* * * * - 3 votes

Amazon Lightning Deal: The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide 7/24 3PM EST

#1 RADa5AURU5   CAGa5AURU5 CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

RADa5AURU5

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co...uct/0804161380/

Tomorrow (7/24) at 3PM EST Amazon will have a lightning deal for The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide Box set. Current price is $107.99, no idea what the price will be, but just a heads up for anybody interested in it.

Edit: Thanks, oiskaio for posting the price, $79.99. And I corrected the date.

#2 oiskaio   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

Tomorrow (7/23) at 3PM EST Amazon will have a lightning deal for The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide Box set. Current price is $107.99, no idea what the price will be, but just a heads up for anybody interested in it.

Just to clarify was it TODAY 7/23 or is it tomorrow 7/24?

** EDIT **   It is tomorrow 7/24 and will be $79.99 

600x700_zelda_box_sale(2).jpg

#3 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20031 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

$80... that's a tough price. I mean, I still want it but then again, it seems like it was way overproduced and might go lower. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4 Cthulthu  

Cthulthu

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Been eyeing that one. Now to remember...

#5 RabbitSuit   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

RabbitSuit

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Decent price considering the individual costs. That and there's an exclusive book in it still, right?

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#6 Roukiske   For Great Justice CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

I saw one review on amazon say that the guides don't come with the posters and other goodies they normally come with. Is this true? That could be a deal breaker for me

Edit: Looks like it does not come with the goodies the original books came with :[

#7 Y2JerichoHALic55   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Y2JerichoHALic55

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Is this actually autographed by Eiji Aonuma or it's just a copy of his signature?
Posted Image

#8 Mr_hat   Banned Banned   659 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Mr_hat

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

Is this actually autographed by Eiji Aonuma or it's just a copy of his signature?

Either way it wont matter. There is a reason why its a lighting deal, hardly anyone is buying it. Real or not its just a guys signature, and its not like he is signing it for you personally.

#9 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, they way over produced this. I had it preordered, and the closer it got, I canceled as it was still available EVERYWHERE. 

#10 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

Preordered this and still had it sealed. I believe I paid around $80 at the time when there was a 20% off on anything sold by Amazon. Was fun time buying all those items that rarely go on sale (apple accessories).

#11 oiskaio   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

I'd love to have this, but at $80 I think I'll just have to pass.

#12 markbrochilll   MM3DSXL Master Race CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

markbrochilll

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

$80 is too much for me. I'll pass

#13 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

In for 100!!! Nah I'll pass. Don't have the monies and will probably question the purchase later on. But thanks for the heads up OP!

#14 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20031 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

As of right now, there are 999 copies available on Amazon. I highly doubt someone sat there and signed 999 copies of something. And that's ignoring the fact that Amazon had a re-stock of this and I think other stores carried this as well. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#15 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

As of right now, there are 999 copies available on Amazon. I highly doubt someone sat there and signed 999 copies of something. And that's ignoring the fact that Amazon had a re-stock of this and I think other stores carried this as well.

yea even walmart and target carries it as well as a dozen other places and all still have stock

#16 themortalplague   Some Random Dude CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

themortalplague

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Ugh i would do 60 still can't make 80 for something that will sit and collect dust. I do still want it but hopefully nobody buys it at that price either so it can go down more. Who are they fooling with that 100 dollars off? I don't recall this being anything but 108 on amazon.

#17 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10057 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

$80 kinda pricey.  I holding off for $60 or less. Already owned 3 out of 6 books

"Evil is Funs"

#18 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

I have one of those books, but will buy the set at $40, no more.

#19 TheRainCoat   Rain rain windy rain. CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

TheRainCoat

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

$80 for some game guides is steep. Now if they were art books.....

#20 desertfox41   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

desertfox41

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Jeez what's all the complaining for $80? I bought this at just over $100 which is well worth the price in my opinion. At $80 each book is just over $13 and you get the awesome chest box and a sweet gold metallic bookmark. For collector's guides this nice that is a heck of a deal.

#21 pittsnoggle   Acting Lord CAGiversary!   2228 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Might bite but I already have wind Waker guide

690810.png

#22 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

I was in at $107... should have waited.  My treasure box is still unopened.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#23 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Jeez what's all the complaining for $80? I bought this at just over $100 which is well worth the price in my opinion. At $80 each book is just over $13 and you get the awesome chest box and a sweet gold metallic bookmark. For collector's guides this nice that is a heck of a deal.

As others have pointed out, a number of CAGs bought this and never opened it.  Staring at $100 or even $80 that you spent on an unopened box on a shelf that you do nothing but look at on occasion isn't exactly a heck of a deal.  In addition, it's not an art book and essentially it's just a third party strategy guide set that was printed in massive quantities.  As such, some of us feel like $80 is still too much.  

#24 Matrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

As others have pointed out, a number of CAGs bought this and never opened it.  Staring at $100 or even $80 that you spent on an unopened box on a shelf that you do nothing but look at on occasion isn't exactly a heck of a deal. 

The value in that item isn't in the everyday use, just like a piece of sports memorabilia sits on the shelf not being used. By your logic it wouldn't be a heck of a deal to spend $100 on a signed babe ruth ball

#25 rcerboss  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I never understood the point of this to begin with.  Who cares about strategy guides at all in this day and age, let alone for games this old?  I mean I've bought a couple, but only when they are like $5 or less, and even then it was only for the posters/art/ect that is missing from this collection.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#26 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   1499 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I pre-ordered this last year, and got it when it came out. It weighs soooooo much! I'm not kidding, the thing is like a massive bowling ball when you pick it up. Not that surprising, considering that it contains several hard-backed tomes. But it is an extremely substantial package.

You don't get this one for the utility. Anyone with an internet connection can replicate the functionality with a quick trip to GameFAQs. This is a collectors item for display and style. And in that respect it is quite keen. The production values are very high, and the whole package feels solid and attractive. For any long-time Zelda fans, it is well worth having on your shelf.

#27 rcerboss  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

I pre-ordered this last year, and got it when it came out. It weighs soooooo much! I'm not kidding, the thing is like a massive bowling ball when you pick it up. Not that surprising, considering that it contains several hard-backed tomes. But it is an extremely substantial package.

You don't get this one for the utility. Anyone with an internet connection can replicate the functionality with a quick trip to GameFAQs. This is a collectors item for display and style. And in that respect it is quite keen. The production values are very high, and the whole package feels solid and attractive. For any long-time Zelda fans, it is well worth having on your shelf.

I figured that, but if it's aimed at collector's why cut out the posters and extras?  Isn't that by far the best part?  I'm a pretty big Zelda fan myself and I still don't see any point in incomplete guidebooks.  The only other possible market I can think of is some niche where people are hardcore retro and want to play through these games but get stuck and refuse to use the internet because they are oh so retro..... :-k or something....

The chest is cool I guess....

The value in that item isn't in the everyday use, just like a piece of sports memorabilia sits on the shelf not being used. By your logic it wouldn't be a heck of a deal to spend $100 on a signed babe ruth ball

Well, baseball signatures DO suck.... they are so hard to write on.  Give me a signed jersey or cap anyday... but even those seem kinda pointless to display outside of a sports bar.  I guess it just depends on what you are into....

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#28 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

That's my point.  There is very little collectible value here because they produced far too many of them and it's just a third party box of books for old games.  Indeed, nobody is even sure if the signature on this is real or just an autopen.  At least an authentic Babe Ruth ball would have some rarity and potentially historic value.  This is just a mass produced third party item that now they can't get rid of without slashing the price.  

#29 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

It's not a real signature, just a printed one. I have this set.

#30 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3997 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

It's not a real signature, just a printed one. I have this set.

Did you expect them to write a signature on every copy of this?