Gamestop's new Gift Card Exchange

kupomogli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hopefully more stores start to do this.  Let's you exchange any gift cards you receive with a Gamestop gift card.  Makes those great deals because they offer gift cards at certain stores I plan to never shop at again better because I can switch it to a Gamestop gift card.

https://gamestop.cardpool.com/?utm_source=instore&utm_medium=flier&utm_content=july14&utm_campaign=vanityurl

This appeared in yesterday's email and I couldn't find another thread that's already posted it(unless it's in one of the all encompassing Gamestop threads.) 

*edit*

From comments, they take a percentage off for those interested, almost 20%.  Guess I don't shop around enough to know that this feature is used elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
yah I got that to, I like the idea just don't hardly get any gift cards, pretty good when when you have those with a 1.00 or 2.00 balance or alike or if someone gives you one of the visa giftcards that have activation fees, not used on time fee, etc good way to avoid losing money cause of visa crap

There are plenty of websites that do this sort of thing.  Usually its around a 10% hit for cash payment for gift cards from major stores.  I don't have a gift card on hand to check what sort of value gamestop is giving but it's not worth it unless they are giving a higher percentage than 90% of it's value. 

Not sure how this qualifies as a deal.  All they did is essentially partner with Cardcash.com and they are forcing you to take a GS gift card instead of cash or other payment.  As others have pointed out, other sites allow the same thing, but they take a significant percentage to make the switch.  

Somehow this is both more restrictive and less of a deal than just going directly to a card exchange site.

I could get $42.50 cash or $44.63 Amazon credit for a $50 Sears card .. or use this GameStop site and get $40 GameStop credit.

I'll pass.

[quote name="TooPoor" post="11953045" timestamp="1406227015"]Cool, I have a bunch of Victoria's Secret gift cards![/quote]

How u got them? Might want to buy something for my gf.

Either way, GS is making profit using this exchange giftcard.

$47.66 for a $56.74 Walmart GC (~83.99718011984491%).  Also, they don't take Kenny's Smokehouse GC.  :shame:

Shit. This could have been handy last week. But then again, $52 GS for $62 Walmart is almost a 20% loss. :/
If you have enough Walmart GC and if you have access to Sam's Club, you can turn $206 Walmart money into $200 Vanilla MC money at the self checkout with almost zero effort.

Interesting, I knew they would find a way for kids to exchange their clothes store GCs for games.  Now kids won't have to be sad when they get them, that is until they tell their parents lol.  Apart from them, who in their right mind will lose money taking a lesser value GS GC than cash from one of those GC sites. lol

... AND it looks like I'm still stuck with my hastings gift card. Brb had it for over a year and they never have anything that interests me. Cot dammit.

Edit: not even mad after I just read some of the response ITT. Will just try to find something to flip from Hastings or on their website, or use one of the websites people are mentioning to convert it to amazon credit.

Hmmm.. Does this service or any similar one let me trade Microsoft Store gift cards to Gamestop?  I don't see it as an option through the pull down menu.

There are plenty of websites that do this sort of thing. Usually its around a 10% hit for cash payment for gift cards from major stores. I don't have a gift card on hand to check what sort of value gamestop is giving but it's not worth it unless they are giving a higher percentage than 90% of it's value.
love to know where i can dump a gamestop gift card and only lose 10% tops. Hell i got a 800 buck card i love to get 720 for

If you could do it right in store it would be worthwhile.
Ya...but then, they'd just take the cards, scratch off the coating over the pin number, and hang them on the gift card rack at full value with a "new" sticker :D

So, my questions are:

1) Which other retailers will GameStop accept gift cards from?

2) What are the gift-card exchange rates?

Are the rates same for each retailer? Different? Or what?

3) Is there any place w/ tons of details on how this works?

How u got them? Might want to buy something for my gf. Either way, GS is making profit using this exchange giftcard.
They have a buy $xx get a GC scratcher at least once a year. My wife goes every year, buys a much of stuff for her and her sisters, do multiple transactions and get a GC for each transaction. Of course my post is joke, "I" don't have them, my wife has them and she sure as hell won't let me convert them to GS GCs :lol:

Who needs bra and thongs when you can have games. lol
Word.

Since when is giving someone money only to have them hand you back less a gaming deal? Even if this was a deal I would....now call me crazy here.....post it in the non gaming deal thread......

This would be perfect if it was 1:1 cuz I have $120 from the Walmart trade in and I have $125 balance due on Destiny Ghost ed. I'll be better off looking for a game to PM then flip.

Lol...wifey will probably pay you 5% more than GS. Wish I can be as careless financially as her and spend that kind of monies on games monthly.
LOL I`d think most guys should win the money war in regards to games/systems depending on the woman`s wardrobe. Purses and shoes alone costing $300- $1500 I`m like that`s my yearly gaming budget & for her just 1 pair of shoes & 1 purse.

If I`m hit with the "we gotta cut back spending" junk the 1st follow up question is what`s the TIV of those red bottoms? I know I can float of few hundred dollars from my backlog & not miss a beat.

Can you use e-cards with this?

I wish there was a way to turn temporary promo credit to permanent Gamestop credit

easy way to cheat the system. Take down all the info on the GC you're trading in, get gamestop gift card (and immediately) use the credit, use the info you stored from your old gift card and redeem it online. BAM! Free money

easy way to cheat the system. Take down all the info on the GC you're trading in, get gamestop gift card (and immediately) use the credit, use the info you stored from your old gift card and redeem it online. BAM! Free money
Oh boy this will be entertaining...grabbing some popcorn...

lGpan3E.png

I would imagine that GCs you trade in are redeemed electronically immediately... ie, as soon as you enter your trade in GC's info on that website, the system will redeem credit electronically... meaning your GC gets used up right away.

I doubt GS goes out and buys something with these GCs. This is basically a way for retailers to save money by cutting down on their outstanding GC liability.

pretty sure they would check to see if the balance is on the card before sending you out cash. Also dont know many stores that will just take a GIFT CARD NUMBER instead of showing a card at a real store.

You're going to find that won't work. All of these giftcard trade-in sites require that you enter your CC info and sometimes other personal info in case something goes wrong with the cards you sell them. Part of the agreement you make with them is that they can charge you whatever they paid you if the card is stolen, fraudulent, used, etc...

You should`ve offered that thru CAG, there`s plenty of us that could turn $100 BB into much more than -$15 @ GS.
I still have it, I was just checking how much GameStop was offering. They don't even accept my $25 Target since they probably take more than 15% for that specific retailer?

bread's done
Back