Rocketfish PS4 stand $7.99 at Best Buy (clearance B&M YMMV)

I might get one if I find it at this price...however....what a poorly designed stand...it only adds like half an inch to each side of the PS4...

I've had one since launch. It's pretty legit. There are two mechanisms on the bottom that fit into that recessed portion of the PS4's frame, and once you twist to lock it, it expands the rubber feet into the groove to lock it in place. No issues at all. The footprint makes it a bit wider, and seeing as I have cats, I'd like to do what I can to keep it upright and not get knocked over by one of them. Thankfully, nothing yet.

OP, considering it's usually $20, I'd say this is a great deal (60% off).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cross-posting this after I just this posted on SD:

Grabbed a couple of these for my cousin and I last week! Good deal.

Especially considering something that it doesn't seem like a lot of people are aware of: for all intents and purposes this is the "official" PS4 stand. Sony has not yet released an *officially branded* stand in NA but this stand is the one that is pictured on the retail box for the PS4. BestBuy, GameStop and possibly others have all released this stand under their internal accessory brands (RocketFish, Insignia, Red Samurai, etc) and they are all 100% identical. 

Kind of a weird situation but I looked into it last week to confirm these weren't total junk. So I'll say this is recommended and a really good deal!

I have a Lvl 99 Gear vertical stand I got from amazon for $8.75 and it is fine. It's not this one. It's a simpler design. Don't know if the Rocketfish one is better or not. Though the Lvl 99 Gear one doesn't add a lot of width, it definitely adds some and helps with stability, so I'm sure this one does at least as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood the appeal of these stands. Is it so you can stand them up on a curved surface? I've set up my PS3 and PS4 vertically since the day I opened the box and never had a problem or a desire to buy a stand.

What about dust blocking the intake vents--wouldn't they be at the bottom? I'm curious to know about the best position to dissipate heat before I buy.

bread's done
Back