- - - - -

Mad Max: Fury Road

Mad Max

#1 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Anyone else excited for this film?  After seeing the trailer I know I should hate it, but I can't.  Over the years I have read so much about this film and it just seemed to get worse and worse with all that I read.  Now seeing the trailer it looks nothing like what I had read about and I'm glad.  This just looks like it could be a fun post apocalyptic shut your brain off film.  That might be why I like it based on just this trailer even though deep down something tells me I should hate it.

#2 CannibalCrowley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

CannibalCrowley

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

It seems to lack the gritty nature of the original. I'd prefer a new film in the world instead of a remake.

#3 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7593 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

It seems to lack the gritty nature of the original. I'd prefer a new film in the world instead of a remake.

It is a new film in the world and not a remake. Lacks the gritty nature as this is not the late 70s early 80s and its a digitally shot movie not shot on film.

#4 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'm down to watch anything Tom Hardy does as his a top notch actor in my book. I think he fits the role pretty good too. I know Mel Gibson made the role famous, but I doubt they'd put him in the film as Max again. Would be weird. I suppose a cameo could be in order do, that's be kind of cool. 

#5 CannibalCrowley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

CannibalCrowley

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Damn, then they need to fire whoever cut the trailer because that thing screams remake. As for the grit factor, it's not just the look.

#6 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

Like I said I know I shouldn't like this, but I do.  I'm really looking forward to it more than any remakes that have come out.  I really hope this does the series justice as a remake.  I'm also hoping it tries to be different from the others and it looks like it might.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mad Max