* * * - - 2 votes

Destiny: Limited Edition Pre-Order Still Available Best Buy - $99 ($79 GCU) FREE DESTINY BETA CODES

#61 gaggil   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Redeemed:

C2PF-TENG-8EG2

Thanks

#62 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

So the limited edition doesn't work with the $10 pre-order bonus?  That doesn't make any sense, but okay.

#63 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7700 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

So the limited edition doesn't work with the $10 pre-order bonus?  That doesn't make any sense, but okay.

That is how Best Buy has always been pretty much with Limited Editions and stuff. Very stupid I agree.

#64 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6451 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

It does.

That is how Best Buy has always been pretty much with Limited Editions and stuff. Very stupid I agree.

Please don't perpetuate incorrect information, as it only encourages stupid questions and confusion. Especially since Best Buy has always extended the offer to include other editions of the game. 

• ck0 likes this

#65 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Thank you!

#66 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Bungie will allow all access in about 20 minutes.

"Today, at 4:00 PM PDT, we’re opening the Destiny Beta to anyone who wants to create a character and walk in their boots. There are, of course, some requirements. You’ll need to have a compatible console equipped with PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold. You’ll need to be brave."

#67 Skychrono   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Skychrono

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:02 AM

There's no GCU share or anything, right?

#68 bullseye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bullseye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

for preoders online does it charge the full amount right off the bat or does it put a hold. never done it online yet

#69 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

for preoders online does it charge the full amount right off the bat or does it put a hold. never done it online yet

You'll see an authorization on your card (for the full amount) for a few days, then it goes away. The full payment is charged near release/shipping to store.

#70 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2693 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

You really should avoid spreading false information. LE's and CE's are included and have always been.

#71 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

Bungie will allow all access in about 20 minutes.

"Today, at 4:00 PM PDT, we’re opening the Destiny Beta to anyone who wants to create a character and walk in their boots. There are, of course, some requirements. You’ll need to have a compatible console equipped with PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold. You’ll need to be brave."

Really smart the way they've handled this.  First promote this as a preorder exclusive, then just give everybody access to try it out.  This game will sell like gangbusters.

#72 silent hav0c   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

silent hav0c

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

Don't we have enough threads about this fucking MSRP non-deal already?

Don't we have an entire section called free for code drops?

Yea...kind of have to agree.

Did you pre-order on PC?

#73 bullseye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bullseye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

You'll see an authorization on your card (for the full amount) for a few days, then it goes away. The full payment is charged near release/shipping to store.

thanks just making sure its not an authorization for the full time only a few days is okay thanks so much,

#74 bullseye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bullseye

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

does that also include if you order online and pick up in store.

#75 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

does that also include if you order online and pick up in store.

Yeah. That's what happens for me.  For instance, when I pre ordered Destiny, I saw an authorization for the full amount, then it disappeared in about two business days.  

For Watch Dogs, same thing.  I pre ordered (online) and the authorization stuck around for two days or so. Weeks later, when the game was in the store, the charge popped up and went through.  I then went into the store, picked it up, showed them the card I used to make the online order for verification and that was it.

For what it's worth, when Mario Kart 8 came out, I had an online pre order with Best Buy, but I chose to go with Fry's (like, across the street!) because of a cheaper price. In this case, I didn't pick up my online pre order (for in store pickup), and I was refunded after 8 days. Best Buy sends an email a couple of times asking you to pick up your pre order, but if you don't after 8 days you get a refund back to the card you used.

#76 MetalSlugger   :P CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I went to preorder the LE instore, but ended up being able to preorder the Ghost version instead (360).  It's on the kiosk for printing and the register let it go through fine.  YMMV?

#77 bullseye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bullseye

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

Yeah. That's what happens for me.  For instance, when I pre ordered Destiny, I saw an authorization for the full amount, then it disappeared in about two business days.  

For Watch Dogs, same thing.  I pre ordered (online) and the authorization stuck around for two days or so. Weeks later, when the game was in the store, the charge popped up and went through.  I then went into the store, picked it up, showed them the card I used to make the online order for verification and that was it.

For what it's worth, when Mario Kart 8 came out, I had an online pre order with Best Buy, but I chose to go with Fry's (like, across the street!) because of a cheaper price. In this case, I didn't pick up my online pre order (for in store pickup), and I was refunded after 8 days. Best Buy sends an email a couple of times asking you to pick up your pre order, but if you don't after 8 days you get a refund back to the card you used.

thanks

#78 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1680 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

This really sucks. Bungie isn't allowing online match-making for raids. Unless they change their policy before launch, I'm going to have to cancel my limited edition pre-order.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...nning-ign-first

#79 parkerlewis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

parkerlewis

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

This really sucks. Bungie isn't allowing online match-making for raids. Unless they change their policy before launch, I'm going to have to cancel my limited edition pre-order.
http://ca.ign.com/ar...nning-ign-first

My days of being able to dedicate multiple hours to raiding, let alone coordinating that same time with 5 friends, are long gone. I need to do some more research and figure out if this is a game I really want to keep my $100 preorder for or if it's another hypefest that will get old in a week like Titanfall.

#80 ck0  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

Seems like the more information that comes out, the more we begin the see the holes in the game, and the hype for it isn't justified.

I played the Alpha/Beta, and so far the story seems very weak and forgettable.  Story missions are boring; go here and check what it is, fight waves of enemies -- they seem more akin to side quests in a much better game.  AI is not very challenging or engaging.  

Then comes news of one area per planet, and possible low main game content, or content withheld for DLC. Beta pretty much had all but one mission for Earth, and they were completed within a couple of hours.  Most of my time was spent doing the Devil's Lair, and that was more grinding than challenging gameplay (which is why 'time spent' is not a good metric to judge a game, because it's the quality of that time matters).

Raids being 'rumored' to last quite a while had my interested, but lack of match-making makes this more difficult to get into, which should be the last thing Bungie wants.  

Organizing 6 people, that have the game on the same system, to be online at the same time, and not have any other commitments for a period of possibly 2 or more hours is simply unreasonable for the masses.  Shame too, because I don't care for PvP.

#81 gregleg   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Organizing 6 people, that have the game on the same system, to be online at the same time, and not have any other commitments for a period of possibly 2 or more hours is simply unreasonable for the masses. Shame too, because I don't care for PvP.

We were just talking about this last night. There's 3 of us who can at least try as a group semi-regularly, we can come up with a 4th, but if the raids require 6, that's going to be tricky.

I like the concept of missions that require real communication and teamwork, but I'm not sure how practical it will be. Clans, I suppose...

#82 TheBiz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Or maybe there's a community of like minded individuals with access to a message board who can organize some matches...hint hint.

I'm also disappointed to hear this but not at all surprised considering there was no matchmaking for any non-PvP modes in the beta. This game's meat is absolutely the cooperative looting.

#83 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

My days of being able to dedicate multiple hours to raiding, let alone coordinating that same time with 5 friends, are long gone. I need to do some more research and figure out if this is a game I really want to keep my $100 preorder for or if it's another hypefest that will get old in a week like Titanfall.

Yeah I really hope they add matchmaking to the raids. I don't even know if I'll have 6 friends buying this game, let alone being able to organize them into playing the game at the same time as me. If there isn't any matchmaking on raids eventually, I doubt I'll be able to play them.

#84 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I waited to long to pre-order this.. o well. I'm sure around release, there will be some available.

#85 Ham Salad 360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Ham Salad 360

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

I tried pre-ordering this in my store today. Even though I was able to print the ticket for the Xbox One limited edition from the kiosk, it would ring up.at all. Neither scanning the ticket's UPC nor manually inputting the pre-order SKU worked.

#86 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

I tried pre-ordering this in my store today. Even though I was able to print the ticket for the Xbox One limited edition from the kiosk, it would ring up.at all. Neither scanning the ticket's UPC nor manually inputting the pre-order SKU worked.

The cashier needs to be sure they are in preorder mode at the POS. I'm not saying the preorder window is still active, but I've had cashiers scan my slip and it come up invalid before setting up preorder mode and getting it to work the 2nd time around.

#87 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

Now I'm debating if I want this version since it isn't that much more with GCU. Although I don't realistically see myself playing this for a long time.

#88 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3086 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Had the same issue trying to get a PS3 pre-order for the GHOST edition.  Basically means they're out of their allotment for that system.

Also took up a 360 ticket and that one went thru fine.

At my stores, none had the PS4 or X1 versions come up on the kiosk, only 360 and PS3.  But like I said, only the 360 pre-order sale went thru.

#89 Ham Salad 360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Ham Salad 360

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

The cashier needs to be sure they are in preorder mode at the POS. I'm not saying the preorder window is still active, but I've had cashiers scan my slip and it come up invalid before setting up preorder mode and getting it to work the 2nd time around.

Yeah, he was in pre-order mode. Another cashier even tried it at the service desk.

Had the same issue trying to get a PS3 pre-order for the GHOST edition.  Basically means they're out of their allotment for that system.

Also took up a 360 ticket and that one went thru fine.

At my stores, none had the PS4 or X1 versions come up on the kiosk, only 360 and PS3.  But like I said, only the 360 pre-order sale went thru.

That's what we figured, though they couldn't confirm it was sold out for their store.

I'm not upset because i couldn't pre-order; it just annoys me because the kiosk let me print a slip for it. Oh well.

#90 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

Just got my cancellation notice. Thanks Best Buy!

July 23rd order. PS4 Limited edition.

They're offering me $50 towards the digital guardian or standard edition as compensation.