- - - - -

PS4, Killzone, 1-Year PS+ for $398.88 (w/coupon) @ Best Buy

#1 enigma   DJ Enigma CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

I thought this deserved mentioning. Best Buy's Deal of the Day is a PS4, Killzone: Shadow Fall, and a year of PlayStation Plus for $429.99. However, even though it's a bundle, the USPS Mover's Coupon DOES stack. This brought the total to $398.88 AFTER tax.

While we're not talking Deal Of The Year material here, that's still about $125 savings off what they'd all cost separately after tax. Couple this with the (potential) gift card from the Xbox debacle yesterday like I did and you've got yourself a nice little PS4 bundle for under $100.

Receipt:
http://i.imgur.com/2IhLCsM.jpg

#2 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

SF goes on sale constantly for $20 and it's expected to be free under PS+. PS+ is worth about $40.

$430 vs $460. That's about a $30 savings. Movers coupon is nice but this isn't really that special especially when you pay tax at Bestbuy. The constant $360 + Ebay Bucks or the $280 Target deal have been better.

It's OK I guess.

#3 Kazeno Katana   Has been playing Heroes of the Storm
PC

Kazeno Katana

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

$280 Target deal was better but I don't trust those $360 eBay deals. They've gotten a lot of bad reviews with those PS4's they sell and I've seen a lot of Slickdealers/CAGS saying they're selling used ones as new.

#4 zeronotyethero   A Muthaf***ing Bunny CAGiversary!   1724 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

zeronotyethero

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

SF goes on sale constantly for $20 and it's expected to be free under PS+. PS+ is worth about $40.

$430 vs $460. That's about a $30 savings. Movers coupon is nice but this isn't really that special especially when you pay tax at Bestbuy. The constant $360 + Ebay Bucks or the $280 Target deal have been better.

It's OK I guess.

$280 Target deal. Unaware. Aware me.

Edit: If you're talking about the repackaged ones... that really isn't even a deal either considering it's extremely YMMV and entirely dependent on whether people return their console in store.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#5 apterous   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

apterous

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Tempting, but bundles are becoming more common.  if you don't have a PS4 yet, you can hold out until a) bundle with the game you want, b) bundle with a free controller, c) black friday.  Killzone is not a system seller for me, so I'm holding out for TLoU, a controller, or another crazy CowBoom deal that I am lucky enough to hit.

Posted Image

#6 Kazeno Katana   Has been playing Heroes of the Storm
PC

Kazeno Katana

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

$280 Target deal. Unaware. Aware me.

Edit: If you're talking about the repackaged ones... that really isn't even a deal either considering it's extremely YMMV and entirely dependent on whether people return their console in store.

He's talking about the CartWheel Anniversary which offered 15% off all electronics including consoles and it stacked with Red Card and Movers Coupon making it 30% off or $400-$120=$280.

#7 zeronotyethero   A Muthaf***ing Bunny CAGiversary!   1724 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

zeronotyethero

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

He's talking about the CartWheel Anniversary which offered 15% off all electronics including consoles and it stacked with Red Card and Movers Coupon making it 30% off or $400-$120=$280.

Gotcha. Knew about that particular deal... but I didn't realize it was that low. For some reason I thought it was closer to ~$315 after all the coupons, otherwise I would've totally bought one. Feel like a potato now:/

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#8 Dakoshakid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Dakoshakid

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Gotcha. Knew about that particular deal... but I didn't realize it was that low. For some reason I thought it was closer to ~$315 after all the coupons, otherwise I would've totally bought one. Feel like a potato now:/

I second that. 

#9 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

It's OK I guess.

Mybb certs stockpiled tak care of tax

But I`m with you it`s $360 using the movers coupon so save the extra money & get better deals on the extras later.

#10 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

I need to find one of these movers coupons.  Do I just go to a post office? 

Posted Image

#11 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

I need to find one of these movers coupons.  Do I just go to a post office?

Yeah, just go in & request 4 change of address packets

#12 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, just go in & request 4 change of address packets

My local post office told me to apply online for a change of address. Damn it.

#13 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

My local post office told me to apply online for a change of address. Damn it.

You live in a big or small city, I deliver to the USPS across 3 states(PA/NJ/DE. Smaller ones have the mom n pop feel if they don`t have em they`ll call others to check for you(if they`re not busy) just tell them "you don`t do things like that over the internet". That`s what the "old generation" always says since alot don`t even have a pc which is also why the paper forms still exist.

#14 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

$280 Target deal was better but I don't trust those $360 eBay deals. They've gotten a lot of bad reviews with those PS4's they sell and I've seen a lot of Slickdealers/CAGS saying they're selling used ones as new.

Are you sure you're talking about the authorized sellers? Authorized Sellers/Retailers won't pull that sort of thing. Newegg for example is selling their PS4 for $360 right now. It has tons of positive reviews and feedback. http://www.ebay.com/...e-/380959771803

Not only do you not pay tax (for most people), you also get 2% back in eBay Bucks.

#15 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

You live in a big or small city, I deliver to the USPS across 3 states(PA/NJ/DE. Smaller ones have the mom n pop feel if they don`t have em they`ll call others to check for you(if they`re not busy) just tell them "you don`t do things like that over the internet". That`s what the "old generation" always says since alot don`t even have a pc which is also why the paper forms still exist.

I did not know that. The more you know..........

#16 Gedemer   Boss CAG CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

I want this deal back...since now I can get 10% from movers and $10 back from Ibotta !!!! :(

Currently Playing:  | :ps4: Dragon Age: Inquisition :xb1: TBD

:3ds: Zelda: Majora's Mask | :vita: FFX:HD |  :wiiu:  TBD

Last Movie Watched: Interstellar (again)  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:

Last Game Beat:  :xb1: Ryse |  :pc: Shadow of Mordor |  :ps4: Far Cry 4, Infamous Second Son

817405.png

Gedemer.png

#17 Franzen40   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Are you sure you're talking about the authorized sellers? Authorized Sellers/Retailers won't pull that sort of thing. Newegg for example is selling their PS4 for $360 right now. It has tons of positive reviews and feedback. http://www.ebay.com/...e-/380959771803

Not only do you not pay tax (for most people), you also get 2% back in eBay Bucks.

Do these newegg PS4s come with a warranty?

#18 Gedemer   Boss CAG CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

It's from newegg so yes it comes with the standards Sony warranty 

Last Game Beat:  :xb1: Ryse |  :pc: Shadow of Mordor |  :ps4: Far Cry 4, Infamous Second Son

817405.png

Gedemer.png

#19 Gedemer   Boss CAG CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

I want the damn eBay deal since I'm essentially paying $20 more buying it at BB but I also have a GC so out of pocket at BB I'll be paying $27

817405.png

Gedemer.png

#20 Franzen40   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

It's from newegg so yes it comes with the standards Sony warranty 

Wow, nice. $360 with no tax and free shipping... might have to bite on that. Only thing is I have no idea how I'd get the package because no one will be home to sign for it and I live nowhere near a UPS pickup location.

#21 Gedemer   Boss CAG CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Wow, nice. $360 with no tax and free shipping... might have to bite on that. Only thing is I have no idea how I'd get the package because no one will be home to sign for it and I live nowhere near a UPS pickup location.

http://slickdeals.ne...rom-officedepot

Could try that since then you can set up the time they deliver me thinks 

817405.png

Gedemer.png

#22 Franzen40   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

http://slickdeals.ne...rom-officedepot

Could try that since then you can set up the time they deliver me thinks 

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Too good of a deal to pass up.

#23 Gedemer   Boss CAG CAGiversary!   2977 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Just a heads up, depending on your credit, you can make the deal even better by using the PayPal thingy.

Essentially you'll make $20 in eBay bucks for future purchases :D and not have to pay for 6 months if you choose so (no interest or payments for 6 months)

That's my conundrum...

Best Buy will cost me $389 after tax and such but then I have a GC for $320 and then another GC for $34.

eBay will cost $359.99 but then you get $20 back in eBay bucks.

817405.png

Gedemer.png