Gamestop PUR 15,000 pts = 25% Off One Pre-Owned Handheld System 7/21-8/10

MnMs

CAGiversary!
Logged into my PUR and found Gamestop Steal of the Week:

25% Off One Pre-Owned Handheld System
Steal of the Week!  Get 25% off one pre-owned handheld system, including the PS Vita, PSP, 3DS, and DS, from Monday, July 21, through Sunday, August 10. With a discount that big, you’ll be able to take the savings and spend it on your first few pre-owned handheld games. Get your coupon now for 15,000 points, it’s only available until Sunday, July 27!

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Only valid on PS Vita, PSP, 3DS, and DS.  Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Expires 8/10/14.
For anybody that does not have a 3DS or Vita yet, that is a steal if you have some points on your card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 15000 of my points to renew my PUR pro card and get a year of Game Informer for free each year. Not saying the posted deal is a bad deal, but it's a much better use of points IMO.

I use 15000 of my points to renew my PUR pro card and get a year of Game Informer for free each year. Not saying the posted deal is a bad deal, but it's a much better use of points IMO.
It costs $15 to renew your PUR with Game Informer. Saving 25% on a used 3DS or Vita is equal to saving $40-$50. I did the calculation with Gamestop's prices. It's not a bad deal if you have the points. I personally woud rather pay $15 for 1 year of PUR and Game Informer.

$135 for a used Wi-Fi Vita.  That's not bad, given that I haven't seen a decent deal on a new Vita lately. 

$90 seems kind of high for a used 2DS.

It costs $15 to renew your PUR with Game Informer. Saving 25% on a used 3DS or Vita is equal to saving $40-$50. I did the calculation with Gamestop's prices. It's not a bad deal if you have the points. I personally woud rather pay $15 for 1 year of PUR and Game Informer.
Good point. I tend not to take advantage of these types of deals because they typically benefit GS more than the consumer, but based on your calculation, this seems good if you need either system. I tend to sock away my points like a squirrel with nuts because I don't like handing over $15 to GS for a 10% discount. But to each, his own.

This is a bit steep for a 25% off pre-owned handheld coupon. In November of last year, they offered a more comprehensive "steal of the week", 25% off ANY preowned hardware for only 500 points. I got a backup Vita and two PSPs at that time, all 25% off. I have about 9k points now because I don't shop at GS nearly as much as BB or Amazon, and it would take a long time for me to hit 15k points.

Chip, you were able to get the discounts with one coupon or three? 500 points sounds amazingly low. I bet they miscalculated and are unlikely to do a deal like that again. And I'd have to think the hardware prices were higher last year so we don't know exactly how much of a better deal it was.

[quote name="MnMs" post="11945605" timestamp="1406035383"]Yes they still are. 3DSXL for 135.99. That actually sounds like a better deal. Thanks for the reminder.[/quote]

I would rather get a refurb from the company that makes it instead of gamestop IMHO. I don't like getting used systems

Chip, you were able to get the discounts with one coupon or three? 500 points sounds amazingly low. I bet they miscalculated and are unlikely to do a deal like that again. And I'd have to think the hardware prices were higher last year so we don't know exactly how much of a better deal it was.
Yeah, they definitely miscalculated those 500 point coupons. When I first got one, I assumed it would only work on one item, and got a mint used Vita for $137. I got two more coupons after that, then realized each one would take off 25% from the entire order, used hardware or accessories, no limit. I later got two mint phat PSPs, separately (two different GS stores).

Wow, a refurb 3DS is a measly $10 off brand new msrp?

This is a terrible rip off. I see used 3DS systems at pawn shops for $90-120 all the time.

1000pts is worth about $1 for new items. Use your points for posters. If you don't want to keep the posters, they're usually flippable for $15-25 each @ ebay.

I don't trust refurbished hardware from Gamestop. All they do is repackage it and toss in a screen protector and only give you 7 days to return it unless you buy their warranty. 

It says 15,000 and its not too hard to get. 25% off is an amazing deal. Wish I would of waited to pick up my preowned white vita.
I didn't even know you could do that.

$135 for a used Wi-Fi Vita. That's not bad, given that I haven't seen a decent deal on a new Vita lately.

$90 seems kind of high for a used 2DS.
I haven't really had the need to use points but a Vita for $135 sounds pretty damn nice. Too bad the 10% doesn't apply to used systems. I wonder if that $5 coupon from that Kongregate offer does though... :whistle2:k

Also with the gamestop summer sale, pre-owned system get 1 year warranty and a free game under 10 bucks, so I assume that includes handhelds as well. Dont know if you can stacked that with this coupon though

I use 15000 of my points to renew my PUR pro card and get a year of Game Informer for free each year.
How do you do this? I think I have around 80,000 points. Whenever I resubscribe in store, I'm assuming the silver pur subscription fee is being taken off my credit but not points? Do I pay for my silver pur account online? Is there a special coupon to redeem for 15000 pts that I then take to the store?

How do you do this? I think I have around 180,000 points. Whenever I resubscribe in store, I'm assuming the silver pur subscription fee is being taken off my credit but not points? Do I pay for my silver pur account online? Is there a special coupon to redeem for 15000 pts that I then take to the store?
If I remember correctly, it's one of the other rewards that must be redeemed on the PUR website just like the deal that the OP posted. In other words, you redeem the points and it gives you the option to print the offer coupon that you can then take to a GS store. They can't just swap the points on your card to re-up your PUR membership in the store. It has to be redeemed, printed out and taken to a store.

If I remember correctly, it's one of the other rewards that must be redeemed on the PUR website just like the deal that the OP posted. In other words, you redeem the points and it gives you the option to print the offer coupon that you can then take to a GS store. They can't just swap the points on your card to re-up your PUR membership in the store. It has to be redeemed, printed out and taken to a store.
thanks i'll do that for now on

I'm glad for all of the wisdom on this forum. I thought that looked like an ok deal, but 15,000 points takes $1500 spent there to get, so I agree with everyone it was a bad offer. Wish it would have been

I'm glad for all of the wisdom on this forum. I thought that looked like an ok deal, but 15,000 points takes $1500 spent there to get, so I agree with everyone it was a bad offer. Wish it would have been <2000 points.
$1500 is waaaaay off. It's 20 points per dollar of merchandise traded in (total value, inc bonuses), 20 points per dollar of preowned merchandise purchased, and 10 points for everything else purchased. And 10% extra if you're PUR.

$1500 in merch traded in = 31500 points. $1500 in new merchandise out = 16500 points. If you buy all preowned with that credit, you're up to 63000 points.

The key to building GS points is to flip things in and then cash out with Kindle cards, gas cards, and preowned stuff (using B-day coupon). You could get to 15k for this SOTW with $340 in trade ins -> preowned out. Or $450 of preowned stuff converted to gift cards.

This isn't the worst use of points for folks who have enough. About 2.5x the points' value in straight $X Off Item coupons.

I'm glad for all of the wisdom on this forum. I thought that looked like an ok deal, but 15,000 points takes $1500 spent there to get, so I agree with everyone it was a bad offer. Wish it would have been <2000 points.
You also get points on trade ins. Just saying.

NEVER EVER waste points on the $15 sub fee that`s damn near free in 1 move all yr round. Anytime BB has a game that trades in for max value($44.80) you`re golden $134.40 w/GCU. If there`s no sale @ GS just $54.99(under $50 w/PUR pro) pay the $15 get the B2G1 coupon. Use the coupon + 3 copies of the max value game. You turn $100+ tax into $$134.40 while getting PUR too.

Use the b-day code to take $15.40 off one game or a better SOTW for savings. And when GS drops the games to $37.99 used you net MASSIVE profits while adding yr after yr to your PUR membership. If you are able to get a 3 game sets for PS3/PS4/360/XB1 each time you`ll have a huge amount of PUR pts since it`s like $400 spent on used games each time. $400 on used is what 8,000 pts.

Doing this alone pays of PUR & GCU guilt free

As for this "deal" hell to the no used systems nope there`s far too many ways to score new ones for much cheaper than MSRP. Do those buy 2 new systems at a huge discount, sell the 2nd system for $50 off retail making the one you keep cheap to free.

bread's done
Back