99 is my buy price but gamefly might have it used for cheaper one day. decisions decisions.
I doubt this gets rare anytime soon - especially considering Injustice 2 is coming eventually. It will likely be $15 or even $10 somewhere on Black Friday.

this may have been asked already but will best buy price match this even though it shows as temporarily out of stock on Amazon? thanks in adavance!

this may have been asked already but will best buy price match this even though it shows as temporarily out of stock on Amazon? thanks in adavance!
It really depends if the person doing the PM is looking for a reason to deny you. It's only a $10 difference that you might be fine.

I was really hoping that BB would drop it to $20 today to use the GCU discount but i ordered a backordered PS4 version and a $15 Vita version just now. $15 is a good price for almost any vita non sports game.

debating if I should have BB price match this, I have $5 coupon itching to be used. 

bread's done
Back