* * * * * 3 votes

(Amazon PM'D) Killer is Dead (Xbox 360/ps3) $9.99 New/$8.99 Used @Gamestop

gamestop xseed killer is dead xbox ps3 new used

#31 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

Making this game $4 and change after using the Lionheart Tactics coupon. Thanks, OP!

Well if there's any LE copies left around me I would grab one for $4.

#32 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

Got the limited edition like others. I was surprised it was still sealed. first time I went to pick something NEW up and didn't get some gutted crap where the employee tries to explain how it's new because it hasn't been played.

#33 ElMexiMerican  

ElMexiMerican

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

Almost bought this at $20 a week ago. Glad I held off, plan on going soonish and using the b-day coupon and five dollar couponto buy it! Thanks, OP

#34 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Looks like I'll be returning my current copy to get one at the new price, good thing it's still sealed.

#35 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8501 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

When it was $20, I checked around local GameStops, and they were all gutted, so I didn't bother checking again when it hit $15. I almost bought it from GameStop.com when it was $15, but I didn't have enough filler to get free shipping. Just ordered now from Amazon for $10.

#36 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2718 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

Haha, I was just thinking I paid $10 for the extras without the game. We both could've waited, huh?

Walmart online TIV is 7.5x, with the lionheart coupon, they are paying me to keep the extras.

#37 ElMexiMerican  

ElMexiMerican

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

Just came back from my GameStop. Was looking for the PS3 version but couldn't find it, asked the cashier if he had any new copies left and pulled out a sealed 360 copy, which I happily took. Can't beat $5 for this game, especially since it's an LE. Also, the cashier told me to come back in and buy another used game under $20 to get another game for free. Saw this on my receipt for Ground Zeroes, so I will check back next week to see if I can get something with both receipts.

#38 sliknik27   Lost in the Woods CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Local Gamestop actually opened the outer box to put a sticker on the inner box, then resealed it with a low quality circular sticker and sold it as new. I will keep it since it was only $5, but damn if this didn't remind again why I hate Gamestop with a passion.

#39 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3694 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

:o "killer is dad".. somebody needs to make that a game. It'll be about a detective chasing a killer who apparently is his dad.. and it reveals corruption and all kinds of stuff. I would buy that. But as far as killer is dead is concerned.. no. Never. $10? PSH. Don't make me shart.

#40 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1551 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

bummer.  I got the LE for $14.99. If i find another one sealed i would get it again. 

#41 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

:o "killer is dad".. somebody needs to make that a game. It'll be about a detective chasing a killer who apparently is his dad.. and it reveals corruption and all kinds of stuff. I would buy that. But as far as killer is dead is concerned.. no. Never. $10? PSH. Don't make me shart.

Killer is Dad sounds like an Octodad spinoff.

#42 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30648 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Gotta say thanks OP.  Originally bought the game for $12.99 from Gamefly hoping it came with all the extra stuff, but it didn't.  (Makes sense now since I see how heavy the LE is).  Was able to pick up a copy of the new LE version from Gamestop for $5+ tax and locked in the trade of the one I currently own at Amazon for $5 as well.  Except for gas, basically a free upgrade.  

And I'm impressed with the LE, they did a decent job on it.

#43 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

So is amazon selling the LE? A pic seems to indicate it comes with the graphic novel?

#44 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

Garbage is Smelly

#45 GBKeroberos  

GBKeroberos

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

Thanks OP, grabbed a sealed 360 LE for 5 bucks after the Kongregate coupon.

Wish I didn't buy it from Gamefly for 12.99 a few months back, I still haven't played it.  :(  Oh well.

Hey Terra Vista Gamestop employee who was talking about trading your copy of Majora's Mask to some kid for Conker-- if you're a CAG and you see this, let's hang out bro. lol

I was the dude who came in about an hour ago and was helped out by your purple-clad colleague (who I'm assuming is not a CAG).

#46 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1440 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

I picked up the last sealed copy for 360 and used th $5 off coupon. Thanks op

#47 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Thanks OP, grabbed a sealed 360 LE for 5 bucks after the Kongregate coupon.

Wish I didn't buy it from Gamefly for 12.99 a few months back, I still haven't played it. :( Oh well.

Hey Terra Vista Gamestop employee who was talking about trading your copy of Majora's Mask to some kid for Conker-- if you're a CAG and you see this, let's hang out bro. lol

I was the dude who came in about an hour ago and was helped out by your purple-clad colleague (who I'm assuming is not a CAG).

CAGlist Missed Connections: Connecting CAGs and retail employees and only occasionally someone loses a kidney.

#48 matrixman92   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

matrixman92

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

wait, im confused. So is the one on gamestops website the LE, or has it been reissued without all of the LE stuff. It doesnt look like my local gamestop has any new copies at all. I really want the LE though

#49 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

wait, im confused. So is the one on gamestops website the LE, or has it been reissued without all of the LE stuff. It doesnt look like my local gamestop has any new copies at all. I really want the LE though

It's all one SKU I believe as it's just one of those first run things and stores just got a mix of both.

#50 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5105 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

As far as any of us know, there was never a non-LE version.

#51 matrixman92   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

matrixman92

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

hmmm, think I might just order it online and take a chance. I have wanted this game for a while anyway, this is a good enough price

#52 SilentBob50023   Kneel Before Zod CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

SilentBob50023

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

That's what I was led to believe too.  With Amazon price matching this, it made more sense to go that route instead of paying sales tax at GameStop (plus no waste of time/fuel running to and from).  

#53 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

if you can get a $5 kongregate coupon (see other thread: http://www.cheapassg...actics-for-free ) it stacks with this so makes sense to go in store and pick it up for just $5, otherwise yeah amazon is good too.

also pc got this game on steam recently, it hasn't really gone on sale yet but I'm sure in the winter sales it'll be $5

#54 matrixman92   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

matrixman92

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

That's what I was led to believe too.  With Amazon price matching this, it made more sense to go that route instead of paying sales tax at GameStop (plus no waste of time/fuel running to and from).  

oh woah, i kind of skimmed through this thread to the end and didnt see that they had matched it. Thanks for posting this at the right time lol

#55 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

You guys are drunk.

#56 SilentBob50023   Kneel Before Zod CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

SilentBob50023

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

You guys are drunk.

I'm not a drinker.  I've never seen a non-LE "in the wild" as other CAGs are wont to say, but it doesn't mean they don't exist.  I'll have to do a bit more research.  Do you know the different SKU numbers by chance?

#57 GBKeroberos  

GBKeroberos

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

CAGlist Missed Connections: Connecting CAGs and retail employees and only occasionally someone loses a kidney.

"Hey, are you a CAG?"

"What?"

"Cheap Ass Gamer. It's a website for game deals."

"...No."

"Never mind."

^^ I wanted to avoid one of these awkward exchanges, or I would've said something to him directly.

EDIT: To clarify, he mentioned he had just set aside a copy of Killer is Dead for himself, which is what made me suspect he might be a CAG. I guess without that little bit of info this is an even more awkward story.

#58 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

I'm not a drinker.  I've never seen a non-LE "in the wild" as other CAGs are wont to say, but it doesn't mean they don't exist.  I'll have to do a bit more research.  Do you know the different SKU numbers by chance?

All of the GS stores around here were about 50/50 on day 1 based on what they had behind the counters.  Have no idea on SKUs.

#59 SilentBob50023   Kneel Before Zod CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

SilentBob50023

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

All of the GS stores around here were about 50/50 on day 1 based on what they had behind the counters.  Have no idea on SKUs.

I appreciate the quick response.  Option A is make the dreaded trip to GameStop to visually verify it's the LE; Option B is order from Amazon and cross fingers.  I don't like to rely on luck, it's definitely worth the time and effort to get the LE contents for same price, so I'll probably go the Option A route.

#60 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

I appreciate the quick response.  Option A is make the dreaded trip to GameStop to visually verify it's the LE; Option B is order from Amazon and cross fingers.  I don't like to rely on luck, it's definitely worth the time and effort to get the LE contents for same price, so I'll probably go the Option A route.

I wouldn't expect it from Amazon as it was a first run thing.  It shows the picture of the LE for the second image on Amazon but if you read the description you'll see "Launch copies also include:- 80 page hardcover art book- Soundtrack CD containing 25 songs- The ‘Smooth Operator’ DLC pack- Additional "Episode 51" with the vampiric Sebastian".