- - - - -

Wii U InvisiShell $1.99 & Stereo Headset $4.99 @ BB

#1 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

With many CAGs and (people in general) purchasing a Wii U, here are a few cheap, but useful accessories on clearance at Best Buy!

Rocketfish™ - Wii U InvisiShell - Transparent - $1.99

http://m.bestbuy.com...cat273800050036

Rocketfish™ - Wii U Stereo Headset - $4.99

http://m.bestbuy.com...cat273800050036

The former looks and feels great, offers protection for a minimal price, and allows you to charge the GamePad on the charging stand without having to take it off!

The latter is pretty self explanatory, but not a bad price if you're looking for a spare headset. Also compatible with the PS4 Dualshock 4!

Hopefully this helps out a few people! Delete if repost! I bid thee good day!

Trying to find time for video games, while also trying to be a decent college student.

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Destiny / Mortal Kombat   :ps3: Assassin's Creed: Rogue / Destiny  :vita: Child of Light / Resistance: Retribution   :wiiu: Super Smash Bros.  :3ds: Monster Hunter Ultimate 4

Most Recently Beat:  :ps4: Life Is Strange  :ps4: The Order: 1886

"Sony gave me a partial refund on a Wii U game."

#2 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I bought the InvisiShell back when MK8 came out.   Actually got it for the same $2 price which is why I even pulled the trigger on it.   It's actually not bad, it definitely doesn't feel high quality, it's hard plastic not rubber or flexible.   It's definitely worth $2 though but I imagine it wouldn't last long if you drop it on hard surfaces a few times, then again that's it's purpose.   

I'd recommend both if you could use them.

contra.gif

#3 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

The headset has been that price at my BB for awhile. I bought one and the box was covered in thick dust.

#4 desertfox41   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

desertfox41

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

The best feature of the shell is it has a kickstand on the backside. Also a great case if you bought the Windwaker bundle so you can see the gold trim on the gamepad.

#5 MetalGearHorus  

MetalGearHorus

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

Can anyone comment on the potential scratch-factor to the face of the gamepad from using the InvisiShield? I've seen it for months now in my store at the $2 price, but I always turn it down after hearing horror stories of what similar products did to the lids of 3DS XLs. 

I baby this thing like crazy as it is, but I would hate to get burned by a product that's supposed to keep my shit minty fresh.

AMIIBO

#6 Sion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Can anyone comment on the potential scratch-factor to the face of the gamepad from using the InvisiShield? I've seen it for months now in my store at the $2 price, but I always turn it down after hearing horror stories of what similar products did to the lids of 3DS XLs. 

I baby this thing like crazy as it is, but I would hate to get burned by a product that's supposed to keep my shit minty fresh.

I've been using one for about 9 months on my Wind Waker GamePad and have removed it to clean it on few occasions when hair/dust would get underneath it and it has kept my pad scratch free.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,957 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014

#7 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19724 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

I've been using one for about 9 months on my Wind Waker GamePad and have removed it to clean it on few occasions when hair/dust would get underneath it and it has kept my pad scratch free.

I don't like the idea of having dust get trapped in there, but there being a kickstand is definitely nice. But for $2, it might be worth it to buy it and use it in addition to a protective skin or something. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#8 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

I got the Wii U headset earlier this year as my 3rd string headset  for $5 lol. My sister in law got a Wii U the other day so I figured a $2 would be nice. 

#9 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

I don't like the idea of having dust get trapped in there, but there being a kickstand is definitely nice. But for $2, it might be worth it to buy it and use it in addition to a protective skin or something.

Won't fit with a skin on.

#10 rcerboss  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

There's no sort of screenprotector on that plastic shell is there?

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#11 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
XONE

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

I got 2 of the shells a while back and also the headset. The shell works perfectly for what it is but does not actually protect the screen. The headset is okay, definitely not good, but worth having a way to communicate on the Wii u for $5

StudentofTruth.png

#12 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1238 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Isn't the gamepad itself a headset? Can't you chat with the gamepad? If so, I'm going to pass, but if not, then I might bite.

<p>194619.png

#13 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
XONE

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

Isn't the gamepad itself a headset? Can't you chat with the gamepad? If so, I'm going to pass, but if not, then I might bite.

Im not sure about that. But even if it was its likely to be like using the kinect as a mic which is horrible

StudentofTruth.png

#14 rcerboss  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I got 2 of the shells a while back and also the headset. The shell works perfectly for what it is but does not actually protect the screen. The headset is okay, definitely not good, but worth having a way to communicate on the Wii u for $5

I'll probably pass then.  For that matter, a screenprotector seems like a waste of money too, but it would be nice to help keep all the dust off the screen.  

Oh well, thanks anyways.

Think of the worst mic you've ever used for PS360, then lower it another launch.  Now imagine having to hold the Gamepad up into your face whenever you speak.  That's what you've got with WiiU.  However I have that headphone set and it's really not much better.  

The mic isn't built into the headphones itself either; it's this little bit of plastic on the wire that you still have to hold up to talk into.  All that said, the headphones themselves work fine.... just know that you either have to use them in off-TV mode, or else you will only hear whatever the gamepad outputs.  

In other words, for games like NSMBU or NSLU, you can just mute the TV and play as normal with the headphones since the sound/music on the gamepad is identical to what's on the TV.  I do this all the time when the roommate is hung over on the couch or whatever lol.  However, for games like Need For Speed Most Wanted, the headphones won't do jack shit unless you are playing in off-TV mode, which makes them useless in that game for someone like me (even if I gave a shit about off-TV mode, games like N4S are too hard to play on that tiny screen).  So if you are expecting headphones that function like a wired version of the PS3 headset, know that's not what you are getting.  They do have their uses, and for this price they are certainly worth checking out (I'm thinking of buying a 2nd pair myself for use with handheld devices), but they certainly aren't what I expected in that they only play what the gamepad plays, and not the TV itself.  A major oversight by Nintendo IMO.

Hope that helps someone!

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?