* * * - - 2 votes

Destiny: Limited Edition Pre-Order Still Available Best Buy - $99 ($79 GCU) FREE DESTINY BETA CODES

#271 denvilcahill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

denvilcahill

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

I think they cancelled my order without telling me...

I just checked my account activity on my credit card and $5 just got returned to it from a purchase I made at Best Buy on July 29th.  The only thing I can think of is that it is my Limited Edition preorder.

I haven't been notified otherwise and no $50 card offered...

#272 ritchardf  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

I just checked my account activity on my credit card and $5 just got returned to it from a purchase I made at Best Buy on July 29th.  The only thing I can think of is that it is my Limited Edition preorder.

you might check your best buy account and see if maybe a different email address is listed on there. i know some people like to use alternates when they sign up for retail accounts.

#273 denvilcahill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

denvilcahill

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

you might check your best buy account and see if maybe a different email address is listed on there. i know some people like to use alternates when they sign up for retail accounts.

Thanks... I checked it out but nothing...  I also forgot to mention that mine was preordered in store and not online...  Sorry...  Very tired...  Anyway, I assumed there would be an email because it's all one account but it could be a phone call I suppose...  

#274 Veridis_Quo   VAIR-RID-DIS CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

You preordered pretty late in the month so I'm not surprised your order got canceled. 

My order for PS4 Ghost Edition was placed July 11th and was canceled on July 21st.

There shouldn't be a reason why you were canceled, since you preordered the day the GE went up. Did you use a credit card to preorder? I know BB puts a pending charge on the card every week or so, just to make sure it has funds, and if it doesn't then they cancel the preorder AFAIK.

Both of you should relay your concerns to the BB reps over at the BB unlocked forums. They've also helped people who had trouble claiming their $50 gift card compensation.

http://forums.bestbu...led/td-p/836333