What do you think the hardest game of all time is?

nneace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
What do you think the hardest game of all time is? and not the hardest game of all time to sit through (can anyone say E.T. for Atari or Fantastic Four for Psone?). i think the hardest game of all time was...

Judging from the amount of frustation gathered from start to finish it would have to be STUNTMAN for ps2. Argh! It's not just the insane difficulty that pisses me off but the load times as well. You wait about two minutes for the game to load, start your vehicle, accidentally clip a wall two seconds into it, restart level, wait two...and it continues. Damn. I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

One of the hardest games I can remember playing was Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES... that was rough!!!

My friends and I used to call them "quarter-grubbers" cause there was always tons of places where there was no way you could survive the first time you got there... unless you knew exactly what was going to happen...

which meant you ended up pumping quarters into the game over and over...

[quote name='nelsed']One of the hardest games I can remember playing was Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the SNES... that was rough!!!

My friends and I used to call them "quarter-grubbers" cause there was always tons of places where there was no way you could survive the first time you got there... unless you knew exactly what was going to happen...

which meant you ended up pumping quarters into the game over and over...[/quote]

Wasn't that the game where you got to the end, then you found out you forgot something and had to play through the whole damn thing again?

fuck that noise.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

The original Gradius on NES. My best friend and I have been playing it for over a decade, and neither of us has ever come close to beating it.

i dont think ninja gaiden is that hard....i just started playing it yesterday and im on chapter 9 ( how many chapters are there? )....ive had to play the same part about 5 times or so....but its not really hard like everyone makes it out to be....neither is jak ii.....the hardest game i ever played was wheel of fortune for ps2

g o
_ _ c k
_ _ u r s el f
_ _

go tuck yourself in? who'd have known

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i dont think ninja gaiden is that hard....i just started playing it yesterday and im on chapter 9 ( how many chapters are there? )....ive had to play the same part about 5 times or so....but its not really hard like everyone makes it out to be....neither is jak ii.....the hardest game i ever played was wheel of fortune for ps2

g o
_ _ c k
_ _ u r s el f
_ _

go tuck yourself in? who'd have known[/quote]

LOL, you took that directly from Family Guy. And I think NG has 16 chapters. I think.

yeah....sorry i didnt give direct credit to family guy....i figured anyone who has any sense of taste at all already knew where it was from....its only the best show ever....

16....looks like ill be beating this in a day or so....tho short (to me), ninja gaiden definitely seems better then halo (which was shorter, to me)

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']micro machines for NES or Einhander for PSOne[/quote]

yea, einhander is uber hard, i cant get past the 4th level.

Stuntman was fairly easy for me, average difficulty. It used to one of my fav games, I would play it all the time. The hardest game I've ever played? Gran Turismo 3. I can't stand simulation racing. I want to smash into everything!

Shingen the Ruler on NES. King's Field II on PSOne (I've played it a couple of months, haven't finished it). Dragon Throne on the PC.

[quote name='punqsux']hydlide...dont believe me? play it...its 99 cents at gamestop[/quote]

its 4 bucks and oos. i wouldve bught it for the buck.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i dont think ninja gaiden is that hard....i just started playing it yesterday and im on chapter 9 ( how many chapters are there? )....ive had to play the same part about 5 times or so....but its not really hard like everyone makes it out to be....neither is jak ii.....the hardest game i ever played was wheel of fortune for ps2

g o
_ _ c k
_ _ u r s el f
_ _

go tuck yourself in? who'd have known[/quote]

But, you already have the U and the O, so that can't be right.

Ninja Gaiden one on the nes. The begiing is easy but the end is brutal 3 bosses at the end and if you lose back to the beginning of the last level

rocly and bullwinkle for the nes, HANDS DOWN, dracula has spoken/ debate over(the reason it is hard is bc the controls are so dodgy). nes Ghosts n goblins is ass hard as well.

[quote name='dracula']rocly and bullwinkle for the nes, HANDS DOWN, dracula has spoken/ debate over(the reason it is hard is bc the controls are so dodgy). nes Ghosts n goblins is ass hard as well.[/quote]

i dunno, i mean YOU get killed in every single castlevania game ever.

I'm gonna go with Ikaruga...that game made me it's bitch and I cried like a little girl...

ok no I didn't...but jesus it is hard!

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='dracula']rocly and bullwinkle for the nes, HANDS DOWN, dracula has spoken/ debate over(the reason it is hard is bc the controls are so dodgy). nes Ghosts n goblins is ass hard as well.[/quote]

i dunno, i mean YOU get killed in every single castlevania game ever.[/quote]

LOL

Ikuraga is really hard but i think the hardest game ever for me is Steel Battalion which hasn't been mentioned.

[quote name='b3b0p']anyone ever beat Contra (the original) without the code?

Chris[/quote]

yep and actually i never even knew the code for it back then, infact i didnt even know how to use a comp (i must've been like 7) so i was really cut off from any codes/cheats u could get off the net.

i can't really say what the hardest game of all time was but ikaruga, super ghouls and ghosts, and metal slug all come to mind.

[quote name='EggViper']i can't really say what the hardest game of all time was but ikaruga, super ghouls and ghosts, and metal slug all come to mind.[/quote]

i can beat the first metal slug on two quaters. 3rd one is tough though.

Id say one of the hardest games that was never frustrating (I dont remember it being so anyways) is Blackthorne. The game was awsome and really challenging. Really one of the few games that can be really hard and never frustrating.

I'm going to get made fun of pretty hard for this...but I've never finished Zelda: OoT. I thought that was kinda hard. But it's because I'm lost in the fire level and I gave up.

But I think F-Zero GX was the hardest game I've played recently.

Didn't Gamespy determine that Mike Tysons Punchout wass the hardest game of all time. At least Mike Tyson was the most difficult boss ever in their judgement.

[quote name='Theenternal']Captain planet for the nes,

Ive managed to finish, battletoads, shingen the ruler, ninja gaiden for the nes :)[/quote]

You beat Shingen? You are the shaq-fuing man. :notworth:

Of all the games I have played in recent years I would have to Say Ecco the Dolphin on Dreamcast is the hardest.

The only game I never could finish because of difficulty was battletoads for nes. I just never could beat that water ski (or whatever the hell they rode) level- it just went too fast. I eventually did it on emulater a couple years ago- with a friends of mine saving throughout the entire sequence.

[quote name='coolcato']The only game I never could finish because of difficulty was battletoads for nes. I just never could beat that water ski (or whatever the hell they rode) level- it just went too fast. I eventually did it on emulater a couple years ago- with a friends of mine saving throughout the entire sequence.[/quote]

I always had trouble on that level too. I remember beating it a few times but it was always out of pure luck. Battletoads was a good game though.

when i think of games that are too hard I also have to consider how realistic there completion was. Games like Castlequest on the NES was probably possible but far to annoying to ever be worth the time to finish. A game like stuntman I might have tried to finish but after 4 level 5 or six hours and more than 4 of that being load times it was far to annyoing as well to be worth the trouble.

The best game I can think of that was a great challange yet also a great game to play was Contra 3: The Alien Wars. A fabulous game with many great bosses, great challanges yet still realistically possible.

[quote name='EggViper']
yep and actually i never even knew the code for it back then, infact i didnt even know how to use a comp (i must've been like 7) so i was really cut off from any codes/cheats u could get off the net.[/quote]

Wow, I can remember how hard gaming could be back in the day without GameFAQs. You had to go through all your Gamepro magazines or Nintendo Powers to find the codes and strategies... or find a way to beat the game yourself :shock:

As for hardest game, I'd have to say Tetris. It's impossible to beat!

How did everyone leave out TMNT1 for NES. That game was insane. I got to some level where everything was dark and the bulldings were numbered. This was me at like 8 years old playing 598593038905 hours non-stop. I can never put that many hours into that game at this age, that game would make one go bald. I would NEVER believe someone that told me they beat it. Not even jesus.

[quote name='billyknoxville']How did everyone leave out TMNT1 for NES. That game was insane. I got to some level where everything was dark and the bulldings were numbered. This was me at like 8 years old playing 598593038905 hours non-stop. I can never put that many hours into that game at this age, that game would make one go bald. I would NEVER believe someone that told me they beat it. Not even jesus.[/quote]

I remember that damn dirty part of the game where you had to cross the city in this one section of sewers and it was easy to get bumped into the water which made you start from the beginning. Damn the person to hell that designed that part of the game

hardest game of all time.. hrm.. i'll say any N64 game, that plastic is pretty hard. i'm not sure if the N64 carts are the hardest or not, but i think they are.

bread's done
Back